SEVENTEEN
268 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

“Alex? Why are you here? Where’s Gabby?” Bea asked with a frown. After finally getting out of the cave, she and Ken decided to wait at the exit in case the two would catch up. The reception was bad so even if she wanted to call Gabby to know what the situation was, she just couldn’t. From Alex to the exit of the cave, Bea’s eyes were a little expectant but after a few seconds and later a minute, no Gabby was walking out of there after Alex.

“Gabriel? I thought he was with you all this time?” Confused, Alex approached the two and said.

“He’s not obviously, he came back to get you. You went missing so he went to look for you. Didn’t you see him?” Bea said again, his frown becoming deeper and deeper. She had a bad feeling about this.

“What? I never went missing. I was with you all this time, what are you talking about?” Alex defended before he sat at the nearest rock to catch his breath. There was no sign of concern on his face, his earlier timid and pitiful personality was non longer there. It’s as if the Alex they’re facing now was a different person. Also what was he saying he was with them all this time? Why was he lying through his teeth, he was definitely not with them.

Noticing Alex suspicious behavior, Bea frowned in displease. She heard before there was an Omega in the accounting department that caused huge ruckus at the University two years ago. Apparently, this Omega had a weird hobby. He despises people who are in a happy relationship and in order to ruin that, he likes seducing men or making their partner’s life miserable as possible.

The first time Gabby introduced Alex to them earlier, Bea thought the name was familiar. Now that this had happened, she was sure that rumored Omega was Alex Smith, his name was pretty common so it sounded familiar and easy to remember.

“If you were with us then you should have gone out the same time with us. What the fuck did you do to Gabby?” Suddenly snapping, Bea rushed up to Alex and grabbed his color. Alex and Bea were at the same height but due to Bea’s physical psychic, she easily overpowered Alex, almost lifting him up.

“Why are you blaming me so suddenly? I don’t fucking know what you’re talking about. If he’s lost then that’s his fault for being so stupid,” Alex said sharply and successfully pushed Bea away.

Knowing that it was not right to quickly judge Alex but hearing the remark from the Omega, Bea instantly snapped. Gabby has the habit to trust people too easily, he wasn’t the kind to hold his guard up when he met new people unless he was warned to do so that’s why he’s so easy to manipulate. Alex must have planned this from the very beginning due to the recent rumors about Gabby being the fated pair of Prince Sahib. What’s so scary about this is Alex doesn’t even have a reason to do this, as long as he feels like it, he just does what he wants.

Bea glared at Alex and within a second, her hand rushed towards Alex’s unblemished cheeks and soon slapped surface red catching him off guard as he blinked in disbelief. The slap was too strong it’s almost as if the sound echoed in his ears. 

At the same time, surprised at the sudden attack, Ken quickly holds Bea in case she tries to strike again. Although a woman, Bea is a black belter, if she wants to attack Alex, it would be as easy as breaking a toothpick. Bea had always had a short temper but this was the first time he saw her slapped an Omega.

Meanwhile, still touching his cheeks feeling the stinging pain, Alex couldn’t say ant\ything, he was too stunned. Not knowing what to do, he glared at Bea. If looks could kill, Bea would have been dead by now. Alex had never been slapped for the things he had done before, whatever he did he was always forgiven. He never felt the need to apologize because it was that other person’s fault for annoying him.

Besides, it’s not that Gabriel Ferns was going to die. The staff said before they went exploring that all paths have exits. If a person lost just continued to walk, he will eventually find his way out.

Anyway, who said someone as insignificant as Gabriel Ferns could become a Prince fated pair? He doesn’t believe such lies. Gabriel Ferns was being too cocky because of the rumors, just because people said he was Prince Sahib’s pair he was acting as if he was someone special. And even if it was true, it’s not like the Prince would really take him and make him his partner. Gabriel Ferns was not special at all and he was here to make him see that.

“If anything happens to Gabby, that’s not the only thing you’ll receive from me,” Bea said as she struggled out of Ken’s hold before she walked away. Actually, she wasn’t fond of slapping someone on the face especially an Omega so of course it also made her feel bad that she had to slap Alex like that without hearing his explanation but she also couldn’t help but get mad because she knew Alex was lying. At least if he was going to lie, he should have thought of a better alibi.

“I don’t know what really happened. I also don’t know if this was your doing or not but if it was, I could say almost the same as Bea,” Ken said, looking at Alex who’s now about to cry. He looked like he was wronged, Ken felt pity but the thought of Gabby getting lost inside such a dark and cold place made his heart harden especially when he thought that this might be Alex’s doing. Ken was kind but choosing between Alex and Gabby, of course he would choose Gabby without a second thought.

“I-I didn’t do anything wrong,” Alex said, chewing on his lower lips thinking Ken would pity him but to no avail, Ken also left, leaving him alone still holding on to his cheeks.

* * *

“Alex?” I called as I walked aimlessly trailing the cave path. I tried to look around each intersection I passed however no Alex had ever replied. I have been walking for almost two hours now but I still couldn’t find Alex or the exit. If I remembered it correctly, the staff told us earlier that all paths eventually lead to an exit. I made sure I wasn’t turning so I could avoid going round and round and getting lost even more, but for two hours I feel like I’m getting more and more lost. Hopefully unlike me, Alex finds the exit and joins in with Ken and Bea. By then they could work together to find me by asking for professional help.

“Ha!” I sighed and halted. My feet hurt and I’m exhausted. When am I going to escape this dark cave? It’s not that I’m afraid of the dark but when I’m alone and cold like this, I just can’t help but feel scared. Additionally, I also don’t know when I will encounter a snake or any poisonous creatures in the cave. My mind also keeps thinking what if it would take days for me to get out of here? Will I survive by then?

“Those two will surely get worried and rescue me and Alex. All I can do now is to do my best to help myself. I’ve been missing for 2 hours, I won’t be surprised if everyone is panicking looking for me and Alex” I mumbled to myself, trying to ease my own mind. So far, I haven’t encountered any dangers except that the cave was dark and slippery.

Resuming my walk, I continued going straight despite the path getting steeper and steeper. The wet and sharp rocks scratched me a little but I could care less at that minor detail. I need to get out of here soon. My eyes are getting used to the dark and I admit that made me alarmed because that means I’ve been in here for too long for my own good.

“Ahhh!” Suddenly squealing, I found myself slipping on one of the slippery rocks and twisted my ankle. My palms and knees also didn’t escape as I used it to support my falling self.

“Ahh great. Now I’ve done it,” I scolded myself, seeing my bleeding palms and knees as I flashed the flashlight on it, not to mention the excruciating pain I’m feeling on my right leg. Dammit, I wanted to at least act strong but knowing that I look extremely helpless at this moment my tears just wouldn’t stop flowing down.

“*Sobs* I never liked exploring from the beginning,*Sobs*” I mumbled to myself, crying.

“*Sobs* W-why does this have to happen to me?*Sobs*” I whined between my sobs. I know I’m being overly too dramatic but being alone in a cold dark place, I deserved to at least complain a little. I know it was my fault why I’m lost right now, I should’ve thought of something before rushing into an unknown path, but at this moment I just want to cry.. And now that I’ve thought about it, maybe Alex never even went this way. Or maybe I'm the only one that’s lost.

“Wahhh, Rahu save me!” I whine again. I miss Rahu so much, I wanna be with him right now, I want him to hug me and whisper sweet nothings against my ears as I sleep against his chest. I should’ve just told him to come when he offered earlier. Maybe if he did, I wouldn’t have decided to explore this cave with Ken, Bea, and Alex since I would be too excited for him to come.

“*Sniffles* Ah, I shouldn’t be like this. *Sniffles* I’m relying too much on Rahu again,*Sniffle*” I said to myself as I wiped my tears. Crying won’t get me anywhere, even if there are people looking for me now, I will never be found if I stay in this steep area.

Despite the excruciating pain, I forced myself to stand holding on to the rocks for my support. I walked for about 15 minutes until I found a small hollow place. Since I’m still bleeding, not to mention cold and exhausted, I quickly decided to stay there. I checked the whole area first if there were snakes, scorpions, or any other dangerous creatures and when I found none, I was finally able to relax.

I quickly tended my own wounds, especially the deep ones. I washed it with a little bit of water that I have and soon wrapped it with cloth that I reaped from my now slightly dry clothes. And since no one’s going to watch anyway, I took the chance to change my damp clothes into my dry ones. I was supposed to change into it after swimming earlier but decided not to after we planned to explore the cave.

“Damn, I’m dry now but I still feel cold,” I mumbled, my body suddenly shivered as I hugged my backpack, that’s the only one giving me a little warmth. Holding my flashlight and cell phone close to me thinking maybe the damn device would suddenly catch a decent signal so I could call for help, I leaned my head against the rock feeling drowsy.

It’s already 8pm in the evening. Will I have to spend the rest of the night here in the cave? 

* * *

END OF CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.

3