Chapter 53 – Branch
94 4 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Mordred went to his flat in the male dormitory, there was already a woman draped in a maid outfit, standing next to a pair of large briefcases. Her hair was like an inky waterfall, long enough to reach the back of her waist. Her bespectacled eyes were pure black, while the expression she wore was that of complete disregard, not caring about the attention she gathered by waiting in front of Mordred’s room like a statue. Overall, her face looked like a sculpted doll, having a unique charm that enraptured one’s eyes.

“I assumed you’re Mika?” Mordred inquired as he unlocked the door to his dwelling.

“Affirmative.” The maid bowed, “I am assigned as your servant, Master.”

Mordred nodded as he urged the maid to enter his unit. Like most new students of the royal academy, his quarters were quite large and contained multiple auxiliary rooms that could be customized according to his needs. Yet, it was empty of decorations and artifacts as he hadn’t been able to accumulate any. Nevertheless, with Mika’s help, he was sure that his room’s layout would soon change.

“Give me your dossier,” Mordred asked, and the maid opened one of the briefcases to fetch a document.

 

Spoiler

 

Callsign : Mika
Race : Human — Quasi-Cultivator
Bloodline : Human
Age : 20
Class : Support — Research Servant
Cultivation : Spirit — Refinement-path (primary), fire-path (secondary)

Skills : [Knowledge Procurement], [Alchemy: Potioneering]

…..  

[collapse]

 

“What kind of potions can you refine?” He asked as he continued reading her personal information such as her physical features, combat experience, psychological condition, et cetera.

“Mostly fire-path healing potion, sustenance potion, and magic bullet potions.” She took out another document from her belongings that contained all sorts of information about the potion she was trained to refine.

While confirming her skill set matched what he had requested, he asked, “Does your baggage contain a mobile workshop or something?”

“Yes, but it’s not a mobile workshop, but a comprehensive one that can be assembled. If you were to order a Combat Servant, they’ll be sent with their combat gear, but I am a research servant specialized in refining potions and experimentation. This will allow me to begin work immediately.”

Pondering for a few moments, he began to write down a list of tasks, “I will leave you with some samples of my magic bullet potions and the recipe. I want you to familiarize yourself with the refinement methods and if possible, create some alternative recipes for them. For now, you can make yourself comfortable in this room until I find some resources.” He led her towards the second smallest out of the seven empty auxiliary rooms. “Also, you’ll be responsible for my daily needs, I’ll give you the details later.”

“Understood.”

Seeing Mika unpacked her things, Mordred’s plan began to take fruit. Originally, he wanted to automate the magic bullet refining process, but he lacked the justification to have a fabricator. Even with the blueprints given by Shion, there was a serious lack of materials to create his first fabricator, so he had to compensate by assigning someone for this task. 

Of course, he could switch roles with the servant. If he were to order a Combat Servant, he could order the servant to take missions from the Hunter Association and gather resources while he buries himself in deep research and begins decoding the coordinate of the Azure Blade Twins minor inheritance. However, doing so will cut him off from his primary cultivation resources: souls. 

Killing is an extremely beneficial activity to him. If there was a choice between cultivation or slaughter, he would choose slaughter because, to him, murder is his cultivation method.

After waiting for Mika to finish setting up the workshop, he intruded on her workspace to experiment. He wanted to learn how to control the bloodline abilities he inherited from Astaroth because it is a cultivation path that completely differs from his original. With the assistance of Mika who helped him draw blood or other procedures, it was far more effective and efficient than alone, especially since he had the facility to do so.

The next morning, the cafeteria.

“Heh…” Nagata smiled foolishly as he sat down, his gaze met with Mordred who had already been waiting for some time. 

Mordred could see that there were dark lines underneath his eyes, evidence of the lack of sleep. “Congratulations for popping your cherry, but keep it in moderation,” he commented. “Don’t push yourself too much, otherwise, you’ll lose yourself in the process.”

Blushing, he wrapped his hands on Morded’s shoulder, “What about you, Satoru? Have you done it with your servant? I must say, the Yukikaze clan’s [Bedroom Art] is perfect. It’s like having your dick wrapped in-”

“Spare your nonsense.” Mordred cut him off, his gaze found Kaishin who walked with weird footwork. “I can’t believe you’re also the same. I thought you were better than this.”

“I-” Kaishin tried to cover his face in shame, “I can’t help it, okay? At first, I just wanted to know, but curiosity got the best of me… I never knew a girl could give me this level of pleasure...”

“I know, right?” Nagata whispered as if he had found a kindred spirit. “There are some positions I would like to try next time…”

“I’m not telling you not to do it, but keep it in moderation. Don’t forget that we have a deadline to catch up.” He scolded. “Anyway, I’ll be taking the Control Tower class. Have any of you chosen yours?”

“I’m going to the Vanguard one.” Nagata answered, followed by Kaishin, “Support class for me.”

“Seems like my worry is unwarranted. Alright, keep in mind our objective.” He stood up. “I’ll be going first.”

“Take care!” Nagata waved.

“The Seven Class distinguished every hunter with its specific role, but they did not lock someone out of their variations to accomplish it. For today, let’s discuss your future team’s main line of defense: the Defender Class. All classes have branches, for example, when you refer to a Defender, the default would be a Protector, they are the type of Defender that specializes in protecting their ally from harm through defensive methods. However, you need to understand that being a Defender isn’t about being a punching bag.” The professor of the Control Tower class is a woman who looks to be in her mid-30s.

She continued, “If, for example, the defender is being ignored because of their impenetrable defense, what would happen to the team?”

One of Mordred’s classmates raised his hand, “The enemy can disrupt the rhythm of the party, giving an opening to the backliners so that they couldn’t accomplish their job. At worst, the backlines can be killed while the Protectors are left alone.”

“Correct!” The professor raised her thumb, “That’s why, Defenders nowadays aren’t those who can only receive damage passively, but also generate threat. This causes the birth of multiple offense-oriented Defender-class branches, such as Fortress Defender — specialized in dealing long-range AoE damage, Berserk Guard — having physical specification that increases as wounds accumulate, and so on.”

“Additionally, there are also healing-oriented Defender-class branches, such as Paladin, Death Knight — defender that provides negative healing, et cetera.”

“Despite being grouped into the same role— to protect their teammates from harm, they fulfill their job through different styles. Why are these important? As a Control Tower, you need to understand the strengths and weaknesses of your teammates so that you can maximize your chance of success. Building a team is like doing a jigsaw puzzle. Knowing the abilities of your team is already half the journey.”

“For today, your task is identifying five Control Tower-class branches, along with their strengths and weaknesses…”

The classroom began to fill in with waves of whispers amongst the students. They discussed which branches are more powerful than others while the professor elaborated on their assignment. 

Since Mordred is the one who designed the Hunter Association Class and Branch system, he can do the assignment without discussing or trading ideas with the other students.

Strategist — highly specialized in deduction, telepathic communication, and overall strategy, Enslaver — enslaves non-intellectual creature, Beast Sniper — tame beasts as combat resources while using offensive ranged methods to support, Mind Breaker — offense-oriented, excel in mental warfare and hypnotism, and Puppeteer — uses all sorts of puppets/golems/mechanical constructs. 

After writing them down with all their strengths and weaknesses, he started to ponder the ones that fit Satoru's style. While he could take in all the capacities of being a Control Tower, Hunters are inherently limited due to their time and resources. He lacked the justification to be a Control Tower that could do every single thing its class had to offer. Thus, the combat style that he wanted to get used to is the one similar to one of the 4th Braves, ‘Beast Sniper’ Eleonora.

She, undoubtedly, is the quintessence of the Beast Sniper branch, to the point that her title becomes its official branch name. 

As of now, he already had a pair of magic guns and a wyvern serving him. As a Bloodline Warlock, if he can refine and master his bloodline abilities to enslave more wyverns, he might be able to not only achieve the full potential of being a Beast Sniper but exceed it. 

‘I’m getting close to having the ability to freely generate bio-bombs from my bloodline ability. After that, I can begin taking on missions regularly and accumulate more resources…’ He stood up, handed out his assignments, and left the class. His steps were quick, as he wanted to return to his flat as soon as possible and continue the experiment.

 

Sorry for the delay. I fucked up something and it took me some time to move on. The next chapter shouldn't be delayed.

Would a 18+ rated extra chapter about Mika being asked to fulfil Mordred's night time need sufficient to get your forgiveness?

 

Yesn't
  • Yes Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No Votes: 2 66.7%
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Nov 9, 2023 05:36 AM.
1