Chapter 34 – Lost & Found
167 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up a little before dawn, the sun was still not visible yet. The forest was echoing with the sound of birds chirping. Seeing me get up, Razer also got up and stretched his body.

I took some water out of my inventory and washed my face, after which I ate some wolf meat. As for Razer he went somewhere alone and brought back a deer, it was the same as the deer on earth but its antlers were shiny, it was as if they were made of metal. Plus the size as with everything else in this new world was massive. The Deer was double the size of an average deer from before.

After we were done, we continued our search, using the map I was able to navigate easily but I was still not able to find a single clue about my parents. Any low leveled monsters we saw ran away as soon as they saw me and Razer approaching.

Our search went on for hours, it was noon now and the sun was shining bright in the sky. I was not ready to accept defeat and believe my parents to be lost without even finding solid evidence of it. Just then I saw something which looked like a silhouette of a human in the distance.

Both Razer and I rushed toward it, getting closer I could clearly see that it was a person, a man probably in his forties. It looked like he was gathering some kind of plants. Razer running toward him caused a noise loud enough to be compared to an earthquake, hearing this the person turned back and when he saw us rushing toward him, he was so shocked that he left whatever he was doing and ran for his life.

The guy was screaming, “SAVE ME! SAVE ME!” at the top of his lungs while running like crazy. But he was not able to outrun the giant level 14 bear. When we caught up to him, the man fell down on the ground, his eyes were starting to water, and he was crawling back to the best of his ability.

Seeing his condition, I tried to put on a smile to calm him down a little.

“Hey”, I said while sitting on top of Razer’s back.

The man’s eyes were red, and his nose was dripping with snot. He looked at me in surprise, but he was still very confused. He stopped crawling back and just stayed there stunned for a second, trying to analyze what was going on.

I jumped down from Razer’s back and walked towards him, this startled him and he crawled back a little. I stopped right in front of him and gave him my hand to help him get up, “Don’t worry, I am not here to kill you.”

He still looked hesitant but somehow got the courage to put his hands on mine for support. His hand was not even half as mine, my palm alone was big enough as his hand.

The guy was still not calm, it took me a lot of time to make him understand that I am also a human, well kind of. I also told him how I was looking for my parents, after hearing this he told me that there was a village nearby and most of the survivors were in there. He was also apparently from that village. In the end, he was ready to take me to the village that he was talking about.

I asked the man to climb on top of Razer to make the journey faster, but he was too scared to even get close to Razer. It took us around half an hour to reach the village. This village was the same as Orilon village, at least from far it was looking exactly the same. The walls and the massive Adventurer guild were almost identical.

The difference lay in the placement of a few buildings, like the blacksmith and the other shops. When I reached the gate, a lot of people gathered up and blocked my path, some were ready with their weapons held tight.

The man that I came with walked forwards and started explaining what was going on before the situation got out of hand. Even after listening to him, some of the people in the village were still not happy and still held a hostile look toward me.

At last one person came out from their group, “You can’t come into the village, please go away”

I was starting to get angry with all their talking, I started walking straight inside the gate, “Why don’t you try and stop me?”

One guy came running with a sword in his hand, I was about to punch the guy and kill him instantly, but I heard someone calling my name.

“Robin”

“Robin”

I recognized that voice, I was never going to forget that voice. I looked toward where the sound was coming from and saw my Mother standing behind the crowd. Seeing her there instantly filled me up with joy, I was starting to believe that I was not going to see her again, but here she was.

While I was distracted by that, the guy with the swords successfully landed a hit. But the moment the sword hit my abdomen it was stuck on my abdomen muscles, it was not able to cut through my muscles at all.

Seeing this, Razer who was standing at the back, did a loud angry roar. This stunned everyone, some even peed their pants. I looked at Razer, upon which Razer instantly sat down without making any more sound.

I ignored the guy who stabbed me and walked toward my mother. She was a little terrified by Razer's roar, but the moment I got close to her, she grabbed me with her arms, hugging me. Although she was not able to wrap her arms around me, but she grabbed onto me tightly for a few seconds. When she let go, I could see tears falling down her eyes, but she had a happy smile on her face.

I looked around, searching for my Father, but did not see him. I looked at my Mother and asked, “Mother, where is Father?”

She got silent for a second, it was looking like she was trying her best to hold onto her tears, “Son, your father is no more…”

Hearing this made me feel like a mountain was weighing down on me, I was barely holding onto myself. But looking at my mother's face, who was trying her best to put a straight face in front of me, I took a deep breath and tried to surpass my emotions.

After that, we left the village immediately without saying a single word to anyone. I was feeling like ripping the guy apart who dared to attack me with the sword, but I didn’t want my mother to witness another bloody scene. And since this village gave shelter to her, not killing them was like a thank you from me.

Mother was a little hesitant about getting on top of Razer’s back, but after much convincing, she decided to trust me and got on top of Razer’s back with my help. The journey back was smooth without any hiccups. Since I already knew the way to Orilon village, it only took us only 3 hours to get back to the village.

1