TWENTY-FOUR
160 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked Rahu, a little bit upset at the information I've heard about the condition of his coronation. He told me before that his royal training has not ended yet, that's why the palace was waiting for him to finish college but the things I've learned today from the King were different.

Apparently, it is a royal tradition that once the King has decided to climb down the throne, the most eligible heir will need to marry and have a legitimate heir. If these conditions aren't met at a certain time, the next eligible heir will take over. This was to ensure that the ruler of the kingdom has an heir he could pass his throne to. The only reason why the eldest prince hasn't taken over the title yet was because in order to pay tribute to the Queen consort and his legal wife, the King wanted Rahu to take the throne as their only child even though the Eldest Prince already had 3 children from his concubines.

"If I did, would you have sacrificed your body and bear our child? I didn't want to strip you off of your right to make a decision and choose your future." Rahu replied as he caressed my hand and kissed it. And although he was right and probably did the right thing he thought at that time especially when he initially forced the bond on me, I would have still preferred to know.

"Rahu, I love you and you know that. I know that aside from me, there's nothing in this world that you truly aimed for but that throne. Not for your own selfish reason but for your mother who raised you with love and care. If getting pregnant earlier than I planned will help you hold that title sooner, then I would give it to you. That's how much I love you." I said as I held his cheeks softly. When Rahu heard me, I could see on his face how touched he was and he quickly leaned forward to kiss my forehead.

"I knew you would say that my Love, that's why I did what I did. More than anything in this world, if left with no other choice, I would always choose you." Rahu said and that made me frown because I don't want that. I quickly remembered the night where he told me Prince Sahib told him to make a choice—between me and the throne—of course, Rahu chose not to give up both but if one day Rahu is left with no choice, I'd liked him to choose the throne because I knew how much he prepared his whole life for it. He had been dreaming about it since he was young—ever since we started exchanging letters.

"No. Please...promise me you wouldn't choose me over the throne, Rahu." I insisted as I shook my head, making him slightly shocked by my words.

"My Queen..." Rahu chanted, saddened with my message.

"I know you love me more than anything in this world but you have to choose the throne. Before you met me, you were a prince dreaming to become the King one day. I don't want to ruin that dream for you."

"My Love, you are my dream. My happiness exists only by your side. The throne would be nothing compared to you. However, I am a selfish man. I will be King and have you as my Queen." Rahu said and that made me happy even though I would still force him to choose the crown over me if he only had to choose one. But seeing that the King and Queen are rushing our marriage, Rahu wouldn't have to worry about choosing between the two anymore because when we marry, he will become King. No one will ever take his title away from him anymore.

"And enough with this topic. I only did what I think was right then. Now, I only want to fill my head with you and our future child." Rahu said, he sounded pouting and excited, making me laugh.

"Hmmn fine..." I giggled and I caressed my flat stomach still unable to believe that Rahu and I are going to be parents soon—in eight months.

"Are you happy?" Rahu asked. His palm on my stomach as well.

"I am. Although unexpected, I am happy because it is our child. I know you've been waiting for this. I'm glad I was able to give it to you sooner." I said with a bright excited smile matching Rahu's.

"My Queen~ I love you so much," Hearing my words, Rahu couldn't help but convey and hugged me tightly. No doubt he has been so happy about this news and I'm the same.

"I love you too," I replied, and out of pure instinct, our lips subconsciously touched as we kissed passionately. I closed my eyes and followed the rhythm of our kiss. I could feel his tongue sucked on me so hard that it sent signals all over my body. If we continued more than this, something inappropriate might happen soon so I slowly pulled away with heavy pants and my cheeks turning red along with my now moist lips.

"Lovely. You're so beautiful. I can't keep my hands off of you." Rahu whispered lustfully, making my body shiver especially when he put his palms inside my hospital gown and caressed my bare stomach.

"Rahu, t-this isn't an appropriate place," I commented shyly although I'm not in a place to say that because we have done it many times in more inappropriate places. And the last time we did it was at the cave when I was injured and sick—I facepalm myself to that.

"I know. I won't do anything to you just yet." Rahu whispered seductively and true to his words, he pulled his hands away and soon no longer hugged me. I was a little disappointed but it was for the better.

"Uhmm, a-anyway... how's Alex?? The friend I told you about? I want to see him and see if he's okay." Changing the topic, I quickly remembered Alex and asked Rahu. I recalled telling about Alex to Rahu and he said that my fellow Omega was fine. But knowing Rahu, even though this wasn't Alex's fault, he might blame him for leading me to the cave and eventually get lost.

"Oh him? He's no longer attending the university." Rahu replied, and I could see that his eyes suddenly became cold. One thing immediately slipped into my mind and that's my initial thought was Rahu blamed my friend.

"Rahu, I-I didn't mean to accuse you b-but is it your doing? That's why Alex is no longer attending the University?" I asked hesitantly. I understand that Rahu might have done it because of me but what had happened was an accident. He didn't have to overreact and ruin someone's life. The university we are attending is highly rated and has a long history of producing successful individuals and public leaders. Being expelled from a school like that will most likely mean you weren't good enough and other universities would think twice about accepting a transferee.

I waited for Rahu to reply as he was silent for a few seconds before he finally looked at me with the same cold eyes. It wasn't directed to me but it made me think how furious he was with Alex who probably didn't do anything wrong.

"Yes, I was," Rahu answered and even though I already knew, I gasped in shock and quickly sat up to hold his arm.

"Rahu, please take it back. Alex didn't do anything. It was my fault for making a mistake... I didn't think smartly and got lost. It was all my doing, Rahu. Please don't punish Alex for it." I begged desperately instantly, making Rahu's expression soften as he pulled me into a hug, burying my face against his torso.

"You don't understand, My Queen. We have investigated the situation when you were unconscious and we already know that he planned for this to happen. He has a history of bullying and doing the same thing to a couple of people in his class since high school but was never reprimanded because his family has strong connections to politics and other influential individuals in the city," Rahu explained, caressing my hair before he pulled away to see my shocked expression. I strongly doubt Rahu would make a story like this just to pin one poor Omega down as revenge so I have no reason not to believe him.

"I trust your words Rahu, b-but...I didn't do anything to him f-for him to do this to me." I questioned, my mind trying to recall if there was ever a time when I met the Omega and hurt or offended him without knowing but no matter how much I think, the first time I have met him was at the campsite.

"That's just how he is, Gabby. You don't need to concern yourself over it because I've already made him pay. He will never ever get near and hurt you ever again." Rahu assured but I just can't help but think about it. I trusted Alex but this was his plan all along? For him to go through such length, there must have been a good reason as to why he did it. No person would just suddenly want to hurt you unless they're a psychopath.

"Still, there must have been a reason," I insisted. The first time I saw Alex, he didn't seem like a bad person but now it is insane for me to think that he had put me in danger for no reason? I doubt that! Especially when I now know that I'm pregnant. If Rahu hadn't found me sooner, I could have died due to my fever, dehydration, and the cold temperature inside the cave. If that happened, it would have caused huge trauma to Rahu, my Dad, and my friends.

"Hmmn, but no matter what reason he has, it won't justify the fact that I almost lost you and our child," Rahu said dangerously which made me unable to retaliate because he was right. No matter what reason Alex has, it won't justify what he did.

* * *

End of Chapter Twenty-Four.

2