TWENTY-NINE
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

"Just hot chocolate for now please," I said when the waitress came to take my order. It had been a while since I had met Bea so I'm kinda excited to see her again. Since I was reciprocating until now, I refrained myself from going out even to school. I'm still using crutches but I am now mostly healed enough to walk on my own but when I need something that requires me to go outside, Rahu helps me out or Dad comes to visit. That's why today, I came out on my own to meet Bea after such a long time since she was also busy and couldn’t visit me. Truth be told, Rahu was still worried about my condition especially because I'm pregnant as well. That's also why I purposely didn't tell him I was leaving, knowing that he'd worry too much when he didn’t really need to.

I looked around the cafe and I smiled, being happy that I am finally able to breathe outdoor air and it's very refreshing for me who really enjoyed spending time in places like this. Anyway, there is still 20 minutes before the meeting time so I had decided to have some drink for now and enjoy the moment. I'll just listen to Rahu's scolding later when I get home.

"Oh, please give them coffee as well," I added after I remembered I have my bodyguards with me today—three of them to be exact. I understand that Rahu's only concern about my safety at the moment but I just don't understand why he had to have three of them follow me. He had always been very protective of me but he got a lot worse these days. Maybe it’s an Alpha thing since I’m his mate and I’m currently with a child.

"What kind of coffee?" The waitress asked, preparing to write the order on her ledger. I thought for a second but I don't really know what my bodyguards would want.

"Hmm. I'm not really sure. Can you ask them what they want instead? I'll pay for their orders, tell them it's okay to order anything they want," I said instead because I'm afraid they wouldn't like what I order so it was better to ask them themselves. Besides, if it’s just this then I can definitely afford it since I don’t want to rely on Rahu’s money when it’s not necessary. The waitress nodded to my request and soon excused herself going to the table I was pointing at. I looked from a distance and it looked like the three men didn't want to order as they were shaking their hands and heads as if saying they didn't want anything. The three of them then looked in my direction but I just smiled at them hoping that my expression conveyed that I really want them to order what they like as well. It would also be rude to take up a whole table without ordering anything from the cafe. 

Thankfully, it seemed like they understood and I could visibly see them sigh as they gave up. Seeing that they finally ordered, I smiled again and finally shifted my attention to the glass window beside me, overlooking the view of people bustling by the sidewalk as they paced towards their own destinations.

It didn't take long before I got my hot choco and began to sip on it, moaning in satisfaction. I looked at my guards and they seemed to have their orders as well and began to enjoy it as I did and I smiled again. I looked at my watch and saw that 15 minutes had already passed but there was still no sign of Bea.

"I should just text her for now. Maybe she's still on her training and will be a little late," I mumbled to myself. I began to type on my screen however as I was doing so, my eyes started spinning. I blinked a few times thinking maybe I was just feeling tired but that was not it. I could feel my heartbeat picking up a pace and my breathing suddenly became too difficult. At this point, I couldn't help feeling nervous so I looked in the direction of my bodyguards hoping I could ask for help but I was stunned to see that all three of them were knocked down on the table.

As my view began to darken, I saw a familiar figure in a hoodie approach me. He was smiling and whispered something to me as my head fell on my table.

"Sleep. We're going to have a lot of fun later," The familiar man whispered as I heard him chuckle. I don't really know how he knew I was here and how he pulled this off but I was really scared and refused to let my consciousness be taken away.

"Let's go. You said they have high resistance to drugs, they'll wake up in a few  minutes if we wait," The familiar man added, as my head continued to spin. Unfortunately, the drug that I had taken was too strong for my body to handle. As my consciousness faded and a man carried me, I feared not for my life but for my and Rahu's child. I knew it was my fault for going out without Rahu knowing but I never thought this would happen.

* * *

"I'm leaving. You're coming with me," Rahu simply said, meeting Baltes by the door. The royal servant thought he could have a relaxing afternoon for today after his master left to talk to his fiancé when suddenly, the said Master was rushing to the front door.

"Is there something wrong, my Prince?" Balted asked, confused. He does not believe the talk he suggested went on that quickly.

"Gabby left without notifying me and now I am not able to contact him. For now, let's try and visit their house." Rahu explained, while still marching towards the garage and to the car. Baltes carefully opened the door for the Prince and later he also got into the driver's seat. He understood his master's dilemma so he didn't ask more and just proceeded to the unsaid task since it is true that it is a difficult time for the future Queen to step out where their enemies could be lurking around, especially when the coronation has yet to happen. It's fine if nothing happens but if it's the opposite, nasty things could break out.

"Should I call more security just in case?" Baltes suggested, which Rahu nodded in agreement while still trying to contact his lover's cellphone number. But alas, it has not connected and instead kept on ringing.

Many undesirable things flashed in Rahu's head and he groaned rubbing his face with his palms in frustration, tightening his grip on his cellphone. If he knew this was going to happen, he should have ordered the necklace and earrings that had a tracking device way earlier. That way he'd be sure he knew where Gabriel was. Unfortunately, the jewelry was still in the making and it would still take a while until it  would finish.

*Phone ringing*

Planning to call Gabriel's father instead, Rahu's phone began to ring and in an instant, he looked at the caller ID hoping it was Gabriel but he was quick to be disappointed when it was Bea's caller ID flashed on his screen instead. Nevertheless, he accepted the call hoping that the Beta had some news about his fiancé.

[Thank God, it finally connected. Listen up Prince, Gabby and I were planning to meet today after a while planning to catch up but it seemed to be...no...I am certain that he was kidnapped by someone. He was drugged and carried away according to the people here. The bodyguards you hired are still knocked out cold here as well. I don't know the reason why this is happening but I heard from the waitress that a black-haired man with a delicate face came with two men. I don't know anyone who had a grudge against Gabby but I think it's Alex Wilson who did this.] Bea immediately reported and as soon as Rahu heard it, his heart began to pound faster. He already knew things like this would happen but he thought it would be his Eldest Brother's doing instead of an insignificant spoiled Omega.

"Where are you? I'll be sending someone to help you," Rahu replied, his voice tried to sound calm but Bea could tell that he was tensed.

[Estio Cafés near the University. I'll do everything I can to help. I'll have my dad and brother to look into the situation. We'll definitely find him.] Bea assured. Only Kent, Gabriel, and now Rahu knew of Bea's full family background. And that is, they run a high security personnel program on the outside but truthfully, they are a group of assassins who kill depending on the employer’s requests. In short, compared to the Police force, their data gathering materials are highly advanced. Bea was actually a princess of that kind of family and although the Beta thought she was being isolated from the family business, she was actually being treated preciously.

"Thank you. I will owe this one to you. I'll also do whatever I can to find Gabby," Rahu said, feeling grateful. Soon after the call ended but Rahu continued to grip on his phone.

[This is nothing. Gabby is my friend and this was my fault for suggesting we meet when I knew his leg wasn't all healed up.] Bea replied dejectedly. She knew that despite the lack of reaction from Rahu, more than anyone in the world, he'd be the most worried and she wouldn't get angry if he was to blame her.

"Let's not blame each other. Let's just focus on finding him first. My mate is pregnant, he might get hurt if we don't hurry," Rahu said with a sigh which Bea agreed and soon ended the call after a short farewell. After the call, Rahu sighed and continued to grip on his mobile phone.

"Baltes, park the car briefly and call the governor. I will talk to him personally about his grandchild's possible misdeed."  Rahu instructed, holding back his anger and frustration. He may be calm at this moment but knowing that his pregnant mate was currently in harm's way, he was about to explode. He was barely holding back from ripping off someone's neck.

"Tell him this time, Alex Wilson will not escape my wrath if he did something he shouldn't... Also, send someone to the Estio Cafe near the University to assist Ms. Brown," Rahu added, which Baltes followed immediately as he parked the car at the side of the road. He briefly scanned his contacts and immediately called the governor of the city. It didn't take long before the call ended before they soon started moving again but this time to a new destination.

* * *

End of Chapter Twenty-Nine.

0