Chapter 21- Old Friends
184 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My body was still healing from all the burn marks and broken bones I got from the fight. It was good that I had Minor Healing because my body was a mess right now. My whole upper body was covered in burn marks, my head only had a few hairs left. I was basically bald.

Even Walter and Lily gave me sympathy by looking at my condition. But from what I saw with minor healing It was able to heal a wound completely without even leaving a single mark, so that relaxed me a little. Otherwise, I would have looked like a burned-up giant bald monster for the rest of my life.

Although the serpent was dead we were still lost, so without wasting much time we decided to start our search for the school's location. We just picked a random direction and continued our journey.

After only a couple of minutes of that, I heard someone calling us from the back. When I looked back, I could see two people waving their hands at us.

It was Larry and Anna, the senior students.

They came running towards us. When they got close, they had horrified expressions on their faces looking at me. Right now I was probably around 6.6 feet(201 cm) with a body as big as a strong man weightlifter. Plus, the burned-up body and bald head, made me look horrifying.

Anna was the first one to speak with a very nervous look on her face, “Are….are…you Robin?”

They were so distracted by my appearance, they didn’t even notice Walter and Lily behind me.

Walter was so excited after seeing them that he started laughing out loud, “Hey, we were looking for you.”

Then they shifted their attention to Walter and Lily and relaxed a little.

Larry was hesitant to speak but somehow got the words out of his mount, “What happened…?”

After that, we told them about the fight with the monster and why my body was in this condition.

Apparently, they were close by and saw the disturbance in the forest from a mile away and decided to check it out.

“So how is everyone else?” I asked both of them.

The reply was not what we expected. When the buildings disappeared, the school was also completely gone. With that, it took around 50 people who were inside the buildings at that moment.

But that was just the start of it. With the school gone they had no defense against the monsters. Although they didn’t face any problems during the day but at night they were attacked by a massive group of goblins which resulted in them losing around 150 more people. The rest were able to take down a few goblins and flee.

Spending the night in the forest without any defense would be death. Our own plan was to get the people fast and return to the village, but we lost a lot of time looking for them, so we decided to go get the people quickly.

***

After walking for 10 minutes, we got to where the people from the school were. They were all gathered around a giant tree, everyone was equipped with whatever makeshift weapon they found. From a wooden plank to a knife.

For a moment I was stunned to see so fewer people, most of the kids from the junior class were not to be seen. I searched the surrounding for my classmates, but only a few were left. The sudden realization made my heart a little heavy.

Everyone was scared for a moment looking at my appearance but when they saw the others accompanying me they relaxed a little, but they still held their weapons tight while approaching me.

The first ones to approach us were the teachers.

I saw Mr. Jacob running towards us, “Walter, Lily……Robin?”

Although I was almost healed by now, there were only a few marks remaining on my body but I still had a bald head which made me look unrecognizable.

After we finished greeting Mr. Jacob everyone gathered around and we told them about Orilon Village and how they could have a safe shelter inside it.

They were more than happy to go there since they had no way of surviving in the forest.

The surprising thing I found out while talking to them was that almost every one of them was at level 1. There were 94 people in total and 70 of them were at level one. With only 6 others at level 2.

After we finished discussing the plan, Walter, Lily, and I went to check on our classmates. Out of 23 of us, only 14 remained. It was a surreal feeling to lose someone who you knew since you were 5. I was not sure how to deal with it emotionally.

I looked up to the sky, “I hope you guys are doing well”.

Lily and Walter were trying their best to hold onto their tears.

I saw Jessica walking towards us, she looked a little angry with tears on her face, “You guys left without even saying anything. I thought we were good friends?”

Lily answered in a calm tone, “Jessica, we are sorry, We thought we would return immediately after going to the mall. And you were not even with us, you were with your boyfriend.”.

Although it looked like Jessica’s anger calmed down a little after hearing this but she still had an angry look on her face, “I don’t care!”

She said this and stormed off, leaving us. Lily decided to follow behind her.

We talked to our friends for a little bit, sharing our stories of what had happened till now. When we were ready to go, Lily was back with Jessica and her boyfriend.

Jessica was not able to kill a goblin and get to level 1, on the other hand, Jessica’s boyfriend was at level 1.

Lily looked at me with puppy eyes, “Robin, can they stay with us, I told them they would be safe if they stayed close to us?”

Bringing Jessica was fine but Jessica's boyfriend Henry, well, I just don’t like the guy at all. Not only because he was Jessica’s boyfriend but the guy was annoying as hell. Any opportunity he got he would start bragging about what new toy his father bought him.

I was really not ready to listen to all that on the journey back to the village.

Without waiting for my answer, Henry spoke with a smug look on his face, “Actually I am also level one now, I can easily kill goblins. What level are you guys?”

I was about to say no and shoo this guy off but Lily was silently saying, “Please, Please” from the side. And thinking of the friends we lost till now, I thought it might not be wrong to keep them close.

With an annoyed look on my face, I said yes.

With that settled we all gathered up. Our plan was still the same, on the way to the village we were going to look for Walter's home. There were a few more students who came up to me and asked if we could check on their parents after hearing that we were going to look for Walter’s parents, but I rejected them without a second glance.

One of the senior girls, a very attractive one came to ask Walter for help to take her back to her parents. The guy was so happy that he was jumping around and said yes. After hearing this I kicked his butt hard enough to send him falling face-first to the ground.

I sent him to reject her after that, the guy came back with a slap mark on his cheek. Apparently, he took a kiss from the girl in advance to take her to her parents, and then when he said no to her afterward the girl was so furious that she kept slapping Walter until he ran away from her.

***

It was a massive group of around 97 people walking through the forest with weapons in their hands, it would have almost looked like an army if it was not for the makeshift weapons that these guys had.

Although we were not exactly sure of Walters's home's location but since it was close to where the school was we were able to calculate a rough estimate.

The ones leading the group were Walter, Lily, and Me, with Jessica and her boyfriend tagging along. The ones behind us were all the people who were at level three, it consisted of Ava’s group along with a few teachers.

9