Chapter 25 – Class Selection
261 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up in a bright room with sunlight coming through the window. Near me were Walter and Lily. They both looked at me with a smile on their faces, “How are you doing dude?”, Walter asked.

I tried moving my body and found everything to be fine, “Yaa, I am fine”.

Walter looked at me confused, “Then what happened to you?”, he asked, pointing at me.

I looked at my body and there it was, I grew more than a foot tall in just one day and had become much bulkier. I was still lying on the ground since Lily and Walter couldn’t pick me up and put me in bed.

I got up and tried to get a sense of my power, it felt like my whole body was meant for unleashing overwhelming power. I felt as if I would crush anything between my palms. My arms were now much longer than before. My skin was also looking a little paler now.

I went to the bathroom to check on myself, and for a moment I was shocked by the golden eyes staring back at me. My skin was indeed a lot paler than before and my bald head now had a head full of neck long brown hair.

Although I still had my humanoid features but I was looking more like a monster now.

Walter walked toward me, “When we came you were passed out, what happened to you anyway?”, he asked while trying his best to look up at my face. After this evolution, Walter was reaching below my chest, so he had to stretch his neck up to look at my face while talking.

I explained to them about evolution and how it all worked.

After hearing my explanation, both of them had shocked looks on their faces.

“You are level 10!”, both of them said out loud at the same time.

After another minute of Walter crying about how it was not fair for me to be level 10 so fast, they went out of my room.

I sat on the bed which was small for me if I wanted to sleep on it. I didn’t just get tall but also got a lot wider, which made my shoulder almost as broad as the width of the queen size bed in my room.

At first, I was not sure if the bed would have been able to carry my weight or not, but the wood was sturdy enough only to make some creaking noises when I sat on it.

I opened my status window to check on the changes after the evolution.

*STATUS*

Name: Robin Vaulter

Level: 10

HP: 1420/1420

MP: 0/0

Exp: 6024/7097

Race: Demi Troll

Class: None

Job: Adventurer

Gold: 70

Skill: Unwavering Body Lvl 1(L), Identification Lvl 1 (C), Power Punch Lvl 2 (C), Staff Mastery Lvl 8 (C), Pain Tolerance Lvl 34(C), Haste Lvl 1 (R), Axe Mastery (C)Lvl 2, Lesser Regeneration(UC) Lvl 60, Minor Strength Boost (UC) Lvl 1, Magic Defense (UC) Lvl 2, Fire Resistance (UC) Lvl 41

*Attributes*

Strength: 76

Vitality: 71

Defense: 36

Agility: 18

Intelligence: 3

Willpower: 7

Wisdom: 0

Luck: 3

*Elements*

Fire Resistance: 41%

Water Resistance: -10%

Free Attribute Points: 5

Free Skill Points: 4

***

Now my race was not Lesser Human anymore it turned into Demi Troll. And there was also a new elements section. Seeing the -10% water resistance made me think about the unable-to-swim trait of the Demi Troll, I didn’t feel like it would be much of a problem, I just had to stay clear of water, and it would be fine.

There was still more to do, I still had to pick my class. I was hoping not to go through the pain which I went through while evolving. I clicked on the class text and a new window similar to the race list popped up.

*Choose Your First Class*

*Warrior*

*50% Exp Boost For Meele-Based Skills*

*Skill: Dash*

*Mage*

*50% Exp Boost For Magic-Based Skills*

*Skill: Mana Bolt*

*Archer*

*50% Exp Boost For Ranged Based Skills*

*Skill: Rapid Shot*

This time the choices were only three, so I immediately chose Warrior without much thought.

*Class: Warrior*

*Skill Learned: Dash (Uncommon) (Active) Lvl 1*

The pain that I was clenching my teeth for never came. There were no other changes other than gaining the new skill.

It was still not noon yet, so I decided to go to the yard and train a little with my staff.

Before going, I put on the last pair of Lenin rugs that I got from Vakhun, now these clothes were too short for me, the pant somehow was wearable, but the shirt was too small, I wasn’t even able to get it through my head.

***

Our house came with a nice big yard, you could easily spar with someone here if you wanted to. The yard was covered with nicely maintained grass and a small 15 feet tall tree.

I took out my black iron staff, which also seemed comparatively much smaller now, earlier it was reaching my face, but now it only got to my chest.

I held the staff and swung it down as perfectly as possible without any wasted movement. The swing didn’t feel right, it was as if I was not in control of the staff after it was swung.

I kept repeating the same downward swing, and with each swing, I felt a little more in control of the weapon. My swings were getting straighter and steadier.

*Staff Mastery Leveled Up*

*Staff Mastery Leveled Up*

Even after leveling up the skill twice, I didn’t stop, it felt like I was getting close to achieving something which I couldn’t point my finger at yet. It was right around the corner, I just had to grasp it.

Just like these 4 hours passed by, I gained another 3 levels in staff mastery over these last four hours. Lily and Walter came by to check on me and went away when they saw me training. Finally, in the evening when the sun was about to set I stopped training, it felt like I was not going to achieve what I was aiming for just by training alone.

*Staff Mastery Leveled Up*

*Staff Mastery Leveled Up*

*Staff Mastery Leveled Up*

I was full of sweat by the time it ended, so I decided to go and take a bath and eat some food.

***

The bathroom surprisingly had a shower but well it was made of bamboo, I was shocked at how all the water pipes were also made of bamboo too.

After taking a bath, I went to the kitchen to cook some chicken that I got from the mall. I tried to just have another chocolate bar and call it a day, but after the evolution, my hunger for meat increased.

To cook the chicken I had to use the fireplace in the kitchen, which was placed below a chimney. There were a few rocks placed surrounding the fireplace. I put the pan on top of the stones, the pan actually came with the house. Luke probably got it made by Vakhun, since the cooking utensils were the only ones that were made of something other than wood in the whole house.

Lily, Walter, and Walter’s parents were not at home at this moment, they went out to the village center. So after I finished my meal I left the home to go check the new upgrades in the village.

The moment I got close to the village center, I could see that the area was nicely illuminated with torches. This was the only area that was bright enough for you to see clearly, other than inside the houses.

Most of the places in the village only had torches that were a little distance away from one another, making it a little hard to see clearly.

In the middle of the village center was a bonfire that had a bunch of people sitting around it.

I saw Lily and Walter amongst the people sitting and having a good time. I wanted to join them, but I decided to first sell the monster corpses at the Adventures Guild, I also had to get the rare robe identified which I got from the Ogre.

9