Chapter 1 – Sounds of winds through the leaves
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Something… is ringing in my ear, a loud and piercing sound of white noise, I feel completely numb, not able to move. These are the only thoughts that are crossing my mind right now, as I lay bare.

                                                                                 “Hey uh, Judari?”

 I feel nothing,

“Judari??”

 I am. nothing.

“Judari?!?”

 I feel as if- 

“JUDARI!!!”

A blur starts to clear as I notice a fuzzy cyan figure yelling at me. 

“What is it? I was just taking a quick nap.” I say with a slight frown as my vision starts to 

clear up. His sea blue skin shines slightly in my eye. I look as he unbinds his hair for a second, and ties in back in a rough ponytail, yet a lot of hair still sticks out as bangs. Here he is, my best friend Rito. He grunts a bit and stomps over to me.

“Well, we've only been here for thirty minutes, and you're already tired? You seriously have to start keeping up.” Rito says. 

“Right now I would rather stay asleep, then have to deal with these kinds of ‘chores’.” I say, trying to find a new place to put my head in the grass. 

“Yeah this isn’t the most exciting thing ever, and we have done a lot of these ‘chores’ lately, but you know it’s gonna be worth it.” 

“Well can’t we at least for once do something exciting, like travel to Oresfall, I hear there is a bunch of crime committed there, so couldn’t that be a good place to gain ‘reputation’ of some sort?”

“I don’t think we are experienced enough to deal with such a cesspool. Remember last time when we traveled through Sentinel, people were constantly trying to steal our money or scam us.” Rito says, walking over to me. 

“Well why don't we just go back there then, and do bounties. Pretty sure we can catch more attention and gain more reputation for the Sigil Order-” Rito yanks me up from the ground. 

“Go help the villagers, Now.” Rito says while looking me dead in the eye, and speaking with a flat voice. 

“Alright alright, you convinced me, don’t gotta be an ass about it.” I walk away annoyed.

Strolling around the small village, I look at the buildings that populate the area, wooden framework and a beige sort of concrete that's used for walls. Some of the buildings seem to have obvious burn marks from the last raid, and some houses even have small cracks and holes. I keep looking around the huts, and spot some small plants sprouting out of the ground. I bow down to inspect them a bit closer. Okay so, a top covered with moss of some sorts, and under seems to be the actual plant, which is some sort of purple gourd, seems a bit hairy somehow. Seems useful for future potions though. I think to myself as I pluck the mossy plants up from their roots, and I place them in my pouch. I look up from the newly uncovered roots, over to a blond woman, who is currently planting small seeds into the dirt. I walk over to her and ask if she needs any help with the planting. She replies with a sigh and answers sure. I take my knees to the ground and I grab the small bag she was taking seeds out of, rustling it a bit. I take a couple of seeds in my hand. Placing the seeds slowly into the open soil. 

“So… from what I can hear, your village has been ravaged recently, do you perhaps know what kind of people did it?” I ask. 

“I have no clue, all I know is they had spears of some sort, and yelled ‘For the Prince!’ over and over,” She pauses. 

“But honestly I don’t think your kind should be here at the moment.” She replies with a slight snarl. 

“...Well, from what I can hear, you were attacked by a group called the Church Knights, they follow some sort of man called The Prince of Cures. I hear the Sigil Knight Order has been trying to track them down, so it would be appreciated if you, or someone from the village knew where they went after this raid.” I ask while my mouth goes dry. 

“Well if your little order would have shown up I don't think the raid would have happened.” She says looking down at her dusty hands and clothes.

I keep quiet not wanting to irritate her further. We finish planting the rest of the seeds, and she thanks me for the small help. As I was about to leave, she says. 

“Now… could you and your Fischeran friend leave, your very presence invites evil…” Before I could answer, I felt a slight tug at my clothes, a little girl was below me. She was obviously pretty shy, so I asked her. 

“Hey there little lady, is something bothering you?” I ask her politely. 

“M-my dad wants to t-taste a turnip, wou-uld you be able to g-get one?” She answers looking me in the eyes. 

“Well the nearest place we can get turnips is a bit away. So how about this, we do some errands here in Royal Woods, then we come back here with a bunch of turnips, that sound alright?” She nods quietly and runs back to her dad who is sitting at a table looking disheveled. His eyes light up and he waves at me with a big smile. I wave back and I start walking back to Rito, who is currently chatting with the merchant stationed at the village. 

“So they went up to Oresfall, and marched through the gateway into… the Tundra?!? I have to warn the Sigil Knight Order of this, thank you for your information. It is greatly appreciated.” I hear from Rito.

“Of course Rito, It’s always nice to see you again after these many years. Wait, isn't that your friend over there?” I hear from the merchant as I was getting closer to the small hut.

“Oh, Hi Judari, good to see you did some work around here, for now we are done.” Rito says. We talk through the last details with the merchant, we say our quick goodbyes to the village, as we head into the woods. 

“Wait Rito, now that I think about it, you never told me the name of the town, you just said it would be a good place to do some simple quests.” I ask. 

“It's called Alana.” Rito says. 

“Oh, okay… Hey what’s up, you’ve seemed a bit tense since we got to... Alana was it?” I ask Rito. 

“It’s nothing really, just some stuff on my mind, hm I just got an idea. Before you said you wanted some action, well why don't we go to Sentinel?” Rito asks. 

“Well that would honestly be great, but do you really think that is a place we can manage, last time we passed through there, we weren’t really there, just a passing point.” I say. 

“We have grown enough in experience since then, and besides, we have eachothers back right.” Rito says.

0