Chapter 2.1 (A bittersweet cleaning)
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Announcement

Once again Caige experienced the thrill of being thrown into the sky and flying through the galaxy. The rollercoaster of a journey came to an end once he fell downward and landed with a loud thump.

He felt slightly disoriented but quickly recovered.

As he opened his eyes, a bright light hit him and the rumbling of a door being slammed off its hinges entered his eyes and ears.

A large man standing at six feet came in and looked at him.

“I told you, running is pointless. Hand over what you have.”

He couldn’t think straight, everything was moving too fast. What did this giant man want from him? Before he could panic any further he felt a sense of calmness pour over him. 

He looked around the room casually and saw two balls huddled behind him. In his hands he held a few worn bills. At most it would be fifty bucks.

He threw the bills at the man then turned around to protect the two balls. He’d figure it all out later once this giant man left.

The man picked up the bills and counted them in seconds. 

“Fifty-six, the next time I come around, don't try to run, it’s useless. If you keep this up I’ll have to do something more… drastic.”

The man finally left, bills in hand without looking back.

The two balls stopped trembling and lifted their heads up, it was two small kids, most likely around the age of six. The two boys wore ragged clothes, the sleeves were rolled into giant puffs on their arms, clearly too big for them to wear.

They looked like bullied kittens, their eyes moist and looking up at him for comfort. He awkwardly held the children in the most soothingly way possible.

A loud bang came from the broken door, making the three of them jump. A young teen had run into the home looking at the three worriedly. He was sweating buckets and held a small branch in his thin hands.

“Are you ok?.”

“Yeah we’re fine.” Caige said, unsure of the teen who came in and if he should say anything about the incident. 

“You should really run away! Those loan sharks won’t chase you if you run far enough.” The thin teen pleaded, he had clearly tried to discuss this before.

Caige kept silent, unsure of how to answer.

After a full minute the young teen turned around and walked out. Leaving behind only two words

“I understand.” As he said this he lightly glanced at the two children who snuggled against Caige.

His steps were heavy and his head hung low, almost like he was in a prison where he couldn’t even lift his head.

Looking at the two children he put one in each arm and left the room. It was a one bedroom apartment with very little furniture, it looked like it had been ransacked.

The pictures were tilted, glass shards littered the floor, and a small table was upside down.


There were many things out of place but the most eye-catching was the family photo. Two parents, one teen, and two babies. It was a very lovely photo and they all looked into the camera with a smile.


Caige held the picture frame light sliding it back into place, after finally placing it correctly he sat down the two children on the sofa and began to clean up.


On top his black hair stood a fluffy white ball that balanced itself with no trouble.

It was the Pom Pom from the white space.

He didn’t know when it placed itself on his head but he didn’t think much of it. He threw it to the couch with the kids. It was ignored, most likely invisible to others.

As he swept the floor his eyes flickered while looking into thin air, almost as if he was reading something. What the children who looked at him didn’t see was a blue panel right in front of him.

[Host is now in place.

•1• Roulette in Place.

Genre Roulette: Crime.

Owned ‘Genre’ Roulettes:

  1. Supernatural.

  1. Action and Adventure.

  1. Crime.      ]

‘Seems I’ve landed on crime.’

He disappointedly looked at the results of spinning the roulette and sighed.

Great.

 

[Status]

[Name:  Caige Bao

Current Name: Hao Doyoon 

Status: Alive, has illness of the mind.

Species: Human

Age: 22

Current age: 23

World: Where Deadly Shadows Passed

Tasks: 

Hao Doyoon

Feed the kids a homemade meal 0/20

Find a stable job 0/1

Send children to school 0/2

Be free of Debt 0/1

Give Chul and Jung a safe forever home 0/1

Random

Help your neighbor with his homework 0/3

Give a homeless person food 0/1

Volunteer at a local shelter 0/1

Special-

Have a mental attack 0/∞

(Surviving two attacks will reward you with 100 coins.)]

He went to the systems search bar for answers.

‘Why were there special missions?’

[These are obstacles the original could not beat or is meant to overcome. If you overcome these you’ll earn coins for your effort.

Specials can also be randomly generated by the system to give you the chance to earn more coins.]

There were a great many types of mental illnesses, what kind did he have and did he have to purposely make himself have a mental attack to earn coins?

If he didn’t know what kind of mental illness he had, how was he supposed to have an attack? And with these kids around, could he be sure he wouldn’t have a hallucination and accidentally harm them? Who would watch his kids when he did have an attack? Would they be taken away if things got too dangerous?

He slowly started to spiral thinking about the kids. He seemed to have grown attached to them because of the original owners feelings still lingering, but this also made him personally not want to have an attack. Even though they weren’t really his siblings that didn’t mean he could just leave and give up the responsibility.

They were now his siblings. The original had trusted him to watch them too, as can be seen from the tasks he had left behind.

Either way he couldn’t move on to the next world without them.

As he finished sweeping, he began to wipe the counters glass into a bag, after cleaning up the entire house he began to make the kids dinner as the sun had already set. 

After awkwardly looking for a pot and sifting through the damaged house for undamaged bowls did the three eat in a quiet atmosphere.

The kids went to bed soon after, sleeping side by side with him. No fuss was made and the humming of the city slightly quieted.

Once the kids were asleep he got up quietly to put out a bowl of the leftover dinner for the Pom Pom and began looking through his info page.

[Info]

[Plotline:

…→

Tasks:

Hao Doyoon

Feed the kids a homemade meal 0/3

Find a stable job 0/1

Send children to school 0/2

Be free of Debt 0/1

Give Chul and Jung a safe forever home 0/1

Random

Help your neighbor with his homework 0/3

Give a homeless person food 0/1

Volunteer at a local shelter 0/10

Owned Character information:

Name: Hao Doyoon

Age: 23

Personal Background:

Click to receive original owners memories 

(Search Bar)]

After a long debate with himself on what option to choose first he ultimately chose to receive the originals memories.

Like a flash bang a string of memories entered his mind unexpectedly.

Doyoon grew up in a household that was slightly wealthy, his parents were happy, save for the few moments they would argue.

He grew up healthy, his parents worked for a company that dealt in medicine for the mind. The two parents miraculously had two twin boys after years of trying to have more children and they all got along well.

The black haired boy was named Jung and the blond haired one was Chul.

Unfortunately five years ago their company went under, the CEOs stole the company funds and left all the employees who worked there a bad reputation. The medicine they had created was not good and caused masses of people to be at harm.

His parents struggled to climb to where they last were and were shunned by their friends and family for even working in such a horrendous company.

After winning a small amount of money in a gambling business they had gone to for fun, his father started to become addicted.

After a year of borrowing money they could not give back, the loan sharks started to stop giving money and instead took their money.

His parents ran, leaving him, an eighteen year old, as their guarantor. And for the past four years he worked his way up paying back the debt and raising the two children left in his care to the best of his abilities.

The stress strained his mind and in the middle of a mental breakdown he ran in front of traffic, the car hitting him full force and dying.

‘Oof.’ Just imagining the pain of getting hit by a car made him shudder.

That was the end of the memories, he still wasn’t sure what mental illness he had. As the majority of the memories focused on the main parts of his life and skimmed over his mental illness.

He knew the original Doyoon experienced hallucinations, panic attacks, depression, and a variety of other symptoms that he could not link to anything specific.

He felt extremely sorry for the original and shed a few tears for him. The lad couldn’t even have a nice meal with his siblings and was burdened with the responsibility of being a parent as soon as he was an adult.

Hopefully he was somewhere peaceful now.

Thinking back on his own original world he felt a little sorry for himself.

‘Fuck.’

This is terrible.

Why couldn’t he just have a moment to himself, he was still craving the steak and cheese sandwich. Now he was so broke he couldn’t even dream of it.

Guess this is what happens when you dream of being an actor.

1