Chapter Side Story 5. The Little Wolf Cub
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was taken back to his past. A memory he had long forgotten. What we normally wished to forget were our most painful memories. However, it was more excruciating to remember the good ones than the bad ones because it reminded us that once, life could be so beautiful. He could no longer recall which century it was and how much he himself had been reborn by then. But what he could remember the most was the fact that the cool morning air at the time was refreshing. The sunrise was mesmerizing as he sat on the ground on top of the mountain. The land back then was still ruled by kings and queens. There was no advancement of technology yet. There was no pollution. Water was still collected at the streams for drinking and bathing. Nature was still full of animals both of dangerous and docile characteristics alike.

Life back then was simple and peaceful.

He had not yet been summoned by his ‘King’. This was hundreds of years before his king found his soul-mate in that small town of Brackish Ville. This was when he began to grow a little affectionate towards the human race before the tragedy that changed him occurred.

“Master Miyamoto!!” A boy of about six years of age hurried over towards the man who looked like he could be neither a woman nor a man wearing a loose dark red yukata, revealing some parts of the pale skin of his shoulder. His long jet-black hair flowed down till it hit the ground. At the sight of the man, the little boy’s face blushed red. “I knew you’d be here,” the little boy said, smiling sheepishly at the man.

“You little wolf cub, what are you doing out here?” Kyo looked at the boy with a hint of annoyance. But deep in his heart, he was in fact, worried. The mountain was filled with dangerous beasts. Despite the boy being half a wolf, he should not be excluded from the danger all around him.

“I’m here to see you. I want to tell you that I burnt those flowers that you detest the other day. I found them grown at the foot of the mountain!” The boy informed the man proudly with a childish smug on his face. Kyo smiled, feeling amused at the eagerness of the boy to serve him.

“How sweet of you…” Kyo complimented, completely aware of how much the boy enjoyed hearing praises from him. The boy’s golden eyes shone brightly with happiness at the compliment. “Oh! Before I forget. I made something for you,” Kyo spoke as he suddenly remembered that he had made a necklace for the boy. He took it out from the hem of his yukata and handed it to the boy. “The locket is in the shape of the sun because it reminded me of your eye-color. They’re as golden as the color of this locket, aren't they? They’re as bright as the sun,” Kyo said softly.

The boy took the locket from Kyo’s hand shyly. The blush on his face grew redder and redder. The blush even went up to his ears. “Waaa! Master Miyamoto gave this to me! I’ll guard it with my life!” he then exclaimed enthusiastically.

Kyo made a ‘tch’ sound at him before dismissing the boy; “Don’t exaggerate. Now off you go, Renji. Your parents will be worried.”

The boy’s eyes lit up at the mention of his parents as if suddenly remembering something important. “Aa! Mother asked you to come for dinner tonight at our house.”

Kyo narrowed his eyes a little. It was such a nuisance to be involved with them. Why did they have to be so nice to him while knowing that he was a creature of unknown origin? “Is that so? What? That bitch thinks I can’t find my own food? How annoying,” he complained. But he couldn’t deny that deep in his heart, he felt touched at their attentiveness.

Renji was aware that his Master Miyamoto was harsh in his words but gentle in his heart so he didn’t mind him being vulgar with his words. “Well then, see you later, Master Miyamoto!” He spoke, knowing for sure that even with his complaint, he would still attend the dinner.

Kyo’s eyes softened while looking down at Renji. The little boy had already gone on his way to head down the mountain. “See you…” he then spoke softly, not knowing whether it was to himself or to the little boy that was no longer within his sight.

֍֍֍

NEXT UPDATE: 2023/01/02

1