Chapter 33 – A Mount!
349 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It charged at me like it had gone senile, instead of another paw swing, which I was expecting, didn’t come. Instead, the bear opened its mouth and was aiming to bite my head off.

The mouth of the bear was big enough to swallow a child whole, I swung my staff at the bear's face, and the full force of my staff left the bear dazed, and it stood there for a second trying to get a hold of itself.

Getting a chance, I jumped on top of the bear's back and grabbed tightly onto the fur on the bear's neck. It started to jump around, trying its best to get rid of me. It tried its best to turn his neck and bite me but his neck fell short.

In the wrestle between me and the bear, the surrounding fauna was getting the full brunt. The bear was charging into trees, trying to make me fall off his back. But it only resulted in the trees breaking down.

This went on for 2 hours, after which the bear was too exhausted even to move and fell down on the ground. At that moment, I got off his back and walked toward his face.

The bear tried his best to get up and fight, but it fell back due to exhaustion.

I looked at the bear's resilient eyes, they still were full of anger and bloodlust, “How about now, you want to be my ride buddy?”

The bear kept lying on the ground, but still tried to swing his paws at me. The guy was indeed very strong-willed, I took out some wolf meat from my inventory, to see the bear's reaction to the food.

Seeing the meat, reduced the anger and bloodlust from the bear's eyes. He was totally exhausted and hungry, wherever I moved the meat, the bear's eyes moved with it.

I threw the meat to the bear, and it swallowed it whole instantly. Seeing that he liked the food, I took out another piece of wolf meat from the inventory, and this time instead of throwing it at him, I moved closer to feed it with my hands.

The bear snarled at me, bearing its sharp fangs. I took it slow and moved in with a single step at a time. When I was close enough, I made sure to keep the wolf meat in front of me, the meat was now very close to the bear's mouth. The bear stretched his neck and gulped it down.

After having the meat he was not snarling at me anymore, but instead of that, he had a look on his face, that almost looked like he was demanding more food.

I looked at the bear, “If you become my mount, you can have all food you want.”

After saying that, I took out around 100 kg (220 lbs) of wolf meat in front of the bear. The bear opened its eyes wide open and dug straight into the mountain of meat.

After finishing his meal, the bear turned towards me and licked my face, his tongue was as big as my face, and drenched me with saliva, all the way from the head to my chest.

It was shocking to see such a ferocious monster acting in such a manner. The same beast was running around mad to kill me an hour ago, and now it was treating me like I was everything to him.

*Skill Learned: Monster Taming Lvl 1 (Uncommon)*

The moment I saw the Monster Taming skill, I got butterflies in my stomach. This means more pets and mounts, “AHAHAHAHAHAHAA”

*Monster Taming Lvl 1 (Uncommon)*

*40% chance to tame a monster below level 10.*

What the hell is even that, what do you mean 40% chance to tame a monster below level 10? I just tamed a level 14 bear.

Without paying much attention to the skill anymore, I jumped on the back of the bear. This time it didn’t try to throw me off. I tried to use Identification on it again, to see if there were any changes.

*Pet*

Name: None

Race: Red Wood Bear

Level: 14

Sex: Male

Stat: Happy

Skills: Paw Swing Lv 32 (C), Minor Regeneration Lv 12(UC), Minor Strength Boost Lvl 15 (UC), Hercules Strength Lv 26 (R)

The guy was stacked with powerful skills, he even had a rare skill on him. I check his name, which was showing none. Upon clicking it, a window popped out to name the bear.

I was really not that great at naming, so without wasting much time and spending too much time overthinking about it I decided to name him whatever came to my mind immediately.

Razer, yes, Razer is a great name. The moment I thought about it, the name Razer got entered into the name section automatically.

Razer shook his head and wiggled its body a bit as if saying he was happy with the name.

I finally had a mount, It was a dream come true. “God, I love you”, I said, looking toward the sky. Being on top of Razer the 15 feet tall Bear was a surreal feeling. His body was massive and his fur soft, making it very comfy to sit on. I gave him some simple commands, which he followed with ease.

The moment he stood up on his two feet when I told him to stand up. I completely forgot that this monstrous creature was about to kill me a moment ago. Now he was acting more like a dog.

With Razer the journey became even easier for me, he was not very fast, but I was able to sit back and relax while still making progress.

After around 30 minutes, I was in the general vicinity of where my house was supposed to be. But now this place was a forest, I could not find anything other than trees as far as I could see.

I got off Razer’s back and started looking around, with Razer following behind me. We spent hours searching through the area without finding any clue at all. It was starting to get dark, so I decided to stop the search for today and found an open area to put on a campfire.

The fire might have attracted predators, but my Demi Trool eyes gave me great vision even at night. I was not very worried about it and started to strike two rocks together to make some fire.

I actually had a lighter that I got from the military base but I still wanted to see how making fire with rocks actually worked. In the first attempt, I completely crushed the rocks making a huge spark of fire, but I was not even able to place it on the pieces of dried grass that I gathered.

On the second attempt, I made sure to do it as lightly as possible, this time the strength was perfect, and I got a good spark, which fell on the dried grass and ignited a small fire.

In no time I had a very well-lit campfire, above which I put some wolf meat, it was going to take some time to cook the meat thoroughly. Seeing the meat Razer was already drolling.

The guy just ate around 100 kg of wolf meat at noon, I had no idea how he was even able to have an appetite for more. I took out some more meat and threw it towards him, which he started munching on instantly.

I was sitting leaning back at Razer's back and stared at the burning fire. The sound of the wolf meat’s oil sizzling was like music to my ear, the aroma was getting stronger every second.

After the meat was done, I ate it and again leaned back at Razer back and went to sleep.

5