Chapter Side Story 6. All Grown Up
32 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You healed fast,” Kyo commented as he looked down on the wound on Renji’s chest that was now completely closed up. The previous ugly hole was already gone without any trace of it left. Even the scar was non-existent. It left Kyo feeling impressed. He had no idea that werewolves could heal that fast. In fact, he didn’t really have much ideas or knowledge about other beings other than humans. He was always more self-absorbed with his own kind. He always felt that his kind was the most superior. Humans were of his interest since they were the kinds that he loved to feast on. Therefore, he never bothered to find out or care about werewolves' existence. Despite him knowing that there were other creatures in the world, he always felt all high and mighty about his own existence instead. The other creatures wouldn’t be a threat to him anyway.

Renji only laughed at his comment. “It’s only right since I’m a werewolf that has lived hundreds of years old, Master Miyamoto,” he said gently. His golden eyes lingered on Kyo’s face affectionately.

“It has been a long time ago. I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you at first glance,” Kyo apologized.

“It’s okay. I’m happy you still remember me. I thought you had completely forgotten about me.”

“That’s not possible,” Kyo refuted.

Renji looked at him in surprise. There was a hint of him being hopeful in his eyes. “Hmm? Why is it not possible? I was just a lost little wolf cub back then,” he reminded him. Kyo was left speechless for a while. That was true. Then… he also wondered about the reason too. Why was he so fixated on that part of his past? The part where he thought he had lost the little wolf cub? “Could it be… I mean something to you?” Renji then asked flirtatiously.

Kyo was taken aback by Renji’s flirtatious tone. He blushed without warning and he let out a nervous laugh to cover the embarrassment. But why was he embarrassed anyway? He wondered. “Anyway, how have you been doing all these years?” Kyo asked in an attempt to change the subject quickly.

There was no way in hell Renji would let Kyo divert the subject at hand. So, he flirted again in a coquettish tone. “I’ve just been missing you for all these 973 years, Master Miyamoto.”

Kyo was defenseless against that tone. He was now feeling even more embarrassed. This time, he let out an awkward laugh. He didn’t know how to dodge this anymore. He couldn’t tell yet if Renji was just teasing him or if he was serious. “Did you count the years? Or did you just make that up?” He asked jokingly.

Renji showed him a serious expression, almost similar to how enthusiastic he was when he was a child back then. “I counted. I can even tell you the weeks, days, and minutes, and seconds as well but that might creep you out a bit, don’t you think?” He smirked as soon as he finished talking.

Kyo avoided looking into Renji’s flirtatious eyes, not knowing how to respond. He really did not expect to be ‘attacked’ like this. He was unprepared. He had flirted with men before but those men were not like Renji. This man… this is Renji, the wolf cub he looked after when he was young. He was like a guardian to the boy. And now this boy, all grown up, dared to flirt with him? He looked around, feeling uncomfortable. It was then that he recalled the embarrassing thing that was done to him by Renji before they were in a bloody fight. Though completely clothed now, he felt naked again. He couldn’t escape his eyes from wandering to the sight of Renji’s body that was exposed as he was currently shirtless. The sturdy well-proportioned muscled chest and his perfectly carved six-pack proved to be quite a distraction. “You…” Kyo didn’t know how to word his confusion out so he could only say his other thoughts out loud. “You’ve grown up.” That was all that he could say.

“Every ‘part’ of me has grown up,” Renji replied while his eyes wandered to his own groin hinting a hidden meaning before looking back up to meet Kyo’s panicked eyes. He immediately snickered at the reaction by Kyo. “But you. You still look the same, Master Miyamoto,” he then commented.

Kyo closed his eyes and gritted his teeth. ‘This stinky kid…’ “Every ‘part’ of you has grown up, eh? Mind the way you speak to me, Renji. I’m still hundreds of years older than you, you know,” he warned, losing his patience. He couldn’t believe that he was being teased by a much younger being like this.

Renji didn’t speak for a while. He looked ahead as if he was lost in a distant deep thought. “I can never catch up to you in terms of age nor strength. But I really wish you won’t look at me like a child anymore. I’m a man now. Is it possible if you look at me like a man now?” He spoke softly and turned to look at Kyo again. His eyes were filled with longingness that even Kyo could understand the meaning behind it. It sent shivers down his spine. He was completely aware now of Renji’s intention. He immediately felt panicked and was desperate to escape.

֍֍֍

NEXT UPDATE: 2023/01/09

1