6- Through The Stars, We Go.
649 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Wednesday, 0:50 PM, United States California, Los Angeles coast, 18/5/1995]

------
"So, that means..." Carol asked, holding her breath as she did so.

 

"What it means is irrelevant, what is relevant is that we are about to fight a secret battle against the Skrulls, a secret battle that can escalate into a full-blown war against both Skrulls and Kree if we don't do everything right."

 

"There is a real chance the Kryptonite inside Krypton shot out from the planet, spreading itself out on the universe and getting in the wrong hands, like the Skrulls and Kree for example."

 

Carol nodded slowly, for what she could understand Kryptonite could possibly be one of the most dangerous substances in the universe.

 

If it can destroy the cells of a being as strong as a Kryptonian then it can do worst for weaker beings, what could be worst than that she didn't know and she certainly didn't want to find out.

 

"In other words, we need preparation, first we will test your powers, stay in front of me and give me your strongest punch."

 

Kara moved away from Carol and turned around, after that she spread her legs while planting her feet on the ground and closing her hands, entering this stance made her remember her training with her master.

 

'Spread your legs, harden your muscles, regulate your breathing, Firm your position and prepare yourself, I will pull my punches but contrary to me, you will have to give your all.'

 

Getting out of her thoughts Kara put her arm on a horizontal line accordingly to her abdomen and hardened her muscles while giving a long breath, she used to build up her resistance and stamina in this position while her master punched her repeatedly, after Alrya's death she would train in this position almost daily.

 

"Go ahead, I received punches in this position for my body to evolve and my muscle tissue to harden, go all out and don't hold back, I can take it."

 

Hearing Kara's words Carol froze for one second but nevertheless got up and prepared herself, powering up she entered a fighting stance and prepared herself to attack Kara, it was not every time she could prepare herself to punch her enemy but now that she had time she would give her all, giving a last sigh Carol gathered her strength and dashed forward.

 

Relaxing her muscles Carol rapidly punched forward but not before stomping on the ground with her right feet while at the same time using the muscles on her back to empower her attack.

 

Two actions that not only made her punch stronger but also faster, combined with her energy her attack was strong enough to destroy an Imperial warship.

 

BOOM!

 

But even knowing that Carol trusted Kara, she knew that she could resist her attack, but even then she was at least expecting the Kryptonian to be pushed back some meters, so after the dust her punch lifted dispersed and she saw Kara unfazed by her attack she became more than a little surprised.

 

Getting out of her stance and standing up properly Kara blinked and looked at Carol, although her punch was weaker than those her master normally gave her it was still an impressive amount of Strenght for a non-Kryptonian.

 

Going back in her memories Kara recalled the exact moment Carol hit her, she could remember every minuscule detail, be it with her vision or X-ray she could see every fiber in Carol's body moving, the mysterious energy flowing inside her also did not escape her view, Its light impeded her to see anything in too much detail but it still could not blind her completely, within milliseconds of the attack she had already deduced the level of strength Carol's punch managed to output.

 

With the help of Lavender who had long since connected to this world's internet, she translated the numbers to the human tongue.

 

{84 Quadrillion}

 

"Eighty-four quadrillion joules, with this level of strength pulverizing an Island with approximately Five kilometers of circumference will not be hard."

 

'Not nearly as strong as a Kryptonian but still, it's an impressive level of strength for her, even komand'r would not be able to take on an attack like this and get out unharmed, well at least not accordingly to the last time we met 32 Krytoz ago, by now she should be much stronger.'

 

"I expected you to at least move a little, what do you have on your feet, super glue?". Carol asked while holding her right arm, the impact of her punch almost broke her wrists.

 

"No, it's one of my abilities, the Bioelectric Aura, it's an ability all Kryptonians have, it normally manifests between 1 Krytoz to 1 Krytoz and 2 Zeroz of life of a Kryptonian."

 

"To explain it to you in a simple way it goes like this, by absorbing radiation our cells 'supercharge' allowing them to disperse a type of forcefield around our bodies, a very small forcefield that we can either strengthen or weaken it to any direction we want".

 

"That gives us the ability to bend the gravity around ourselves, allowing us to, for example, resist powerful attacks that would normally throw us away, take gigantic objects without them crumbling around ourselves, and as you know it, 'fly' ".

 

'Technically fly, in truth we are just pulling ourselves to one direction or standing still on the air'.

 

"Another use of this ability is to spread the strength of our attacks allowing us to destroy large objects that otherwise would've been impossible for us to break due to our size".

 

"It's this exact same ability that allows us to simply punch the surface of a planet and destroy a continent, normally this ability grows along with the Kryptonian through their life but with my Ability to Adapt and Evolve I can simply train it and strengthen it forcefully, just like most of my other powers".

 

"At this moment my aura is not big enough to envelop an entire planet but it will reach this level someday, for now, I would say I can only envelop your moon and fly with it around."

 

Kara stopped walking for one second and looked at Carol's eyes."...Something I will not do I assure you". she said after a brief pause.

 

"Now, jump as high as you can, don't worry, I will catch you when you start falling".

 

Carol nodded, closing her eyes she took a big breath and slightly lowered her knee, briefly gathering her strength she jumped up, cracking the ground beneath her and flying at gigantic speeds towards the sky.

 

Opening her right eye she saw the clouds getting closer and closer, although it is weak she can feel the air trying to resist her, her heart started to beat faster as she opened her other eye and smiled.

 

"WOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!"

 

Passing through the clouds while screaming at the top of her lungs she felt water splashing across her body, she had already deactivated her power shortly after jumping so the water did not simply evaporate after entering contact with her body, and how happy she is to have done that.

 

Feeling the cold she did not shiver but screamed even more loudly, the feeling of absolute freedom she felt could not b compared to anything else in her life.

 

'Is this what Kara feels when flying? if so I want to learn how to do it even more!'

 

"HAHAHAHAHA!"

 

"YEEEEEEAAAHHHHHH!"

 

Looking down she saw the earth getting smaller, the clouds, mountains, forests, and cities now seemed so small compared to her, perhaps now that she has this power they are.

 

Slowly Gravity lost its hold on Carol, the woman only noticed she was flying after seeing how closer the stars were getting and how much her body started to shine, before she could shot up and fly through space Kara's voice stopped her.

 

"Nine Thousand Kilometres in one jump, congratulations Carol you reached the exosphere". Kara said in a happy tone.

 

Hearing Kara's words Carol smiled and hugged her friend, had a normal human done the same they would break their bones, fortunately, she is not a normal human.

 

"Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! THANKYOUUUU!!!!!" Carol screamed in happiness as she spun in the air while giving Kara small kisses on her face, she would have continued if Kara hadn't pushed her away.

 

"You are welcome but please don't do that again."

 

"Yes sorry, I was just soooo happy!"

 

"Yes, you seem... Unnaturally giggly, now I want you to go to space and see if you can survive, if anything goes wrong you can make a spacesuit with your clothes"

 

"Hum?".

 

Seeing Carol's confused expression Kara decided to elaborate.

 

"The bio-suit has the ability to change its own molecular structure, it can become as weak as tin or as hard as Vibranium, well one who isn't full of cosmic energy."

 

"Cosmic energy?"

 

"We don't have time for explanations Carol just fly."

 

Nodding Carol looked up and shot forward towards space, Kara followed her closely just in case something happened.

 

Contrary to what she expected when reaching the space outside Earth's atmosphere she, fortunately, didn't choke or froze to death.

 

'At least this is out of the way, now, let's see how much time I can stay without oxygen.'

 

Wanting to test her limits Carol landed on the moon and held her breath she played in the low gravity without breathing for thirty minutes before finally ending her experiment, she had so much fun she didn't notice Kara behind her the whole time.

 

'Do I still need to breathe?'.

 

Stopping with her experiment Carol shot up and flew through space while thinking about her situation.

 

'Maybe like Kara I only needed my energy to survive, buuut... does that mean I don't need to eat anymore?'.

 

Looking at Jupiter just behind the sun Carol shot forward at her maximum speed, behind her Kara continued to observe her actions attently.

 

'300 thousand kilometers per second, a little above Light Speed.' Kara though while silently following Carol, contrary to what most would think flying through space involved more than just jump points or being a good flyer.

 

The Kryptonian or alien in question would have to have eyes capable of seeing with minimal light or even without the presence of it, the Kryptonian in question would also have to develop a sixth sense capable of feeling danger or distortions in gravity.

 

Black holes absorb light, they don't reflect it after all, an oblivious flyer like Carol could very well be flying to her death and not even realize it hence the need of her staying close to her untrained friend, well, although she didn't believe Carol would miss the event horizon it didn't think a little caution would be bad.
-----

Carol started to feel weightless, not that she wasn't feeling like that before but now it was as if she truly doesn't have anything holding her down.

 

She knew her energy protected her from all external forces and factors when flying, especially when flying at the speed of light, but she certainly didn't know what was the full extent of her abilities, of this she is certain.

 

She knows light isn't instantaneous and that it actually takes time to bounce off an object and reach the eyes of someone, in simple words that meant that someone is never really seeing the present but the past, to be more clear that means that all creatures sees where the light was and not where it is.

 

That also means that if someone who doesn't have her powers travels at the speed of light their field of vision would amplify since that person would see the objects as they were relative to them in the past.

 

Fortunately, her new powers gave her the ability to see even without light being present, no, the way she sees the world is not limited as before, she now can see through space, every ripple, every movement of every graviton in a five hundred thousand kilometer radius can't escape her.

 

She can't see colors this way but she can see shapes much, much better than before, so much so that she has a hint that if she saw a ball this way it won't look as round anymore.

 

Carol didn't know what she would 'see' after looking at a black hole but she is excited to try.

 

'Wait, isn't there a black hole in the center of the Galaxy? For that matter don't all Galaxies have one at their center?'

 

Coming back from her thoughts Carol flying, she may be able to fly slightly above the speed of light before such a vast Universe that meant nothing, contrary to the Lightspeed engine she couldn't create Jump Points from anywhere and go to any place as she wishes.

 

Suddenly feeling someone taking her hand she looked back, only to see Kara pointing somewhere with her thumb, noticing her expression she asked herself how much time she was flying, perhaps time dilation did affect her to a certain degree.

 

Not wanting to wait for her friend to reach her later Kara took Carol in her arms and flew towards Mercury, her friend can fly at speeds beyond Light but she is still faster.

 

Reaching the planet's surface Kara put Carol on the ground and flew towards the oasis while signaling for Carol to follow her.

 

Seeing Kara walk Carol briefly froze in shock after seeing her body slowly disappearing before her eyes, recuperating from the shock she ran towards Kara in an attempt to discover what happened to her.

 

Jumping above the black rocks she felt something weird if she had to describe it it would be like passing through a thin layer of water, a thin layer of water that slightly shocked her and made her close her eyes more by reflex than anything else.

 

Finally passing through what she could only guess was a forcefield Carol opened her eyes and looked around herself, only to freeze at the impossible sight.

 

In front of her she saw trees, rocks, grass, lakes and even fish swimming through the water, she became so transfixed by the scenery that she momentarily forgot about Kara.

 

"I was confused the first time I came here too".

 

"How, is this possible". Carol asked without taking her eyes out of the lake, her shock was so great that she completely forgot to ask Kara how they were able to talk or even breathe inside this space.

 

"Do you know what Vibranium is?". Kara asked while sitting in the ground and resting her back on a tree.

 

"No, but I've heard this name before, I think."

 

"Well, to simplify, vibranium is one of the strongest metals on this universe, there are three types of this metal but before I say anything more I will have to tell you a history."

 

Finally taking her eyes out of the lake Carol looked at Kara with expectant eyes, the reality of her situation slowly catching up with her.

 

"Ten thousand years ago a gigantic meteorite made of a sound and energy-absorbing mineral, struck the continent of Africa, affecting not only the plant but also the animals that lived there."

 

"One day five tribes of Humans settled in that place, calling it Wakanda, those tribes fought each other for years until a man, a warrior received a vision from the panther Goddess Bast, a vision that led him to the heart-shaped herb."

 

"A herb that when consumed gave him superhuman capabilities, more strength, agility, and instincts, with this new power the warrior united the tribes and became the first Black Panther, the protector of Wakanda."

 

"The Four tribes agreed to live under the warrior's rule, their new king's rule but the Jabari, one of the tribes refused and isolated themselves in the freezing mountains, thousands of years would pass and using Vibranium the Wakandeans made technology more advanced than anything on Earth."

 

"Prospering in a new age of peace and harmony they created the most advanced nation on Earth, never abandoning their customs and never forgetting their roots."

 

"But while they lived in peace the world burned around then, wars and genocides were just some of the things that happened and the most common one's roo, seeing that the wakandeans decided to hide in plain sight, protecting their Vibranium from anyone who would wish to do harm with it hoping that one day the world would achieve peace as they did."

 

Carol looked at Kara attentively, in less than one hour she discovered a secret country inside her own planet, a Kree conspiracy, and that more than one God existed, thinking back on her life she noticed that going with Lawson inside the Jet was the worst thing that happened to her but after meeting Kara she started to think it is quickly becoming the best.

 

She suffered in the Kree's hands for years but just like Lawson said, the brightest stars shine in the darkest nights, and she is starting to shine very brightly now.

 

"Wait, how do you even know this?". Carol asked genuinely curious about how Kara knew so much.

 

"What do you think I was doing while you were messing with your Interface? playing games with mine?". Kara raised an eyebrow while looking at Carol skeptically, perhaps she has forgotten the fact she is a Kryptonian?.

 

"I was Hacking everything I could to gain information on this planet, I ended up accidentally finding Wakanda and started to read about their history, unfortunately, because of that I don't really know much about the rest of the planet."

 

Seeing Carol's doubtful expression Kara decided to explain further.

 

"I can think as fast as a klyntar colony Carol, talking to you and secretly learning about the most advanced nation on Earth was honestly easy, for example now I know how to put an energy shield in my bio-suit without wasting my battery at every second and how to make clothes out of vibranium".

 

"I was studying symmetry, energy and advanced mechanics before Krypton exploded, I didn't have much time to study Bio-Mechanical theory."

 

Carol made an unreadable expression and simply nodded, Kryptonian culture is still a mystery to her.

 

"So... what are the types of Vibranium".

 

"Well, first there is the Antarctic Vibranium, located in the savage lands on the Antarctic, this Vibranium who is also known as anti-metal emits vibrations that cause the atomic and molecular bonds to weaken, a process that liquefies and destroys all metals, hence the name anti-metal."

 

Kara stopped talking for one moment and looked at Carol to see if she had any questions.

 

"This can destroy an entire empire if it falls on the wrong hands".

 

"Yes, yes it can, and that's exactly why we won't say anything about this to anyone else".

 

"Agreed".

 

"Continuing on, Wakanda Vibranium has the ability to absorb not only vibrations but also energy".

 

"It's important to say that while vibranium does absorb kinetic energy it doesn't absorb 100% of it, if it did someone would be able to throw a ball at the metal and it would stick on it, but as I know it this doesn't happen since the ball would simply hit and fall to the ground without bouncing off."

 

"What this means it that Vibranium can absorb almost all of the kinetic energy thrown to it but not enough to stop the momentum of an object completely."

 

"People have mass, so imagine that someone with for example a vibranium armor gets hit by a bullet, would the moment of this bullet affect him? no, it will not."

 

"When someone has mass they create a frictional force at their feet that is enough to resist the impact of certain objects, bullets? yes, tank bullets? no."

 

"Why are you telling me this in such detail exactly?"

 

"Because, if I give you a bio-suit that can mimic the atomic structure of vibranium I want you to know that you will not become invincible". Kara said with a serious voice.

 

"And now the third and most powerful type of vibranium, the same vibranium who is allowing life to flourish in this planet, Cosmic vibranuim."

 

"Cosmic?"

 

"We don't have time to explain what the Power Cosmic is but as you probably know this Galactus uses this energy, you have heard the name but doesn't know what it means right?"

 

"Yes, most people don't."

 

"I will explain this to you later but for now let's go back to cosmic Vibranium, this metal as the name implies is Vibranuim imbued with the power cosmic."

 

"When a being has the ability to tap or even make cosmic energy by himself they gain many abilities, one of which allows them to imbue their power on objects and change their molecular structure."

 

"A very useful skill to have since if the being in question has an in-depth knowledge of atoms they can manipulate atomic structures and create the strongest metals of the universe, I do not know which entity or even person made this type of vibranuim but they did a very good job since not even I can break this thing with my bare hands."

 

"Dare I say I would break my bones if I tried".She whispered.

 

Carol looked at the ground and took a piece of Vibranium, throwing the metal up she used her power and tried to smash the thing with both of her fists.

 

Fortunately for her Kara managed to take the metal out of her reach before anything could happen.

 

BOOM!

 

Carol's fists connected resulting in a small explosion.

 

"Unless you want a broken hand I suggest you don't do that again". Kara said, almost shouting at Carol's face, apparently her friend can make explosions just by colliding her energy-coated fists.

 

"This type of metal can only be molded with brute force by beings who have enough power to destroy entire Galaxies with their physical strength alone but fortunately for us I have another way."

 

"Now, before I explain my way I have to explain another thing first, every Kryptonian has a certain ability that is more powerful than the others, mine is heat vision, normally an average Kryptonian could reach 2 billion Kelvin with their heat vision."

 

"And how powerful is yo-".

 

Kara sent a glare that immediately made Carol close her mouth, she is a patient woman but much like Alrya she did not like being interrupted when speaking.

 

"As I was saying, my heat vision is my most powerful ability, and as such my most taxing one, now before I continue speaking I have to explain something VERY important to you, contrary to what many would think and what we tell other Races we Kryptonians do not in fact only take energy from a Star and other Celestial bodies to be as strong as we are."

 

"But you said a yellow star gives an absurd amount of energy to you, strengthening your body who in turn not only uses this energy to improve itself but also to permanently strengthen your body."

 

Kara breathed deeply and spoke calmly.

 

"Yes, our bodies have this capacity, although only Rao can strengthen me permanently that is only because the star IS Rao given form, Allow me to tell you a history."

 

Kara coughed and straightened her form.

 

"At the birth of the universe, the beginning of everything, Rao was born, in a Dark Universe he was the first light to shine, the first star to ever live, in the beginning, he stood still, doing nothing, so Millions of years passed, he who once was one now became many."

 

"Unknown to all but the Immaterium beings HE who was supposed to only be a cosmic Event, a simple cog in the machine of the Universe gained consciousness, the first spirit was that of the Sun, He who gave light and Life woke up, powering every version of himself with his soul, thus immortalizing his mortal form."

 

"In every Star in the Universe, no matter how big, small, or how far away they all ARE him, so, they all have his will, his spirit, we Kryptonians not only possess the ability to absorb HIS energy but also his spirit through our own souls allowing us to pass this energy to our bodies and strengthen us to an absurd degree."

 

"Carol you are not a fool, your eyes can see that this star is not Yellow but White, the thing is, your eyes cannot see the Immaterium, the shape and color of his will is what gives us power, be it a simple improvement in our bodies or the ability to control space, his spirit is what allows us to do it."

 

"This energy is stored in our bodies and cannot be made, meaning that if I lose too much energy I will only be a woman with a gigantic amount of strength, no heat vision, no flight, and no cloth invulnerability, what I am trying to say to you is that my heat vision is strong, absurdity so even for my Race."

 

"This is due to my ability to adapt and evolve, even while being suppressed by my ear aid it still made my heat vision stronger each time I used That means I will spend an absurd amount of energy in very little time."

 

"200 TeraKelvin is my absolute limit, as a result, I can only use my heat vision for one second before I spent all of my energy and enter a coma not a second later, even still it will take at the very least three Krytoz for me to melt this thing and make it into something usable."

 

Carol looked at Kara with a surprised and perhaps a stupid expression.

 

"Oooook, this doesn't sound like a problem, why do we need this metal anyway?"

 

Kara looked at Carol's face with a disappointed expression.

 

"Why do we need this? Let's see Carol, this metal here can protect me and you, specifically you from those weapons the Skrulls have, I can make an armor capable of storing gigantic amounts of energy inside it for me to use it later in case of an emergency, and the most important of all Carol, we can make weapons with it, weapons that will fight against an army of Kree without letting them know just by looking at them that they are Kryptonian weapons and send a whole army to get me, just this simple thing Carol, nothing more."

 

"Ok, Ok dumb question, no need to be ironic I understand."

 

"Good, now, let's go to my ship." With her patience already lost Kara took Carol's hand and flew directly to her ship, she did not stop to see the small droids flying to the small planet to collect the Vibranium.

 

Carol flinched after seeing a round door appear out of nowhere, her spacial senses had not detected anything, after understanding that the door is nothing but the entry to Kara's ship she smiled and entered inside, she only deactivated her powers after she heard the gate closing behind her.

 

Without making a noise Kara walked forward, Carol following not a second later.

 

Looking around herself Carol started to feel uncomfortable, the walls of this place are quiet as if no one passed through it for a long, long time, getting restless because of the silence she closed her eyes and started to see the world through her spacial sense.

 

Weirdly enough her senses became inconsistent, she could see a hall to the right that was 700 meters away but she could only see the ground up until 200 meters to the left.

 

Ignoring the strange happening she concentrated on the rooms of the ship, she stayed that way for some minutes until she found a room full of beds.

 

'Probably the place where the crew would be, where it should be'. Thinking about the ship's size carol started to feel... Weird, seeing the doors and not hearing any noise besides her's and Kara's footsteps was making her even more uncomfortable, she was starting to think that maybe Kara isn't supposed to be the only Kryptonian aboard.

 

{Hey sis could you ask for your friend to STOP TRYING TO SPY ON THE SHIP?! We are only at 21% of Energy and waisting to play a game of hide and seek IS NOT APPROPRIATE}

 

'Only 21? Did it not fully recharge before Krypton Exploded?'

 

Kara sighed and glanced at Carol, she'd ask "What is stopping you from seeing the Ship is the psionic energy contained inside the metal of the hull being controlled by J.A.N.A.I." Kara walked over to a door and stopped without doing anything.

 

"Who's J.A.N.A.I?".

 

Before Kara could answer the door opened itself and a feminine robotic voice started talking.

 

[Welcome aboard Miss El, do you wish to read the reports on the cryogenic sleep?].

 

"No, but thank you J.A.N.A.I, please guide us to the forge."

 

[Understood Miss El]

 

"She is an A.I My mother created, but between you and me she is much better now, before this day she would try to restrain anyone who wasn't in her database but that's how mom made her, learn and evolve, just like me and J.A.N.A.I is an Abbreviation, her full name is Janex Analytical Natural Artificial Intelligence."

 

"Natural?" Carol asked confused

 

"Of course, she was born, not made after all." Kara said while calmly walking forward.

 

Freezing for a second Carol continued to walk through the ship, minutes later Kara suddenly took her hand and turned to the left, exactly where a solid piece of wall was.

 

Carol tried to warn Kara but stopped when both of then suddenly passed through the wall as if it was not even there in the first place.

 

"What?". Carol looked around herself, only to see white hulls with octagonal grey doors and blue holographic screens that had words written in a language she didn't understand.

 

"The psionic energy contained inside the ship controlled by J.A.N.A.I allows her to create illusions inside the ship that for example can confuse intruders."

 

"Or maybe even make people believe that there isn't a gigantic ship in front of then, Lavender can also send a mental order to make it so that any oblivious passby doesn't try to pass through the ship and accidentally discover it."

 

Kara suddenly took Carol in her arms and started to run towards her destination, she was in a hurry and they had lost too much time already.

 

"Eep!". Carol screamed in surprise, she really didn't have the same level of reflexes without her powers activated.

 

Stopping in front of a metallic gate Kara put Carol down and walked forward, after that she struck both of her hands on the middle of the gate and started to forcefully open with all her strength.

 

"Pass, now!"

 

Carol ignored Kara's weird behavior and rushed to enter the room, if she looked back she would see Kara struggling to open the gigantic metallic gate and enter but after the lights turned on she got a good look at what is in front of her, she has to admit the forge deserves its name.

 

Hundreds of tubes on the walls, floor, and ceiling going directly to a single point, the center of the 'forge' as Kata called it where what she could only describe as a gigantic reactor was.

 

A single N shaped stair was all that connected the circular platform to the ground, she had to admit the structure is rather impressive, the thing in front of her had at the very least one kilometer of radius, and although she could see some kind ob blue light behind it she couldn't see anything due to how big it is.

 

Looking up at the structure she saw a cylindrical tube aiming directly at the center of the structure where a circular metallic structure that allowed someone to climb it through the stairs and watch whatever was happening in the center down below, for some reason Carol had the impression there were things bellow the ground.

 

Looking up once again she saw the cylindrical structure connected to the walls by gigantic columns, she could also see droids cleaning the insides of the columns through the windows, but by far the most interesting thing she saw is the enormous Golden Sun at the top of the structure.

 

Wisps of golden light escaped the sun as it entered hundreds of different tubes, seeing the Titanic sun being drained both amazed and terrified Carol so much she unconsciously started to fly upwards, she would have continued if a gigantic metallic noise didn't sound behind her, she turned around to see what had happened, but only saw a worn-out Kara and a closed Gate behind her

 

Before she could ask anything Kara passed her while looking intently at the Golden Sun.

 

"Some doors can only be open with brute force, a clever security system that not only slows intruders but also serves to block the entrance for certain Kryptonians that shouldn't be entering in certain places."

 

Carol only nodded in response, she wanted to answer 'but you are the only Kryptonian here' but she realized It would not be wise to say such a thing.

 

"This is the forge, well, if something was being done you'd see hundreds of robots working here, hammering metal, bending space, and sharpening blades, but unfortunately it is a quiet day."

 

Kara opened her arms as if to show the entire place to Carol.

 

"THIS!" She shouted while pointing at the cylindrical platform "Is where the residual energy is stored, the entire ship has a total of five hearts but at the moment only this one is active since the energy is low."

 

"And why is this place called the forge?"

 

Kara simply smiled and floated towards the platform, Carol followed closely behind, landing Kara briefly looked back and ran forward, already accustomed to Kara's speed Carol ran behind her.

 

Seconds later Carol saw the landscape change, from a black floor with thousands of tubes below it she now saw gray floors with blue lines at the borders, the place itself is more open, contrary to before she now could see kilometers away, be it machines, flying droids or even rays of energy being shot, she could see everything.

 

If she had to compare the place with something it would be a children's park, she saw chaos everywhere she looked and some truly weird things like what looked like a butler hamster serving food to what looked like a fusion of a T-red and an armadillo, admittedly the little thing is extremely cute but she still asked herself what the fuck is happening in this place, even space felt weird here for God's sake!

 

Even without her spacial sense activated she could feel the space twisting, compressing, and somehow expanding at the same time.

 

"The space around this chamber is bent in a way where everything is expanded, my father and my mother made this ship, it was the project of their lives, they started even before I was born."

 

"Unfortunately they couldn't build a ship with more than five kilometers in length and 3 in Width, the things they wanted to put inside the ship were too many for such a small space so they made spacial destabilizers to expand their opinions, hence this place exists."

 

Carol still with an awestruck expression asked. "And that hamster serving food to that cute... thing there?"

 

Kara made a confused expression and looked to where Carol was pointing at, after seeing what was happening, she laughed, maniacaly.

 

"AHAHAHAHAHA, They, HAHAHAHA, They are my friends, HE-HEHEHEHAHA! They are just playing house, My parents made this place for me because I liked to make things, except for the floor and the forge I made everything here."

 

"Wait wait wait, everything, everything? Even those animals?"

 

"Oh no, as I said before I adopted them when I was just 3 krytoz old, I had SO many pets our house couldn't take anymore so Instead of giving them to other families to take care ai Hid them here but they couldn't stay here unsupervised so I made a bunch of droids to take care of them, but then I thought, they can't stay here all day, so I took one of my mom's spacial destabilizers and made a portal to another dimension, unfortunately it was an empty dimension and I wasn't confident enough to steal another destabilizer without mom catching me."

 

"Wait Kara you don't nee-" Before she could speak more Kara covered her mouth with her hand, the Kryptonian was already fed up with her friend interrupting her.

 

"SO! I had to make a risky move, I called Komand'r and told her my Genius plan, One Sirtry later I was on her father's ship going to Tamaran, her Father's name is Myand'r by the way, now, I only had 1 Zekoz to complete my plan."

 

"With nothing but one spacial destabilizer and my X-ray vision I and Komand'r managed to replicate the thing in half a Zeko, the next Sitrys we made thousands of them, well to be more specific we made hundreds of droids and programmed them to make the destabilizers, fortunately, Komand'r knew of an abandoned factory otherwise we wouldn't be able to make so many of them."

 

"Finally on the last Sitry we sneaked on the cover of the night and 'stole' a ship, after that, we traveled to a planet millions of light-years away, it was a small one, a little bigger than your Earth, it orbited a black star and took half a Krytoz to do it."

 

"We spread more than two hundred thousand destabilizers through the planet but there were still problems, mainly energy and most importantly, the sun."

 

"First although we replicated the destabilizers they weren't meant to cover something as big as a planet no matter how many of them we had so we would have to supercharge each of them so that they could take the whole planet and not just everything within sea level."

 

Kara took her hand out of Carol's mouth and started to float in circles, sighing Carol decided to sit and just hear her history, apparently her friend entered a trance each time she told a history.

 

'Is it my impression or is that hamster moving in slow motion?'

 

"The second problem was a challenge even bigger than the last, if we managed to teleport the planet into the other dimension all life on it would perish, there would be no sun, after all, they'd die, BUT! in a stroke of genius Komand'r made a plan that would solve the two problems at the same time."

 

"We retrofitted our Phantom projector combining it with three destabilizers to form a hyperdrive capable of transpassing the microverse, in other words, we now could transport anything to other dimensions or universes as long as we had the coordinates, and well, we had the coordinates to the center of the black star."

 

Carol's eye twitched, did she just hear it right? did Kara tell her that two children surpassed the technology of galaxy-wide Empires just because they wanted to hide their pets?

 

'What the fuck?'

 

"You see a planet disappearing would not be that concerning Different empires regularly take some random ones to either transport them to a place where it will be possible for it to grow life or to dismantle it for its resources, of course, the second is most normally used in times of war but then again those idiots are always in some kind of war."

 

"But the problem was the Star, if we stole a star and either our parents or worse, Rao noticed it we would be in BIG trouble, and I mean in a level of which I was not sure we would get out alive."

 

"So we did something insane, we made a wormhole directly at the center of the star and threw a modified destabilizer there, what it did when it was there was simple, it made a vacuum where time-space did not exist in which we put two acausal bubbles of semy no existence to stop space from filling itself again, inside there two small blackholes infinitely moved towards each other but never quite collided the gravity in the middle of those black holes was so strong that it punched a hole to the fourth dimension."

 

"The atoms inside the star entered the bubble who in turn 'coated' them in a smaller bubble something that allowed them to be unaffected by the gravity if only temporarily, we had to make very, very precise calculations so that the bubble would only pop the exact Planck in which the atom would enter the hole to the fourth dimension."

 

"You see the reason we had to do this honestly extremely complicated thing is that the moment that that single atom passed through that hole it now could go whenever it wanted that is, it would have had we not trapped it by putting another destabilizer connected to the exact place where that single atom arrived, for this step we had to transfer and alter the ship's V.I into the destabilizer."

 

While Kara continued talking Carol only looked at her with soulless eyes 'I want to scream, honestly, why was a child messing with higher dimensions, I understood absolutely nothing she just said, am I an idiot? Are all Kryptonians this ridiculous How did they fail to conquer the Universe?'

 

"-hat way the destabilizer managed to replicate the functions of the 5th dimension where parallel timelines existed, in doing so it multiplied that single atom infinite times throughout infinite timelines, after that the destabilizer only had to constantly 'suck' those atoms of those timelines around itself and voila! We replicated that Black star in the other dimension."

 

'No wait, she did that before too, first when we met second when I regained my memories now it's the third time she started babbling, humm, now that I think about it she always talks about funny things she did with others, the first her family, then her classmates, then her wife, then her master and now for the second time, her friend.'

 

"- to the star and transported the planet there, nowadays the planet is full of life and I Am full of happiness because of it."

 

Carol's eyes widened. 'She's... sad, maybe even depressed, considering the fact her race most likely never forgets what they saw she probably only needs to think about a face, a specific date, or a corresponding word for her brain to show her memories, much like an archive.'

 

"-ytime is over let's make something with this thing."

 

'She most likely talks about her happy memories to come back to the past and distract herself, not to mention how open she is to me, someone she just met five hours ago, combining this with my situation and history she also identified with me.'

 

"Carol heyyy Carooool."

 

'And I think I identified with her too, losing everything, even my memories made me a wreck, maybe that is what we need? Two sad people together may just be what we need to be a little happier.'

 

"Hum* Why are you smiling."

 

"Nothing, I just realized something."

 

"Oookay then, let's go." Kara said while turning around, but before she could move she felt Carol hugging her back.

 

"What is up with you, you're acting weird, did you eat too much gobgorn or something?"

 

"No, I'm just happy to have such a cool friend."

 

Kara did not respond, opting to only turn her head forward and walk toward her destination, seeing the Kryptonian's lips move up only made Carol smile more.

 

'Yeah, I'll be your friend alright.'

21