Arc 1.3 (Ghost in the Box) The Preparation
113 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

From now on I’ll be writing longer chapters. I didn’t notice how short they were, so apologies on my behalf.

The man was robust in nature and looked scary. His eyes gazed lovingly at a young woman that stood in front of him. 

Before Caige could do or say anything, they started making out. He quickly covered his eyes with the palm of his hand.

“We shouldn’t be doing this.” The woman whispered.

“We won’t be able to see each other when the show starts, and isn’t it exciting?” He responded while kissing her.

“Just for today, and I think we should go down to the 19th floor. It’s freezing up here.”

“You're right. Wonder why it’s so cold, wouldn’t temperate play be fun up here?” The man teased.

“Don’t get any bright ideas. It’s creepy up here.”

Caige watched as the two went to the staircase and disappeared. Caige hadn’t noticed at first but the sun was rising, he had read the novel the whole night.

Caige also headed to the staircase, avoiding the  19th floor he made it to the 18th.

It was furnished and clean.

The layout was like that of an office. Next to it was a smaller room that looked like it was for a secretary.

“Must be the CEOs office.” He pondered.

Most of the floors were furnished like a normal office building. Some had a sort of different feel to it, making it seem like the floor was actually a different building.

The 8th floor was set like a home. The 7th floor was a classy bar. Etc.

Caige looked out the windows of the building and he saw a city covered in the haze of the morning sun's glow and smog. 

“Pretty.” He exclaimed.

A small shriek was let out behind him, Caige almost jumped out of his skin. Turning around he saw the young couple he saw earlier looking around the room in fear.

“D-did you hear that babe?” She asked.

The man was sweating profusely “It’s probably nothing. I think we should give up looking for those condoms.” 

Caige had found those on the 7th floor, he assumed it was probably part of the set or a construction crew member dropped them. He would’ve never connected it to them.

Caige quietly slipped out the door, he accidentally opened the door slightly, he was too focused on escaping. The couple screamed in unison and ran for the stairs.

Caige could only sigh. 

Skipping down the stairs he looked at the 1st floor designed as a lobby, some people were starting to set up equipment. They weren’t expecting to see the two running down the stairs scared out of their wits.

“Where have you two been?” Asked a man looking to be in his thirties.

“We were looking around, then we heard some whispering on the 8th floor. A door moved on it’s on so we ran.” She hurriedly exclaimed.

“I’ll have someone check the floors just in case some homeless person came in, and don't go running off on your own, you don’t want rumors spreading do you?” The man reprimanded.

They both apologize but we’re still continuously lectured for at least 10 minutes.

“Now go and rehearse with the others.” 

The two went up to the 2nd floor.

As more people came in the more people went up to the 2nd floor. By an hour almost all the actors had made it.

Caige peeped into the 2nd floor for a bit but only saw the actors rehearsing with each other. One would shout, the other would try to calm them down. 

The scary man from earlier was even acting out the scene of beating up a young teenager. 

When Caige finally grew bored he slipped away and headed back down to the lobby. There he saw a group of people surrounding another group of recent arrivals.

The new group had a vibe that screamed “I’m important!”.

With a little bit of eavesdropping he soon learned that the 15 of them would be playing the main characters. They were also asked to rehearse on the 2nd floor but they had the privilege of having a separate room opposite of everyone else.

If they needed a certain character they would bring them in then kick them out.

Caige just watched this back and forth. Bored, he opened his systems info page.

[Plotline:

…→

Tasks:

Devlands

Have someone find ‘Devlands’ body. 0/1

Be on TV 0/1

Random

Move things 0/10

Scare a crew member 2/2 ✓

Owned Character information:

Name: Devland VanTer

Age: 19

Personal Background:

Click to receive original owners memories 

(Search Bar)]

‘Noice.’ He thought to himself.

He didn’t even notice he completed the tasks. With this he only had three more to go.

Feeling mischievous he tried to knock down a book from a random shelf. With full focus his fingers quivered as he slowly began to shift the book off the shelf.

As it was only an inch away from falling he lost focus. He went back to trying shortly after, not discouraged in the least. He was so close.

In surprise he watched as all his hard work was demolished by one of the main actors, he pushed the book deeply into the shelf expressionlessly.

“Bruh” Caige questioned his existence. He took at least three minutes just to move that book, his efforts were all in vain and he was feeling upset.

Without thinking he knocked a book off in anger, it smacked the top of the actor's head then hit the floor. The actor just expressionlessly put it back.

“Serves you right.” Caige said angrily as he hopped off into another one of the rooms. After a while he felt a little guilty but it wasn’t like he could apologize.

Checking the system his tasks said [1/10].

He smiled and began to make his way back down to the lobby.

The day was coming to an end, preparations were being done. It would most likely take a week for everything to be fully prepared.

All the actors had left at ten, leaving Caige by himself. He wandered around looking at everything when he grew bored he tried to leave the building only to be blocked by some invisible wall.

He could at most make it a little bit into an alley behind the building.

He could only sit on the 8th floor and stare out of the windows. He liked it there because he felt more like he was staying at a hotel.

He laid on the bed for a bit and stretched comfortably.

When it hit midnight Caige began to float up again.

‘What am I? Cinderella?’ He complained.

He spent another spooky night with a corpse.

A week passed by in the blink of an eye. None of the actors showed up, it would be too chaotic to set up things and also have tons of people around so the director made arrangements for them to practice the first episode elsewhere.

Each floor was equipped with cameras, they were discreetly placed. They couldn’t just use still shots though so they brought two large rolling cameras to floors that would have more scenes.

Only floors from the 1st to the 18th were being used so Devlands body was unfortunately not found, and probably wouldn’t be anytime soon.

The second floor was most likely going to be used as a dressing, makeup, and rehearsal room.

Caige went down to the 18th floor and sat in the CEOs chair. He faced the large window that touched floor to ceiling with no curtains. The view was great.

His fingers lightly tapped the chair's armrest impatiently.

He was so bored he had to entertain himself, the only entertainment being watching the people scurry to and fro outside.

Getting up he dusted himself off and headed for the first floor. The actors would be pouring in soon.

“Are you all prepared for what’s to come?” Asked the same man who lectured the couple earlier.

“Yes, director!” They shouted.

“Then get ready! ‘Bjørn.’ isn’t gonna be no mediocre show, we’re gonna make it hit #1 on all platforms!” 

Everyone clapped in excitement.

‘No way. I-isn't Bjørn…’

4