Yesterday (300w)
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up with the worst headache I had in recent memory. Urgh, why was I feeling like this? I wrapped the blankets tighter around me, only to jump back (metaphorically. I still was too tired for this shit). My hands were soft to the touch. I work in construction, stacking stone and shoveling dirt. My hands haven't felt this soft in a long time. Smooth like gel.

Aah, now I understand. I was still sleeping, of course, of course. Doesn't explain my headache, but not the first time I felt pain in a dream. 

… Uh, wait, no, too detailed. The world is too detailed, and I, despite my headache, had clear enough thinking. Like, I wasn't thinking about space goth men. Mmmm, space goth men. 

Wake up.

I threw my blanket off, and looked around my room. It was different from usual. Oh, Mandy must have been here, her favourite duck is now back on the top of my shelf. But… Why was Mandy in my room? I don't recall inviting her over recently. 

The more I looked, the more inconsistencies added up. My bed was turned the other way, one of my table legs was supported by a few books, and my chair was gone. The floor was mostly clean, as if I was in a hurry to clean things up. I bet I'd find most of my dirty stuff under my bed. 

I quickly looked beneath. Yep. So, yesterday, someone surprise visited me, among them Mandy. Good, time to ask Mandy what's up. But first, food.

On the way to the kitchen I kept finding incongruenties. A sock that's out of place, shifted tables, the rug mising. I did find one half of the rug in the bathroom, but that left more questions for the other half. 

Arriving in the kitchen, I grabbed a piece of bread and bit into it, only to recoil back. "Ow"

I stared at the bread. Fang marks were in the soft bread. 

Hesitantly I grabbed my phone and activated the camera. My own face stared back at me, lagging a bit. My hair was blonde instead of brown, my eyes were black with a hint of red, and my teeth were now more fang like. Did I turn into a vampire?

"Oh hey, Jayko." A voice rang from the other room. 

I turned to him. A rather tall person, slim and so on. 

"Oh, you are already eating solids. Thought the doctor told you to lay off them for a while?"

"Doctor?"

"Uh, yeah, the dentist. Dentists are doctors too, right? They do lack the white coat, well, some."

"When did I go to the dentist?"

"Yesterday, duh. You also went to some glass store, stylist, skin care, honestly you did a lot for your body yesterday, except, well, uh, I'd argue some of it is not that healthy."

"... I can't remember that at all? What else happened?"

"You hugged Mandy and took her to your room. And Dendice. And you tried inviting me over too but I was having ice cream, which you heavily disliked. Never knew that before tho."

"What? No! I love ice cream, and even if I didn't, why would I not invite you to my— Wait you said I hugged Mandy and Denice? But, we, are we, what? I thought she was in the city by the sea?"

"You called her over for a hug."

… I turned to the fridge, grabbed some jogurt, and sucked it out. Nothing I could really say. Some dreams are just crazier than others. Yep, definitely a dream. Nope, not something else. A cherry bumped against my fang and I cried out in pain. Why wasn't I under painkillers? 

"You know anything about the doctor?"

"He is tall, has like his skin sewn from a recent operation, or so he said, and keeps calling himself Frankenstein's monster, saying that Frankenstein is the doctor not the creation."

"Oh, oh, okay."

Somewhere in the conversation I lost my grip on reality. 

0