NINE
567 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

'Why is this man in here!? Does Rahu know him?' I continued to stare at the man in horror until finally, Rahu decided to talk. He pulled me slightly and hid to his back. 

"I see you still like to joke around, eldest Prince. But I believe this celebration does not welcome you." Rahu said to the man. I was shocked to hear he's a Prince as well, so he is Rahu's brother. Older brother to be exact. I remained hiding against Rahu's back, it seems like their relationship isn't good. 

'Does that mean Amir Sahib was just trying to mess with me to annoy Rahu?' It is a possibility.

"Well, I came because you're hiding my mate from me." Amir Sahib declared, I felt Rahu tensed up. I could feel the dangerous air around them as they converse. Although, each of them sounded calm. It is obvious they're almost at each other's throat. Just one little push and a fight might really really between the two as I see it. Just what kind of brotherly relationship they had that they ended like this with each other?

"What are you talking about, eldest Prince!? Isn't that your mate you're already with?" Rahu said gravelly, I peeked at the person beside Amir Sahib and I couldn't help but be mesmerized by her beauty. A woman with obvious foreign blood in her veins, with her striking ocean blue eyes and pale skin, with a woman like her beside him, how could Amir Sahib still address him as his mate?

"Come on, Shaheen. We both know who we're talking about!" Amir Sahib laughs and then he shifted to the side to peek at me. "It is Gabby what I am talking about." He said and my eyes immediately went wide for the second time. Rahu, on the other hand, growled fiercely at the mention of my nickname. It almost sounds like his Alpha persona was coming out.

"Don't you dare speak of my Queen's name so easily!!" Rahu softly growled, considering they have people in the hall looking at them. It was no secret in the Palace that the eldest son from the first concubine and eldest son from the Queen consort, didn't have a good relationship.

Fortunately, before anything could happen between the brothers. The Queen quickly approached and stood in between them holding Rahu's shoulder.

"Shaheen, as the crowned Prince and future King of this country, you must remain calm and remember your place in the palace." The Queen reminded before elegantly shifting her gaze to Amir Sahib. "Eldest Prince Amir Sahib, Please refrain yourself from making trouble here. This is your younger brother's welcome celebration after 2 months of absence. It will bring the King great humiliation if the two of you fought here." The Queen whispered calmly and it quickly pacified Amir Sahib. He then disrespectfully snorted and turns around, leaving with his partner.

"Gabriel, will you please lead Shaheen to the bedchamber for now? I am both excusing you. Don't worry about the guests, I will handle them." The Queen requested. Although I'm still confused at what was happening, I quickly complied and held Rahu's hand and dragged him away from the hall.

We slowly trailed the way back without meeting any delay. Rahu and I remained silent until we arrived at our room. It was not until both of us sat on the bed that I faced Rahu and finally broke the ice.

"Can you please explain to me what is happening? Why does your older brother keeps calling me his mate?" I asked calmly. I waited for Rahu to answer but none came, he avoided my eyes and quickly stood up walking towards the jars of liquor at the far side of the massive room.

"Why won't you answer me? Is there something you weren't telling me?" I asked following Rahu while he poured himself a glass. I stared straight to Rahu's eyes, I held both his arms so he would face me properly and I immediately knew he was guilty of something.

*sighs* "Even if he's truly my fated pair,  I would not leave you for it!! How low did you think my feeling for you was? Or you realized it's impossible after all?" I burst guessing what Rahu might have been hesitating to say. Honestly, he didn't need to say it. I've been denying it since I saw Amir Sahib then, but I can feel we're fated. I knew because the moment I saw him, I knew I was drawn to him. It's like I've known him. Like my soul had known him.

Not to mention my heat suddenly came when he was around me. And he could smell it despite Rahu marking me as his. But all that doesn't matter now because Rahu was the one I love. Being fated to someone doesn't mean I need to be with him.

"No. No. That's not what I mean, my Queen. Just..." Rahu said but didn't finish. I frowned at him in slight irritation.

"Just what?" I asked frowning. My patience getting thinner at his silence. I slightly pushed Rahu and glare at him.

"Just what? Ha? What? If it wasn't that then what is it?" I yelled and punched Rahu's shoulder. I never knew being not trusted by the person you love would hurt so much. I kept throwing punches at Rahu's arms until I didn't know I was crying. Just why won't he just tell me what he's so worried about? It's so frustrating.

"What ha?? Just because he's claiming that I'm his mate that now you're planning to leave me? You don't want me anymore? After you marked me so many times. Made love with me so many times, all your promises! You're gonna leave just like that!!!?" I yelled crying. It alarmed Rahu and he quickly hugged me, stopping my soft punches.

"Please! Please! Calm down. I'm not thinking of leaving you in the slightest. What have been running in that pretty little head of yours? Why would I leave you?  Why would you think of something so absurd? Please, My Queen. Stop crying. I don't want you crying." Rahu begged and hugged me. I sobbed. Hearing his words I slightly calmed down. Glad that he wasn't thinking of leaving me.

"Then what? What are you so afraid of? I'm not gonna leave, I promise. I love you, Rahu. I won't exchange you for anyone in this world." I said as I sobbed. Rahu whispered the words "I know. I know. Please don't cry." soothingly as he swayed our body together.

"I was indeed afraid you would leave now that you know he's your true pair, but there is something else I have not told you, I'm afraid that once I tell you this, you would hate me forever," Rahu said cooing. I pulled away from our embrace slightly. I wiped off my tears and stared at Rahu in confusion.

"Whatever it is, I will never hate Rahu," I assured but Rahu shook his head in doubt.

"I know you love me my Queen, and I love you so dearly that I did what I did. But there is a high possibility you would hate me if you discover the truth."  Rahu said and I shake my head this time.

"I won't. No matter what it is." I assured. Rahu smiled and didn't say anything. It got me confused and slightly annoyed again so I hugged him, my head facing up.

"Did you accidentally killed my father that's why he suddenly didn't show his face to dad? I won't hate you if that was the case, I promise. I don't know him anyway so it's okay, Rahu." I said almost begging. In the books that I've read before, the twist was always like this so I thought this was the case between us. Aside from this, I can't think of anything else.

*laughs* "Silly. I didn't kill your father. I was still a toddler when your father left your dad. How could I kill him then?" Rahu said pinching my nose hearing my wild guess.

"Okay. But in any case, I won't hate you no matter what. It didn't really matter if you tell me or not, Rahu. I just want to stay like this with you forever. Marry you and bear you as many children as you like. Be happy with you until we grow old and our kids having their own family. Isn't that enough?" 

"The problem is within me, my Love. When the time has come. When I am confident enough to tell you. As my Queen, you will need to know the truth, or else my guilt will haunt me forever. No matter what your decision after that, I will not stop you. Just remember that I love you and always will be waiting."

"Don't go sounding as if I'm really leaving you! I already told I won't!"  I said and jumped to Rahu's arms which he immediately caught me lifting me in the air. He walked to our bed carrying me until we both fell on top of it. 

"Hmm, I will keep that in mind, but that aside. You said you'd bear me as many children as I like. Are you sure about that? Last time you said that too, just how many do you think is 'as many' mean?" Rahu asked dangerously. His hand swiftly untied the turban on my head along with its veil.

"W-well, I-I'm thinking of three kids?" I suggested nervously. I blushed when Rahu started unbuttoning my dress.

"Three? You must know I'm thinking of surpassing the King." Rahu mentioned and my eyes went wide in disbelief. Surpassing his father? Even his father who had three wives only had seven children. And the Queen only birth two princes, how could I surpass that?

"S-surpassin--- Are freakin crazy? I can't birth to more than seven kids!" I said in horror halting Rahu from helping me strip off my attire.

*laughs* "But based on research, 80 percent of the Omega population had given birth at least 7 times in their lifetime. Currently, the record was at 13  children from one Omega alone." Rahu explained and I can't help but pushed him away from me. It is true that Omegas are highly fertile than Betas while the Alphas are the opposite of Omegas. There are not too many Omegas in the world and so it is easy to monitor their population.

Since all Omegas have regular check-ups, it's easy to find records of the overall situation of Omegas. And based on that results, Omegas are the number one population who had given birth more that once, especially those who are married or have a partner. That's just the norm in this world.

"I can't! I just can't, that's impossible even for me." I said and wondered what will happen to me if I indeed ended up giving birth to more than seven kids.

"Hey, Hey. Don't worry, I'm sure you can do it." Rahu cooed and playful at the same time.

"Easy for you to say! You're not the one going to give birth! Besides, why do you want so many children!?" I yelled upset.

*laughs* "It's because I want to prove to the King that a King didn't need to have many wives to birth many kids. I'll show him that one Queen is enough." Rahu explained. If he said it that way, how can I refuse? It's a royal tradition to birth as many future heirs as possible, to keep the line going and so having concubine was ideal.

"That my love for one person alone will bless me as many heirs until they're satisfied. Unlike him who gave up the Queen and focused his attention to a concubine." Rahu added and it finally pacified me. My cheeks turned into a pinkish hue making Rahu chuckle pulling me towards him.

"I-If you say it l-like that. How can I say no!?" I stuttered.

"But if you really insist only having three, then I will abide. Your comfort is my top priority." Rahu assured. I remained silent for a bit before I faced him.

"Rahu, I-I don't know if my body can give birth to seven kids but, I-I'll try. Just d-don't be like your father, Okay?" I begged. If I can't satisfy the palace, I'm afraid Rahu will be forced to take in a concubine. I don't want that. I have no plan of sharing Rahu to anyone.

"Even if we only end up with one, I would never become like him. I'm swearing it to the stones."

* * *

END OF CHAPTER NINE.

6