Chapter 16
45 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He was powdered white and the apartment lights were off. So he blended in well with the white bathroom walls. As a figure came running through the halls to reach the door he snatched his hand out and grabbed the person by the jaws into the room. With their mouth clamped shut they couldn’t even let out a scream.

The camera panned into the bathroom and the young woman in his embrace shriveled up in fear. He laughed lightly and said with a malicious joy, “Did you really think you could escape my grasp?”

Her tears poured from her eyes like drops of rain, and her body began to fall from his body almost like she was passing out.

“You can’t sleep now, we still have so much to do. We need to get married!” He laughed louder and louder and the walls inside the room spread his laugh into the microphone and buzzed the ears of the young woman who he held.

Her breath started to actually hitch, off script, and her eyes poured out even more tears.

“You can’t leave me again. I won’t allow it! You promised me!” He screamed. Her lips quivered and her hands brought out a small pendant, the pendant was a light blue and glowed with a holy light.

“I-I’m sorry.” She replied to him and stabbed him with the sharp point of the pendant. His screams grew to unfounded volumes.

“If you love me so much, you should be happy to let me recieve an expression you have yet to show to someone else? An expression of death. Yes, you love me so you’ll do this small favor.” His hands pulled out a small piece of glass from the shattered mirrors and stabbed her.

“Let’s die together, my little moon.” Her tears and blood mixed with his own and her body slumped in his arms. He sat on the ground against the cabinets of the sink and curled up with her, not letting go.

“My little moon.”

The story was actually incredibly sad. Most student films and animations liked to pour a lot of feelings into their work and sometimes they really paid off.

Like this one. When the scene ended everyone was silent and a few people in the back had shed a few tears.

They were expecting to have to go over this scene a million times before they could finally send the final product. They knew he was a terrible actor, but they didn’t expect him to suddenly surge with potential.

His acting from before seemed like a mirage, like it never actually happened. 

The director's mind buzzed with excitement, telling him to redo his previous first scenes. Caige already expected it but his acting was, as always, trash.

The group finally calmed down, their expectations let down. They finished the project a few days later and sent it to the professor.

The students from other classes who participated were sent extra credit and a little money, though it was not a lot. Caige was happy to receive it despite that because he could finally pay some of his bills.

Gossip went around after that he could only play the dead part well because his acting was already dead like.

‘Was I expecting praise?’ He shook his head. He was still too naive.

His acting had improved but he struggled to even find a glimpse of salvation from the school. They still disdained him.

‘When I fail, I’m mocked. When I succeed, I’m still mocked. There’s clearly something wrong with these people.’

He cursed them out from within.

*****

The winds crossed the buildings like large giants, their sound deafening to the point of rumbling.

They sent garbage into the air, but this was normal. Like the winds were just friends the citizens did not mind.

His hair blew around his face, and the leaves smacked his calves. It was a windy day and the air held a crisp breeze that slowly seeped into his lungs.

The sky darkened and he entered his small apartment, his haven.

He let out a large drawn out sigh from his couch, not wanting to get up and cook. He craved something cheesy and meaty.

I want a steak and cheese sub.

I wanna drink some alcohol.

Then again, he didn’t want to move.

‘I have become one with my couch.’

He had found zen and did not want to destroy it. The couch was just too comfortable.

[Ding!]

[Next World Commencing!]

He cursed as a roulette appeared in his vision. It’s flashing little bulbs telling him to spin it.

The roulette wasn’t as transparent as when he first received it. It was like a giant non removable sticky note stuck to his forehead.

He had no choice but to spin it, otherwise he’d pretty much be considered blind. He wouldn’t be able to walk with it right in his face.

The words 'Supernatural’ were grayed out leaving him only two options.

•3• Roulette’s in Place.

Owned ‘Genre’ Roulettes:

  1. Supernatural

  1. Action and Adventure

  1. Crime      

  1. …         ]

He looked at the two options not really likening crime, he sincerely prayed from the bottom of his heart not to receive it. Who knew what would happen to him if he were to be subjected to a world of crime.

Would he have to kill people?

He didn’t even want to think about it.

His hands touched the button at the bottom of the board.

 [Spin]

Its words were encased in gold.

‘So shiny.’ He felt almost blinded.

He pressed it without further ado, watching the wheel spin and the words becoming a blurry mess.

He felt his heart sputter a little as it grew slower. 

‘Please don’t be crime. Please don’t be crime.’ He chanted it endlessly.

3