Chapter 1: Arrival.
179 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As a puff of smoke appears in a vast grassland, my figure materializes on top of a small hill.

I stood on the top of the hill, gazing at my surroundings which were completely foreign. The air was purer, and the wind seemed stronger, a weird feeling entered my body as if my insides were constantly in contact with something.

In front of me was a town or city. I saw many people walking around the town, either with sacks full of grain crops or riding carriages full of stones and ores. The fields in front of the town had many children of various ages tending to the crops, sowing seeds and plowing the fields. It was already late night and myriad blue fires covered the town and turned the night into day, aside from the glowing fires there were also many circles surrounding plots of lands, shining with a green light. The circle seemed to transmit visible energy into the plants, which seeped into their stems. Peasants rode back and forth to the mountains at the back of the town, those who came back brought ores and stones.

Seeing that town, it wasn’t anything like a medieval town. It was much bigger than a village but didn’t have a wall or even many stone buildings. It seemed most wooden houses were for the peasants to live; I saw families of citizens entering the wooden huts with exhausted complexions.

“This is truly another world…” I said, not visibly surprised, even though my heart was burning with excitement.

I looked at the sky and saw the position of the moon, by the position it was moving towards, the town should be situated towards the south.

After checking the surroundings, I confirmed that to the west there were more grassy plains, to the east there were more mountains and to the north, there was a small lake.

“If I weren’t able to read your mind, I would have said you aren’t surprised by this scenario.” A voice said, coming from behind me.

Turning around, I saw the same man that sent me to this world.

“You followed me here? Most importantly, where is here?” I asked him.

That man was indeed the God, Sixth.

“I did follow you here. Watching from a distance would be too boring, so I tend to follow those I summon. As for where you are… I have no idea.” He said, his mocking smiled seemed to intensify by the end of his phrase.

Seeing his mocking smile started to get me angry. This god didn’t seem to want to cooperate with me, and his smile remembered me of those villains that I always wanted to see die in animes.

“YOU summoned me here! How can you not know where this is?! At least help me if you’re going to follow me.” I said, raising my voice.

Sixth glared at me with his mocking smile, which now seemed to be more of a sneer.

“Firstly, you don’t seem to notice that as an omnipotent being, I can erase you with a thought. Secondly, I used a randomized algorithm to send you to a magical world, so I won’t know where we are unless I want to know. However, I made sure that some things would be guaranteed. Such as you spawning next to conscious beings that speak English or something close enough to that, and that won’t kill you at sight. You’re welcome.”

Even though I was angry at this God that namely transported me to some random world for seemingly no reason at all, he did have a point. Angering someone that can insta-kill me isn’t a smart decision.

“Okay… But what did you give me after I came to this world? A system? A cheat item? Special Physique?” I asked, eager to know what kind of cheat I would get.

Hearing my question, the god started chuckling as he looked at me.

“A cheat? Did life ever have cheats, boy? Use your wits if you want something, I’m not gonna give you help for no reason at all.” He said as he started laughing loudly. His laughter got me angrier, and I wanted to scream:

You took me away from my planet! Took me away from my family! Threw me somewhere I know nothing about! Aren’t those plenty of reasons to give me some help?!!

I couldn’t bear to look at this god for another second, so I walked away towards the town…

 

 

I had walked for a few kilometers, and surprisingly, I wasn’t as tired as I thought I would be.

Back on earth I was an otaku and programmer than did nothing but stay at home sitting on a chair, so I would sometimes get tired just from taking a bus to my mother’s house, not to mention walking a few kilometers.

A while back, I noticed that my skin wasn’t as oily as before and my acne had disappeared. I lost some fat and my muscles weren’t flaccid as they were before, they were instead firm and healthy, even If they weren’t like those thick muscles of the Gym Rats, they were still as good as those of a healthy person.

The shitty God had already caught up by now and was walking behind me. When he saw that I was checking myself, he explained.

“After you transmigrated your body was synchronized to the parameters of this place and re-initialized. That doesn't make you stronger, but it gives you the ability to wield the magic of this world and restores your fitness to perfect health. At least for now, you are as healthy as you can be.”

His explanation seemed to make sense since my body structure would hardly be the same as that of someone from another world. At least he did this right, I’m now looking good and can run without feeling exhausted, my mind also seems clearer… Now I think I should have exercised more in my previous world.

I had walked for a long time, and by the time the sun was rising, I had already arrived at the fields outside the town.

Plowing the fields, was a young boy covered in sweat. His clothes were a neat tunic, and aside from being covered in shit and dirt as well as looking old, it was better than I imagined for a peasant in a feudal world.

“Greetings my little friend.” I said, trying to lighten the coldness of my face to the bare minimum I could out of my own will… It looked like I had to take a dump.

The boy looked at me and then at my clothes, that had become ragged clothes of crude leather after I transmigrated, for whatever reason. But then he looked at my black hair and back at my clothes, as well as my healthy white skin and noticed the fact that aside from the dirt, there was no shit or dried blood on me.

“Greetings mister Scholar.” The boy said with a deep bow.

Seeing the respectful expression on the boy’s face, he probably thought I was someone of higher status… At least he didn’t think I was a king.

“Little one. Would you be so kind as to say what town is this one? I've been wandering and seem to have lost my direction, as well as my belongings.” I said, trying to smile… And failing miserably.

I should really consider not smiling anymore.

However, the boy was respectful even after seeing my constipated face.

“This is the town of Red Stone. The ruler is Lord Magus, Sir Angus of Red Stone, who is a baron of the Kingdom.”

I nodded and asked again.

“Is there any position for someone such as me in this town?”

The boy thought for a while, before remembering something and nodding.

“Yes, sir. In fact, Lord Magus needs a scribe to copy his tomes. This region is so remote, it is hard to find more people that know how to read and write, people from larger towns refuse to come here.”

I nodded and left towards the town again. It seems I’m at the less developed edge of some kingdom, or at least an extremely backwater place.

 

 

Reaching the town, I saw that there were many communal dwellings and few stores, most of the buildings had signs that were just images carved out of wood and none had any writing on them.

I was a little afraid since even though the spoken language was English, there was no guarantee for the written one.

But reaching the center of the town I sighed in relief.

There was a plaque with a coat of arms painted on it, and words written in normal English that read: “Red Stone Household”.

The words were exquisitely carved and looked like a piece of art, not that I would be able to tell it's worth anyway, it just looked pretty in my eyes.

There were two guards with spears in front of the iron gate, one of them took a step forward when I approached and yelled.

“Halt! Who goes there?!”

I stopped after hearing his warning.

Taking a deep breath, I said.

“My Name is Kyle; I am a scholar that seeks a position as the scribe of this household.”

7