TWENTY-EIGHT
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

"My Prince, I know I'm overstepping my boundaries but if I may say," Baltes said, slightly bowing towards his Prince who was now working all his forces to suppress the Eldest Prince faction. The news about Prince Rahu ascending to the throne in a month had already spread among the nobles of their country and it is no longer surprising that their number was decided into three factions. One was in support of the Crown Prince, the other was to the eldest prince, and a small number was neutral. The crowned Prince's faction was slightly bigger than the eldest prince; however, Eldest Prince Sahib has some of the most influential people in the country of Mizrahill by his side so it cannot be ignored.

If they let their guard down any moment before the actual coronation, a big revolt could possibly happen. The crowned prince is a capable leader despite him initially having no interest in the crown. As long as he stayed strong, nothing would be able to beat him into claiming what was rightfully his. Additionally, aside from the massive support he received from various influential families and individuals in the country, and the King’s favor, the people also chose the Crown Prince. However, everyone knows that the Crown Prince was a person who could give up the throne any moment... since he was initially the strongest supporter of the eldest prince and since he was young he refused to take the heir's classes until he suddenly declared he wanted to be the one to take the throne when he was 14 years old... It was the same year he was announced as the heir to the throne instead of the eldest prince.

Baltes had grown up with the crowned prince as his playmate and guard and so he knew the real reason why he suddenly changed his mind. There was nothing wrong with it but he can't deny that it was rather a vulnerable weakness of his.

"You may speak, my friend," Rahu permitted, still looking at the document on his hand. Bates bowed again before briefly looking at his Prince. He didn't say anything at first, causing Rahu to finally look at him waiting for whatever his friend would say to him.

"My Prince, the little star of the Empire, soon-to-be our Sun, why don't you come out in front of Gabriel? The Eldest Prince will soon use your secret as a desperate move in order to prevent your coronation. My Prince, that is your only weakness that the Eldest Prince was holding on to. The Eldest Prince was fated to the future Queen. He might use that to his advantage. If the King and Queen heard this, they might not allow your marriage or postpone it at a later date. I know that you knew this well and that is why you are keeping Gabriel beside you," Baltes conveyed, keeping his eyes down. The problem was simple in the beginning but because it had been kept for so long, it has become a problem. If Gabriel knew the truth and accepted it, Baltes was sure that his Prince would be a lot calmer. If the Omega doesn’t, then this marriage was never going to work in the first place.

"You've been tense since you learned that Grabriel was carrying your heir. I believe you'd feel a lot better if you're no longer carrying something. I'm sure Gabriel would understand. Both of you were young and this only became a bigger problem the longer it was kept unsaid." Baltes added bluntly, he couldn't see Rahu's expression so he didn't know that what he said had been crowding Rahu's mind since his talk to Gabriel the other day. Baltes’ words might be an act of disrespect towards his future King but as a friend who had been with Rahu for as long as they could remember, Baltes was his one and only friend. His most trusted loyal subject, who would choose his side no matter what, even sacrificing his own life for him.

"Stop! I understand what you mean, I was planning to tell him soon,” Rahu replied in frustration, rubbing his temples. The secret that he didn't want to reveal started as a child joke. He never meant to lie in the beginning but as time passed by, it became harder and harder to tell the truth. 

The fact that he wasn't the one sending those letters, at least not until he was 14 years old. But Rahu had always been reading Gabriel's reply along with Prince Sahid back when they were closer. At first, he just felt bad for the Omega for sending a letter to his older brother who only replied whenever he was bored. There were some instances where he pretended to be his brother to write the letters and sent them to Gabriel. Additionally, for safety purposes, introducing themselves was forbidden due to their royal identity. The letters are also not written by themselves personally, so until they turn 12 years old, the servants write the letters instead and review them before it is sent to the receiver.

Furthermore, they were still children back then and when finally they were allowed to write their own letters, it was easy to explain the situation. His older brother was no longer interested in writing back but the letters kept coming. He continued to use his older brother's identity until he finally introduced himself when he was 14 when his relationship with the eldest prince was cut off due to the power struggle within the royal family.

"My Prince, don't worry too much about the small matters. I'm sure Gabriel will be able to accept you no matter what." Baltes encouraged, finally looking at Rahu. Rahu smiled as well and nodded in defeat. His friend was right. Gabriel had assured him so many times that he would accept him. The Omega trusted him and he could feel it because they are bonded. The swelling love and support, he could feel it through their connection. It was just him who despite all that strong emotions towards him, he was still afraid. He was afraid that all that would disappear once he told Gabriel. He would know that second that would happen and he wouldn't know what he would do after. Maybe he'd really lock Gabriel in a box so he wouldn't be able to escape.

As a Prince and the future King, he shouldn't feel terrified. He shouldn't have any weaknesses, but alas, he's still human and he wasn't the bravest out there. He also had his own monsters constantly giving him nightmares. And the only reason he was able to hold on until now was because of Gabriel. If he loses him, he'd be broken beyond repair. In the first place, without Gabriel he would not have pursued the throne. It was a lie that he did it for his mother, the Queen, although half of his reason now was because of his mother, the Queen, but without Gabriel, he would have abandoned such a title.

Gabriel encouraged him through his letters thinking he was his older brother but it pushed him to become more confident about himself and made him realize that it was alright for him to claim what was rightfully his. That it was alright to be a little bit greedy. Even though those words weren't for him, it still gave him hope. His mother, despite being the Queen consort; she wasn't favored by the King so it was natural for him to think he wouldn't become the heir even though he was the only son of the Queen Consort and instead the Eldest Prince whose mother, a concubine, was much more favored.

"I understand, thank you for telling me." Rahu simply replied, smiling softly.

"Then you should do it now, I'll handle the paperworks for today. You have no time to waste in front of this desk, my Prince. Please go to Gabriel now and convey what you truly feel. Tell him the truth and don't come back here unless you did," Baltes encouraged again, urging Rahu to stand up and meet with Gabriel who was probably in the living room or their bedroom.

"What?! N-Now? B-but I'm not ready yet..." Rahu stuttered nervously. He said he was going to tell Gabriel but not right now! He still had to mentally prepare himself and he also needed to make more preparations, like maybe a dinner date.

"Now is the right time, my Prince!" Baltes insisted, who finally managed to make Rahu stand up from his chair before pushing him towards the door. In the end, Rahu didn't have a choice and was forced to nod.

"Fine, I'll do it, just please don't push me. Seriously, I thought you've changed these days but you're still the same as ever, Baltes. Did you have enough playing the taciturn and dutiful subject role?" Rahu chuckled to his friend who had become a man of few words ever since they arrived in the country. When in truth, he had always been like this and truthfully, they have always been more like brothers than a master and servant relationship. Baltes served as his playmate when they were younger but as they grew older, he became his royal guard and most trusted adviser. Normally, aside from Gabriel, no other person can treat him like this except Baltes. Not even the King or Queen can do it to him.

"Well, I thought I could leave you alone but you're still in a mess without my advice, my Prince. You're simply helpless without me. But that's alright, it just means you still need me by your side as a friend and adviser." Baltes helplessly replied, slowly shaking his head left and right before massaging his temples. He was asked by the Queen to avoid helping the Crown Prince when it isn't necessary as part of his training as the future King but it couldn't be helped. Even the current King had five advisers under his wing, it is natural for the King to receive advice from their loyal subject because even Kings aren't faultless.

"Thank you, my friend," Rahu chuckled again before he was once again ushered out of his own office room. Rahu stepped out and before he started walking, he took a deep breath and strengthened his resolve. Baltes was right, he needed to lay everything in front of Gabriel before it became a serious matter. He wouldn't want something like this to be the cause of a huge misunderstanding in the future. It was this simple to decide but no wonder why it took him this long.

Reaching the living room and seeing that Gabriel wasn't there, Rahu then went ahead to their bedroom, however seeing that his mate wasn't there, a confused expression plastered on his face.

"Ah Your Highness, are you looking for his Highness sir Gabriel? He said he was going out for a bit and will be back in the afternoon," A passing by  maid said after seeing Rahu stepping out of the room showing such a confused expression. Meanwhile, when he heard what the maid had said, Rahu’s eyes shifted in worry and quickly fished out his mobile phone. Gabriel's leg hadn't healed completely yet, and the situation now was dangerous. He told the Omega there might be a huge encounter between him and the Eldest Prince and how it could affect their incoming marriage but he didn't specify anything like he could be used against him. That was the main reason why he was keeping the Omega at home for the time being.

He didn't forbid Gabriel from coming out because he thought he wouldn't go out since his leg was still healing but Rahu never thought he would go out without telling him.

"My Queen, please pick up your phone," Rahu chanted as he waited for his call to connect. Alas, it already ended and was left in a voicemail.

"Why didn't anyone tell me he went out?" Rahu slightly yelled towards the maid who was still there looking at the Prince in panic. When she saw the Alpha looking at her furiously, she instantly felt terrified falling on her knees to beg for forgiveness.

"A-Apologies, your Highness. We have committed a grave mistake. We will receive any punishment from the Crown Prince," the maid said in horror as both her voice and body trembled before Rahu.

"Tell me! Why didn't anyone tell me!" Rahu repeated, looking down at the kneeling maid.

"His Highness sir Gabriel told us not to disturb you, your Highness. Please forgive us your Highness," the maid replied, begging. Rahu wanted to curse and punish all the servants this instant but instead he turned around and left, having no time to spare.

* * *

END OF CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.

0