TWENTY-THREE
148 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

I groaned in discomfort as I couldn't feel one of my feet. And that was enough to catch everyone's attention and quickly neared my bed.

"Oh, thank Goodness! My Baby, do you feel pain anywhere?'' The first one to ask was Dad with a worried expression and then followed by Bea and Ken. I tried to look around to find Rahu but unfortunately, he wasn't around. He must have had something important he needed to handle. After all, he was already busy when I left for the camp but he still went ahead and personally rescued me.

"I-I'm okay, I just can't feel my foot," I replied with a hoarse voice before I tried to clear it out. Seeing this, Kent was quick to act and went ahead to get me a glass of water after telling me.

"Thank you," I said after I got the water and drank immediately. Thankfully, after I had the water, my throat felt a lot better and I thanked Kent again for that to which he replied with a simple brotherly smile.

"Are you really okay, my Baby? Nothing hurts anymore?" Dad asked again, and this time sat on my hospital bed. I looked at Dad with a faint smile and nodded again. I must have given him much worry, he's already about to cry.

"Nothing at all. I'm really fine, Daddy... Well, actually... I feel a little hungry...scratch that, I'm famished." I said, chuckling. I feel like I haven't eaten for days which was kinda true because I've been in the cave for almost two days. I haven't eaten anything since at the camp and I don't know for how long I was asleep.

"I'll go buy you food. You can eat fruits till I come back." Bea suddenly volunteered.

"Then I'll come with you." Kent also said. I watch the two leave the room but for some reason, I feel like the atmosphere was off. Did something happen when I was unconscious?

"Dad, did something happen? Bea's suspiciously nice, normally she would jump and scold me." I asked while Dad helped me sit up. He put a pillow behind my back and he only smiled at me not answering as he proceeded to walk to the table where I found the fruits were.

"For how long was I asleep and where's Rahu?" I asked again, feeling confused. Thankfully this time, Dad faced me and answered.

"You were asleep for three whole days after you were rescued. As for the Prince, he went out to pick up the King and the Queen. They've come to visit you." Dad replied and I was surprised that I was out for three whole days to the point that the King and Queen had to come and visit me.

"Ahh, they really didn't need to come. I'm fine." I mumbled pouting, watching Dad slicing apples for me. When dad heard what I said, his hands stopped moving briefly but continued without saying anything. After he finished slicing two apples, he brought it to me on a plate before he sighed and looked at me picking one and immediately brought it to my mouth.

I stared at Dad confused and I knew something was going on because he looked worried about something. I was about to ask Dad again if there was something wrong when I heard him say something I never expected to happen so soon in my life.

"You're pregnant," Dad mentioned with a sigh and I just looked at him confused as if he wasn't talking to me when in fact he was.

"It's still four weeks old. That's why the King and the Queen are coming. They wanted you to marry Prince Shaheen as soon as possible and proceed to the coronation." Dad explained and I was just there looking at him and eating my apples as if I was not the one he was talking about.

"Gabriel Ferns, are you listening?" Dad asked with a frown, unable to read my expression. Well, first of all, I just woke up and found out I was 4 weeks pregnant. And second of all, they want to proceed to the coronation? I thought Rahu needed to graduate and finish his royal training before he could get the crown. Anyway, back to the first issue here. I'm freaking pregnant!

"Hmn... I am... I-I'm just shocked." I said. I mean, Rahu and I do love having sex, in fact, we do it every chance we have 'cause we simply couldn't resist each other but I was expecting my contraceptives were working well for me. In the end, it was not and I have nothing to complain about because I did enjoy those times. Also, Rahu is my bonded pair, it didn't feel wrong in my heart knowing that I have gotten pregnant earlier than planned. Oh but I bet, Rahu jumped in joy when he learned I was.

"Daddy, are you disappointed?" I asked this time, reaching out to Dad's arm. So this was why he looked so worried. He didn't want me to become like him who became a parent at an early age.

"I am... I never failed to remind you about these things but it's here now. I still love you and my future grandchild. I was just hoping that you'd be my baby a little longer." Dad replied and caressed my cheeks.

"I'm still your one and only baby even if I have my own," I said pouting, pulling his arm lightly.

"No. Not anymore. When you have your own child, you're all grown up. I cannot allow myself to treat you like a baby anymore." Dad replied, pulling my arms away as he stood.

"Dad, you're so mean~"

"Yes, I am. But I still love you." Dad said again. I continued to pout but in the end, I giggled knowing he could never resist me-- his only son.

"I love you too, Daddy. And I'm sorry for worrying and disappointing you." I replied with a soft smile. When Dad heard me, I noticed his brief pause before he turned around avoiding my gaze and I knew he's already starting to cry. Dad has always been a cry baby, he may have looked like he was fine but I knew he had been worried sick about me. From going missing inside a cave, staying in the hospital for three whole days, and now finding out that I was pregnant. All of this must've caused him so much stress but just didn't want to show me like he always did when he's having a hard time.

"Are you crying?" I asked, even though I know that he was.

"No. I just had something in my eyes. Anyway, go finish your apples. I need to do something in the toilet." He said and quickly dashed to the toilet room where I knew he's going to cry harder and I sighed at that.

Left alone in the room, I munched on my apples as my mind drifted somewhere. But one thing was for sure, I am pregnant. I really am pregnant. I am pregnant with Rahu's baby, meaning the future Prince or Princess. My eyes strayed on my stomach and curiously I rubbed it softly.

"Do I really have a baby inside me right now?" I asked myself, gently pressing on my flat belly thinking maybe I could feel the baby if I did even though I knew that's not how you do it. I accepted reality pretty easily but I'm still very much surprised to learn that I am pregnant. Four weeks old? That's about the time when Rahu and I visited Mizrahil. I was in heat but we were separated the whole day so, during the evening gathering, we secretly did it in the garden. Rahu cummed inside me a lot that night and the next day—not that he didn't every time.— He always cum inside. It's like his ultimate goal to do so.

"I still can't believe this," I mumbled to myself. I'm a little scared surely like every first-time mommy out there but I am also happy.

"Ah~ I want to see Rahu right now~" I whined frustratingly, munching still on my fruits when suddenly the door to my room opened and soon Rahu walked in wearing his country's traditional clothes. It is clothing that is greatly influenced by Islam but was modified to fit the modern age and their unique and mysterious country. I only ever see Rahu wear this clothing at special events and when he's around the King.

As expected, right after Rahu came in, the King and the Queen walked in next in similar clothing but unlike Rahu's, which was only mostly white with a little pattern of blacks and golds on the chest area; the King and the Queen were both wearing blacks with gold and silver pattern.

"My Love, have you finally woken up?" Rahu exclaimed as soon as he noticed my curious eyes on him. The brief bored eyes he had just now quickly melted as they turned soft and loving. Rahu hastily marched towards me leaving his parents and instantly gave me a hug which I loved so much. I was just looking for him and now he's here.

"Yeah, I just woke up actually..." I replied happily and giggled as he showered me with kisses. I just knew how happy he was knowing that we're finally having our own child.

"Thank goodness. Are you feeling fine? Any pain you're feeling? You must have been hungry, I will call someone to prepare you the best meal ever," Rahu said almost in a hurry and I just giggled again. He's mind's completely on me now and he didn't even bother telling me that his parents were there so I only shook my head and said I was fine before looking at his back where the King and the Queen standing, waiting patiently for us.

"Oh, I'm sorry. His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen are here to visit you." Rahu finally said and I nodded in respect to the two.

"Thank you so much for visiting me despite your busy schedule, Your Majesty." I said; This is the second time I'm seeing the King. The first one was when Rahu bonded with me and insisted that I become his Queen consort.

"We came here as soon as we heard." The King said acknowledging my greeting and walked a little closer to my bed with the current Queen.

"I apologize for worrying you, your Majesty. I wasn't aware of my conception until now but I will be careful from now on." I said again and he nodded in agreement. The conversation went on from there especially when Dad finally came out from the toilet. The date the wedding was to happen a month from now as well as the coronation but in respect to my Dad's decision, both parties agreed to still keep the marriage a secret.

The whole world will know that Rahu has finally taken over the crown, he will still continue his schooling but he will no longer go to school as often as before, and for my identity as the Queen consort, it will remain hidden until I graduate.

I'm a little overwhelmed about all this but I am also quite happy that Rahu and I will finally secure each other. Of course, I didn't know that from here, faith will try to challenge us.

* * *

End of Chapter Twenty-Three.

2