Front 45 – A Pause
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Recording Starts]

............................................................................................................................................................................
......................................... The fuck do you want me to say, huh?!

I mean who gives you the right to tell me I have to record a stupid BlackBox entry Scarlet?!

.....................................................................................................................

 

Seriously the Hell am I meant to say? If I'm dead, than I'm dead, that's it.

Kolme I attached a file for you, damn cockroach I can be sure you're not dead – Send whatever is left in my account to Shasha's mom and throw a brick through my Dad's living room window – That ought to settle all my affairs right there.


There is literally nothing else for me to say, I'm not gonna sit here and treat this like therapy ya hear?
   If I'm dead all I hope is that I don't die like an idiot – For fuck's sake don't let me commit some stupid act of self-sacrifice, I hate it.
   I hate how my whole life I've been constantly surrounded by Martyrdom obsessed fools!

My Da' couldn't be in the military, some stupid minor condition like flat feet – So his whole family ostracised him – My uncle, now he was military, so he was the golden child.
   Mom was military, that's how she met dad – She fell in love and got this friggin ridiculous idea she would fight for them both, earn back the Vint family's respect that way – And you know the worst bit? It actually helped a little bit, my Grandparents, my uncles and aunts –           They all accepted my dad a little bit by mere associations to a 'good soldier' like my mother.

'Course when both mom and my uncle died in the First War, the 'family' disappeared, never supported us, sometimes tried to hinder us!           Bunch of snake-eyed bastards!
   The thing I hated though, was the letter about their deaths, informing us 'with pride' that mom had died saving others – Fuck that!

..........................................................


Ya know it hurts, it sucks, it fucking burns that Ennya and Zori died – But atleast they died for themselves – They got beat by better machines and died, all there is to it – But Mili and.... And Shasha – They died protecting others like idiots – Their deaths didn't even pay off, the people they saved either died anyway or were never really in that much danger!

And now Una too, stupid girl had to go and die to save us – Who the hell decides which life is worth more huh?!
   So Scarlet would of probably died, but who's to say Una didn't deserve to live in Scarlet's place?
   Why do people always, always insist on dieing for others, its so fucking stupid!!

Me and Shasha, we could of been something better than this miserable reality.
   She'd of become a famous officer, we'd of drifted apart for a bit but then years down the line I'd get put in charge of her security detail or something – We'd rekindle our childhood memories and retire together – She having gotten the money for her mother's medical treatment, me reclaiming the 'Vint honour' for my dad – Why the hell did she have to go and die like that!

Why!..... Why couldn't I save her, or Una, or--.... Why didn't my Mom listen when I begged her with tears in my adolescent eyes not to go off to war?

............................................................................................................................................................................
Fuck this shit, I told you lot I didn't want to do one of these – We're even for Bannerman now, no more favours old man.

Damn it all......

[Recording Ends]

 

Sabban's bruised and busted Neo-C floated placidly through the rolling debris fields of fallen ships and defeated Vijaiks – It was in-general moving in the direction of the defence-line, although there was little urgency to its movement.
   Two remarkably large white explosion accented what should of been the black void of space behind him – Hoki's 'decoy' had worked exceptionally well – The TSU-s forces had fallen into disarray, perhaps panicked wondering if IAFS had swapped to an all out self-destruction strategy, or maybe they were just taking a moment to regroup.
   Whatever the case it meant for the first time in hours, there was something of a temporary reprieve spreading throughout the battlefield.

Still held in his remaining Neo's hand was the ACR-Mk5-Sniper Rifle of Hoki Bachika, a single round left in it.
   The young man's eyes were barely focusing on much of anything but he was vaguely aware of two things:
   One being the suffocating heat being generated by his machine – He'd lost one vent fighting the Casnel and managed to crush another while ramming it, his cockpit was therefore incredibly hot right now – And two, that the warship that had just appeared in front of him, a warship that was aflame as a massive pulsing beam of energy smashed into its side – Was none other than the Rinie, an IAFS ship that had accompanied them throughout Operation Deadlight – The ship where pilots Sabban atleast professionally respected like Tomo and Erfu had come from – A ship on the cusp of sinking.

0