Chapter 22 – Search And Rescue
193 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We had just set out and everything was going well, so I decided to check out my stats while walking.

*STATUS*

Name: Robin Vaulter

Level: 9

HP: 410/1280

MP: 0/0

Exp: 849/4175

Race: Lesser Human

Class: None

Job: Adventurer

Gold: 70

Skill: Unwavering Body Lvl 1(L), Identification Lvl 1 (C), Power Punch Lvl 2 (C), Staff Mastery Lvl 8 (C), Pain Tolerance Lvl 24(C), Haste Lvl 1 (R), Axe Mastery (C)Lvl 2, Lesser Regeneration(UC) Lvl 1, Minor Strength Boost (UC) Lvl 1, Magic Defense (UC) Lvl 2, Fire Resistance (UC) Lvl 41

*Attributes*

Strength: 69

Vitality: 64

Defense: 27

Agility: 14

Intelligence: 3

Willpower: 6

Wisdom: 0

Luck: 3

Free Attribute Points: 10

Free Skill Points: 3

I was level 9 now, but the experience points needed to get to level 10 was too much. If I kept killing goblins, I would never be able to get there with the measly 50exp points that they provide.

But the teachers did say that the school was attacked by a massive group of goblins. They were not able to count, but it was supposedly above 70. It would be great to grind on those guys. I was starting to grin thinking of that.

I got a few skills when I fought the serpent, Although I leveled up Magic Defense before as a countermeasure against the fire attack of the serpent but I was still not sure how it actually worked.

*Magic Defense Lvl 2 (Passive) (Uncommon)*

*Increases your resistance against magic attacks by 15%*

That was not bad, 15% resistance was sweet. I was already going for a warrior kind of build, so I would most certainly be attacked by more magic attacks, investing in that didn’t seem like a bad idea.

The next skill I got was Fire Resistance, which was self-explanatory. It was resistance against fire, at level 41 fire resistance, I had 41% resistance against fire. What I was not sure about, was what would have happened if it became 100, would I not be damaged by fire at all?

My pain tolerance had a massive boost too, right now with level 24 pain tolerance, if I got a minor cut by a knife or dagger I didn’t feel any pain at all.

But to my surprise my staff mystery also leveled up to level 8, I was not sure how it got a boost of 3 levels at once, was it because I was fighting a stronger monster? I was regretting putting my first free skill points on this now.

I had 10 free attribute points, from which I chose to put 7 on defense and 3 on agility.

After around 30 minutes of walking, we were in the area where Walter’s house was supposed to be. We extensively searched the area for any remaining people, but we could not find anything.

Walter was starting to get more nervous with every passing minute. After around an hour of searching, one of the student came running toward us, “I found something!”, he said.

He led us toward the location. From where the student took us, we could see a small settlement with around 10 to 15 camps that were made out of some kind of animal skin.

We could also see goblins walking around there. They were doing all sorts of things from guarding to cooking, it was like a goblin village. They had a massive pot in the middle of their settlement where around 3 goblins were working. 2 were putting wood on the fire while the other was putting in ingredients.

But the disturbing thing was the ingredients they were putting in the pot looked like human parts. I could clearly see a whole hand being put inside the pot. And a human head floating on top of the pot.

A little distance away from the cooking pot were a few wooden cages that held humans. I knew that the goblins were not smart enough to do this on their own, and right then I saw a hobgoblin coming out of one of the camps with a massive axe in his hands.

It was possible that a hobgoblin was commanding the goblins, but the next moment I saw a few more hobgoblins walking around the settlement. There were probably around 6 hobgoblins in there.

I could not count the total number of goblins, but it looked like they had around 100 or so goblins and around 6 hobgoblins.

I saw Walter looking at the goblin's camp with a terrified expression, when I followed his gaze, I could see Walter's parents inside one of the cages.

Walter looked at me with watery eyes, “We have to save them!”

“We will!”, I said to Walter while patting his back.

It was a great opportunity for everyone to level up, so I told the teachers about raiding the goblin settlement.

But they did not agree with it. Some of the people wanted to tag along with us, but most of them were scared of fighting such a big group of monsters.

In the end, there were only 30 people out of the 97 who were ready to join us.

I was happy to have Mr. Jacob and Anna's group joining us, they were already at level 3, so I won’t have to worry about them dealing with level 1 goblins.

Talking about killing goblins, I looked for Jessica’s boyfriend, Henry. But the guy was nowhere to be seen. After looking a little bit I found him at the back of the anti-goblin raid group dragging Jessica along with him.

Lily went after them, but she was sent back by Jessica because she thought what we were doing was stupid.

Everyone who was going for the raid was gathered up and those who were not going with us were asked to stay back.

Mr. Jacob looked at me, “So what is the plan, Robin?”

I was just planning to go running ahead and fight whatever comes my way, but since they asked for a plan I had to make one up.

“I will be at the front you all follow behind me, your job is to kill whatever gets past me”, I announced my plan to everyone.

One of the students from the group argued, “But that’s not a plan”

I gave him an intimidating look, “What was that?”

“Nothing…”, he said in a low tone.

With the plan decided, we started our raid.

***

We all started running straight toward the goblin settlement. I was at the front with everyone else following behind me.

The goblin guards saw us coming and started alerting everyone. But before they could get into a formation, I was upon their fence.

I swung my staff once and made a huge opening in the wooden fence. There were two small tower-like structures from where goblin archers were shooting arrows.

When I saw the incoming arrows, I started spinning the staff in front of me so fast that it was able to deflect all the arrows which were shot at me.

When I got inside the goblin settlement, tons of goblins were surrounding me, with one massive right swing of the staff, I was able to kill around 5 goblins at once.

*Forest Goblin Lv 1 Killed*

*+50 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Lv 1 Killed*

*+50 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Lv 1 Killed*

*+50 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Warrior Lv 3 Killed*

*+150 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Lv 1 Killed*

*+50 Exp*

But still, everything that I could see in front of me was a green wave of goblins. With every single one of my staff swings, the number got low.

*Forest Goblin Lv 1 Killed*

*+50 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Lv 1 Killed*

*+50 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Lv 1 Killed*

*+50 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Warrior Lv 3 Killed*

*+150 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Lv 1 Killed*

*+50 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Warrior Lv 3 Killed*

*+150 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Warrior Lv 3 Killed*

*+150 Exp*

*Forest Goblin Lv 1 Killed*

*+50 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

*+150 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

*+150 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

*+150 Exp*

*+150 Exp*

*+150 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

*+50 Exp*

I didn’t stop to kill them all and went running straight to where the humans were kept. The remaining goblins could be handled by the group of around 30 people who were following me.

On my way, I made sure to destroy the two goblin towers, which had around 4 goblin archers on them.

*Forest Goblin Archer Killed*

*+150 Exp*

*+150 Exp*

*+150 Exp*

*+150 Exp*

I was making my way to the cages when I saw a massive 10 feet tall green monsters walking toward me.

The guy had a wooden crown-looking thing on his head, a massive animal skin robe on his back, and a giant baseball-like wooden club in his hand.

I checked him with Identification.

*Forest Ogre Lvl 10*

Seeing his home being destroyed, the ogre got angry and made a loud war cry, which was enough to stun everyone in close proximity to him. My willpower was not high enough to resist it completely, and I ended up getting a little dizzy.

After hearing the war cry, all the goblins got even more energized, as if they got some kind of buff. It was good that our group was a little far away from Ogre's war cry range and was able to withstand it with minimal damage.

The Ogre was still not done, In anger, he smashed his club at the ground, the attack was powerful enough to shake the ground, it felt similar to a little earthquake.

Since the two of us were the biggest creatures on the battlefield, the Ogre was able to spot me pretty quickly.

The two of us made eye contact, and all I could see in those blood-red eyes was bloodlust. His rage to kill me and get rid of the invaders was at its peak.

I smirked at the Ogre while pointing my staff towards him, “Let me show you what true strength is.”

10