Chapter 32 – Going Home!
205 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat on the bed and relaxed, and got to the main job.

“Stats Window”, I said out loud.

*STATUS*

Name: Robin Vaulter

Level: 12

HP: 2060/2060

MP: 40/40

Exp: 13813/20508

Race: Demi Troll

Class: Warrior

Job: Adventurer

Gold: 730

Skill: Unwavering Body Lvl 1(L), Identification Lvl 4 (C), Power Punch Lvl 2 (C), Staff Mastery Lvl 13 (C), Pain Tolerance Lvl 34(C), Haste Lvl 1 (R), Axe Mastery (C)Lvl 2, Lesser Regeneration(UC) Lvl 60, Minor Strength Boost (UC) Lvl 1, Magic Defense (UC) Lvl 4, Fire Resistance (UC) Lvl 41, Dash (UC) Lv 1, Mount Control (UC) Lv 5

*Attributes*

Strength: 96

Vitality: 103

Defense: 58

Agility: 24 (+2)

Intelligence: 8

Willpower: 9 (+10)

Wisdom: 2

Luck: 3

*Elements*

Fire Resistance: 41%

Water Resistance: -10%

Cold Resistance: 40%

Free Attribute Points: 5

Free Skill Points: 12

Alright, 12 skill points, time to see how good the legendary skills get at level 2. I clicked on Unwavering Body and Upgraded it.

*Unwavering Body Leveled Up*

I clicked on Unwavering Body to check the info on the upgraded skill.

*Unwavering Body Lvl 2*

*Unwavering Body(Passive Skill): Your body will be able to use 100% of your strength stats without any side effects. +5 Strength +7 Vitality +2 Defense added at every level. Permanent strength boost on slaying a stronger opponent. If health is below 20%, unleash 140% of strength in 20 seconds.*

The bottom part was new. If I could stack Minor Strength Boost with the 140% strength boost, it could turn out to be even more powerful. Although I was expecting that the attribute boost for each level would get higher, but this was not a bad upgrade.

I tried to upgrade it once more to see how many skill points it required.

*Insufficient Skill Point, 98 more skill points needed*

The amount of skill point requirement shocked me, even with 4 skill points at each level it would take me ages to gather up 98 more skill points, and I also had to upgrade by movement-related skills like Haste.

I spent the rest of the day in the house and went to sleep.

***

The next day, I started the day by training with my staff. Walter and Lily were also doing their own training diligently. The training did not result in any level-ups in my Staff Mystery, but I was starting to feel much more in control of the staff with each swing.

After finishing our training, we freshened up and had some food. After this, Lily and Walter made their way to meet up with Liam and went to the Adventures guild to get a new quest. After their constant level-ups, they were strong enough to go on a hunt by themselves, I decided to stay out of it since I had other things in mind.

Right now, with the massive stat boost I had, I was strong enough to travel through the land and go look for my parents. At least I should be okay if I didn’t encounter anything super strong monsters, but I could not wait any longer. Every moment that passed was probably getting my parents close to danger, or maybe they were already dead, which I chose not to believe. There was still hope, and I was ready to put my bet on that.

I had to take care of navigation since my house was a little far from where we currently were. I went to the Merchant Store and bought a map of the 30 km (18 miles) surrounding the village, it cost me 120 gold for this one single map. But it was integrated into the system, so I was able to easily navigate where I was standing on the map and which direction to go.

*-120 Gold*

With this, I was all set for the journey ahead of me. It was still not noon yet the sun still had a very pleasant shine, I started walking by following the directions of the map.

After around an hour of walking, through the massive trees and grass, I could hear the sound of water flowing. As per the map, there was a river in the area. I was not going to swim through the river, since I was incapable of doing so with my dense troll bones.

But I still wanted to check out the river, so I walked closer to the sound of the flowing water.

The river was as beautiful as always, but from time to time there were sudden movements disturbing the peace in the river which was flowing calmly.

I stood there for a second to see what was causing the unrest, after waiting for a few minutes, a ginormous silver carp jumped out of the water. It was probably as big as a shark that I saw clips of on YouTube. It looked around 9 feet long with a wide and large body accompanying it.

Right when the carp jumped out of the river, A large Brown Bear came running from the other side of the river and jumped into the river. The Bear was massive, even larger than the carp, it was probably about 15 feet tall.

Even the deep river was not able to submerge the giant bear completely. Right after the bear jumped into the river, it put its head in the water and pulled out a large chunk of the carp with it.

The crap was flapping around making giant waves it the river, the bear swung its paw at it and held it down on the river surface. After a few minutes of the fish's struggle, the river calmed down again, and the area of the river where the fight went down turned blood-red.

I was not planning on getting into the water, so I decided to turn away and leave the bear alone. But the moment I took a step back, I heard a massive growl from the back.

The bear stared at me with eyes full of bloodlust and growled at the top of its lungs. The growl was loud enough to leave a beep sound in my ears.

The bear charged at me, easily crossing the river without even swimming. It was large enough to easily walk on the surface of the river while keeping its head above the water.

The moment it crossed the river and got close enough for me to use identification on it, I used it immediately.

*Red Wood Bear Lvl 14*

I took out my stuff and got ready to defend the oncoming attack, the bear didn’t stop for a second and came running straight toward me. When it got close, it swung its massive paw at me. I was ready for the attack and swung my staff to meet the oncoming paw. With one collision, I was left stunned by the amount of power that the bear delivered.

If I was not holding onto the staff with every single ounce of my strength, it would have flown away from my hands. I was shocked since the Tree Spirit that I fought earlier was also level 14, but it was much weaker than the bear in terms of strength. I was thinking it would have been easy for me to deal with anything under level 20, but the difference in the power between the monsters had me confused.

The bear caught me off guard and swung his other paw right toward my head. I applied all the force I had on my quads and jumped back as quickly as I could, but the bear's massive claws ripped through my chest, breaking through a few ribs and stopping only a few inches away from puncturing my lungs.

*-540 HP*

*Pain Tolerance Level Up*

With my level 60 Lesser Regeneration, my wounds were closing up at a very rapid rate. I looked at the bear, “You are a big boy aren’t you, How about becoming my ride?”

I was just talking to myself, but the bear got furious as if it could understand what I just said.

8