THIRTY
48 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

* * *

Slowly gaining my consciousness, I woke up alone in the middle of a king-size bed with a massive headache. I groaned in discomfort as I had yet to fully register everything in my mind but I soon as I did, my eyes shot open remembering the last memory I had.

'I was kidnapped by Alex.' My thoughts screamed in panic as I remembered his face at the cafe.

I hastily looked around in the unfamiliar room, anxiously thinking maybe my enemy was just around. Thankfully, there was no one around but me. I was relieved for a brief moment, but I had no time to relax as I quickly tried to get off of the bed. However, my expression turned ghastly pale when I found out something was wrapped around my ankle. With wide eyes, I felt even more panicked to know that I am shackled to the bed unable to get out of this room. The terrifying noise that the metal object created whenever I moved sounded deafening.

Never in my life did I imagine I was going to experience this kind of thing.

“S-Somebody… Somebody, please help!” I screamed even though I knew it was hopeless. My tears began to build up until it started streaming down as I tried to take off the shackles but it was useless. It was so tight and restraining that without the key to it, I’d never be able to take it out unless I cut off my leg.

“Somebody! Please… let me out!” I screamed again between my sobs, hoping that someone would come and help me even though I knew it was hopeless.

“Please… j-just let me out…” I muttered, crying. Questions flooded my mind. When I got rescued from the cave, Rahu, Bea, and Ken told me that it was all Alex’s fault. I never understood why he would do such a thing to me who he just met but I had decided to forget about the incident thinking that maybe there was some kind of a mistake but now, I saw with my own two eyes that it was Alex who drugged my drink and kidnapped me.

‘What is he trying to achieve from this? I’ve never done something that’s worth for him to hold a grudge on me.’

If I knew this was going to happen, I should have told Rahu that I was leaving to meet Bea. If it was him, even if he was busy, he would have gone out with me and made sure I was in no harm.

“Rahu… help me…” I whispered, sobbing. I hate that I’m helpless and have no choice but to call Rahu’s help but what am I supposed to do in my situation?

Wiping my tears trying to calm down, I got off of the bed to look around and see if there was any chance for me to escape. Thankfully, even though I was shackled to the bed, the chain was long enough for me to go to the bathroom and walk around the room but not too long to reach the main dorr and the windows.

“What do I do?” I mumbled to myself, still sniffling trying to prevent myself from bursting into crying again. I wanted to be strong for Rahu and our baby.

And speaking of our baby, I caressed my stomach in worry wondering if the drug that made me fall asleep earlier would have a negative effect on it. I hope there wasn’t. I wouldn’t know what I would do if it did.

“Please stay strong. I’m sure Daddy’s coming to save us soon. For the time being, Mommy will keep you safe, just hang in there,” I whispered. Alex doesn’t know and definitely shouldn’t know about my baby because once he knew about it, I could never know what would run into his mind and do something bad to us. He did something like this to me without reason and he could hurt Rahu and my child in his insanity. It’s better to be safe. I have to protect our baby.

Getting back to the bed with my newfound courage, I figured it was useless to waste my energy. Still, I traced the chain on my leg to its base thinking maybe I could do something to it—maybe pull it out or loosen it up—but I was left hopeless once again when I found out that it was stuck to the wall as if it was really made that way. It’s like the room was made to really detain someone like I am now. I tried pulling it but it was really stuck there and wasn’t loosening up even just a little. I groaned in frustration and was on the verge of crying again but I quickly reminded myself to be strong.

Mentally exhausted at the fact that I couldn’t think of anything to escape the room, I didn’t notice that the doorknob twisted open and soon came into view the person that I least expected to appear… Rahu’s eldest brother, Amir Sahib.

“It’s useless trying to escape from here. I suggest you better give up, my dear Gabby,”

* * *

Sitting on his chair with his legs crossed, one on top of the other, Rahu impatiently tapped on the armrest while glaring at the governor who was also sitting on a chair across him.

“Prince Shaheen, I know my grandchild wronged Mr. Ferns before but he would never do it again. He had already received his punishment and he would not do anything to break my trust again, I can assure you,” The governor insisted however when asked to bring his grandson, he couldn’t comply. Rahu was becoming even more impatient. Of course, if it was not Alex Wilson who did it then it was fine because he had another person in mind who might have done it but then again it never hurt to be certain. After all, he already had his people check on his eldest brother’s movement.

“Alex is now resting and still depressed about being expelled from the university. We recently called in the doctor and therapist to check him up and I don’t think it would be good to force him out now that he’s still reciprocating. He’s been in his room without going out, how can he be near the university to kidnap one of his schoolmates,” the governor added again. Even though Alex was such a troublemaker grandson, he raised him since he was a baby and so it was natural for him to defend him even though he knew it would risk his status.

Kidnapping is a huge scandal, and to think the person involved was able to move a Crown Prince. He knew Alex was stubborn and did a lot of terrible things growing up but he didn’t believe he would deliberately do something to ruin their family.

“Mr. Wilson, I don’t blame you for depending on your grandson but if I find out he’s not in his room and kidnapped my friend, he won’t be getting away this time,” Rahu’s voice reverberated in the room. He was about to dismiss the subject but Baltes suddenly approached him and whispered something before handing him an iPad containing the CCTV footage of the street across the cafe where Gabby was kidnapped. Rahu briefly watched the video until his eyes shifted into a vicious glint when he saw the clear image of Alex Wilson with two men carrying his unconscious mate.

“Mr. Wilson, I think you have spoiled your grandson way too much that he no longer cared what might happen to you. He still thinks that his powerful grandfather would still be able to help him,” Rahu conveyed before he slowly put the iPad on the coffee table and stood up. Mr. Wilson wasn't able to say anything as he hastily looked at the video. When he recognized his beloved grandson, all his strength left his body and before he could utter a word, Rahu had already left.

“It would be better for you to cooperate with us from now on,” Baltes suggested before he too went to follow Rahu. Now that they have confirmed who the real culprit was, there was no time to spare. He needed to save Gabby before anything happened to him and their child.

"Make sure to capture Alex Wilson, I don't care what you do to him, I want Gabby's location as soon as possible. Also, make sure to prevent any information from leaking out, if the King and Queen find out this might become even more complicated..." Rahu instructed as soon as Baltes was beside him.

"I am on it, my Prince," Baltes replied with a slight nod since that was initially what he planned to do.

"And... continue to monitor the Eldest Prince. The enemy of your enemy is a friend, they might be working together to disrupt the coronation," Rahu added and once again Baltes nodded.

Meanwhile...

"W-What are you doing here?!" I asked in horror, watching Amir Sahib walk towards me while I stood and stepped back away from him. I know for sure Alex was the one who kidnapped me but now the eldest prince had arrived. Are they working together? Why are they doing this to me?

"Isn't it obvious? I'm here to take my mate," Amir Sahid replied with a smirk which only made me shiver. 

"I am not your mate! Rahu is my only mate!" I yelled in frustration, as I could no longer step back away from him because of the chain making him chuckle before I squeaked in panic when he finally reached me, grabbing my arm.

"Fine. You're right. I am not your mate, it's not like I could hide it any longer," Amir Sahib suddenly admitted. His grip tightened on me, as I stared at him with wide eyes.

"What? Isn't that what you want to hear? It wasn't easy to do so but I thought it might work. Alas, it has come into this," He said with a displeased tone before he threw me into the bed, shocking me. I tried to understand his words but it was useless, I still don't understand what he meant to say. He wasn't my fated pair? How was that possible? Even though it wasn't as strong as I had with Rahu, I felt our connection. A connection that made me terrified and uncertain but also strengthened my feelings towards Rahu.

"Don't be so confused about the unnecessary things. If you have the right connections, you can fake even the ‘pull’ between a fated pair," Amir Sahib explained and it quickly hit me. 

"But that doesn't matter now, I'll break you before he finds you," he continued and in horror, I tried to kick him when he climbed onto the bed to tower over me. Unfortunately, he managed to catch my leg and soon restrained my arms. Needless to say, my heart was pumping vigorously. I don't know what's running in his mind but I absolutely despise it. I would never let him touch me even if I die.

"Let me tell you a little secret."

"Get off of me! I'm not going to listen to you! You will pay for this! Rahu will definitely come and find me! Let me go!" I yelled desperately, as my tears began to stream down being held helpless by a man who is not Rahu.

"Don’t say that, after all I was the one who you were sending letters to, not your dear Rahu. He lied to you," Amir Sahib revealed that quickly halted my struggles, I stared at his familiar metallic eyes in surprise while he just smiled and before I knew it, his lips touched mine.

* * * 

End of Chapter Thirty.

0