Arc 10.17: Please help us
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Break-

Φ On the back of the rhinoceros beetle he and his brother run me and Suzuka through the trees at incredible speed, he says, “Sorry again for attacking you.”

“It is fine, as long as you get our friend healed,” I say turning my head to the right.

On the back of the stag beetle, Suzuka is holding Orb with her only tail left, and on her face is a look of excitement. “You really can move fast!”

With a tone indicating pride, he says, “I am the fastest man in the entirety of the beastkin, don’t underestimate me!”

Looking at her, I say, “I thought bugs freaked you out.”

With a look of disbelief, Suzuka says, “He isn’t a bug he is a person, you really are rude.”

“DON’ T PRETEND LIKE YOU’RE HIGH-MINDED NOW. It was due to your freaking out that we almost died when we fell!”

With a disapproving look, she says, “Bringing up such ancient history, what a displeasing man you are!”

“You really are insane,” I say tired.

She hits me, so I hit her back and this continues until Orb groans, which causes the rhinoceros beetle to say, “It seems he doesn’t like you two fighting.”

Me and Suzuka stop, and then the stag beetle says, “Maybe saying nice things about each other will make Orb feel better.”

We both give each other looks of disgust, but then I sigh, and say, “Ok then let’s try if it will make the patient feel better.”

Suzuka grits her teeth, and then says, “I will try my best to.”

I stare at her, and she stares at me, and as this continues we start to make more and more panicked expressions, then in unison, we both say, “I can’t think of anything good! Hey, what do you mean by that!?”

Suzuka says, “I am talented at many things.”

“I am knowledgeable at many things.”

“I am stronger than you!”

“That hasn’t been proven!”

As we grit our teeth at each other, the beetle brothers break through the forest and we see a village beneath in the middle of sunken ground, the surroundings are covered in wonderous plant life like most of this underground area, but strangely despite how little the village is it seems to be backed with a ridiculous amount of people I would say the number far exceeds our numbers up top.

The rhinoceros beetle says, “This is our home.”

Suzuka with an amazed look says, “How bland.”

The stag beetle says, “It isn’t bland it looks amazing!”

“I guess after seeing Skydust, Elpída, Jedidah, and even the rest of Nialathrú, looks far more amazing than this.”

The stag beetle says, “I won’t let this insult stand!”

Suzuka using her fist hits him on the head, and says, “Do you want to fight amazing, because if you do I won’t go easy on you a second time.”

“Sorry,” The stag says in a docile voice, as he speeds up.

Seeing him move so fast, the rhinoceros beetle also speeds, up and in no time we eventually reach our destination; a middle-sized house with vines all throughout it, and surrounded by plants much different than what I have seen so far.

Hopping off the beetle brothers' backs, Suzuka asks, “What can of person is this doctor.”

“A dear friend of ours who patches us up after all of the fights we get into.”

Suzuka says, “So he is nice,” With a smile.

The rhinoceros beetle then says, “Though he forces us to work like slaves each time he does it, and gives us an evil glare every time we show up at his door.”

Suzuka putting on her mask, says, “So he is mean.”

Interjecting, I say, “Anyone who puts up with the antics of headstrong buffoons like the both of you, is probably an angel.”

The rhinoceros beetle says, “Hey don’t call us buffoons we are far superior to than weak buffalos, isn’t that right brother!”

“YEAH!”

Looking at them with faces of utter disbelief, I say, “Don’t prove my point idiot!”

In unison, the beetle brothers shout, “WE ARE NOT IDIOTS!”

Suddenly the door to the house opens, and then a voice shouts, “Proteus, Malachy, BE QUIET!”

The man who comes through the door looks like a dragonfly. His arms and legs look rather weak and his torso is tiny since his head makes up the majority of his body. Despite being a bug his eyes are something I could imagine on a human, and he has a tail attached to his head that comes down like hair, he is also rather tall.

Proteus, the rhinoceros beetle, and Malachy the stag beetle both run up to him, and Proteus says, “Look here Abbán, we found something great.”

Malachy, says, “They are humans!”

Despite not really being able to understand the intricacies of his facial movement I can feel his annoyance. “Humans are extinct you fool, these ones behind you are probably demons, or the Tuatha Dé Danann playing a trick on you fools.”

The beetle brothers turn back and look at us, and then they whisper.

“Do we even know what humans look like?”

“It wouldn’t be the first time we got tricked?”

Are those two idiots serious! As Orb groans, Suzuka moves forward, and then in an aggressive tone she says, “I don’t have time for this you bug, I need your expertise right this instant.”

In an even more aggressive tone, he says, “IS THAT HOW YOU ASK FOR SOMETHING!” His rage makes Suzuka shut up. “DID YOU REALLY THINK YOU COULD JUST WALK IN HERE IN THE MIDDLE OF MY DAY AND THEN TELL ME WHAT TO DO, DID YOU NOT THINK I WAS BUSY, DID YOU NOT THINK I HAVE OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES, DID YOU NOT THINK? IF YOU CAN’T AT THE VERY LEAST BE POILETE DON’T THINK I WILL EVER DO SOMETHING FOR YOU!!!”

Suzuka starts to whimper and cry under her mask, but then she takes it off, and wipes her tears, then she bows her head to the ground and says, “I am really sorry about that, my tone was unacceptable, but I am worried to death right now. So would you please listen to my request and help my friend.”

He pauses for a moment, and says, “Are you really human?”

The beetle brothers say, “SEE WE WHERE RIGHT.”

He looks past Suzuka towards Orb, then says, “No leave this land.”

Suzuka raising her head says, “Why? If this is about my tone I will apologize again.”

“No, I have let your transgressions go, but if you really are humans, I can tell that your existence will have the Red Branch full attention especially with you all having legacies, and I don’t want any of that trouble to fall upon us.”

Malachy tries to speak up, but then Abbán says, “SILENCE! Do you two want to bring more trouble onto us, have we not suffered enough!”

Malachy and Proteus quiet down, and become a lot more reserved, then Abbán says, “Now go away, and don’t come back ever. I care not what you do as long as it is not around us.”

Suzuka then slams her head so far into the ground that it creates a small crater, I can even smell the scent of her blood. With no animosity, Suzuka says with fervour, “I REFUSE, PLEASE HELP ORB!”

With annoyance in his tone, he says, “You're back to being a pest again.”

“YOU ARE RIGHT I AM, BUT THIS IS THE LEAST I CAN DO. I WAS ALL ALONE, I HAD NO ONE, AND NOTHING, NOW I HAVE CYRUS WHO LISTENS TO ME COMPLAIN, ATALANTA WHO GIVES ME NICE COMPLIMENTS, A FRIEND WHO WANTS TO SPEND TIME WITH ME, I HAVE FAMILY AND ORB GAVE ME THAT, SO THE LEAST I CAN DO IS PESTER YOU TILL YOU GIVE WAY! SO PLEASE HELP ORB!!!”

Seeing her passionate fervour, I walk up and say, “This annoyance made sure to help me avoid a horrible situation, where mine and those I choose to protect would have died.”

Getting on my knees and slamming my head into the ground like Suzuka, I say, “SO PLEASE HELP ORB!”

We repeat the phrase, “PLEASE!”

Over and over again until Abbán says, “Ok then, but I will merely check his symptoms, so bring him inside.”

We both bring our heads up and then look at each other and smile.

As Abbán walks into his house, he says, “Tell me Orb’s conditions and make sure you constantly keep touching his body with spirit energy of someone he knows, it will help.”

-Break-

Location: Orb’s mansion

Φ Jumping up through the hole in Orb's toilet, I say, “So it seems Orb, Suzuka, Iancu, Maple, and Willow all fell through the giant hole down there.”

Pine freaking out says, “This is horrendous Avram, we need to find some way to get them back. Anto can’t your dagger switch locations.”

Holding his sister, Mime from jumping down the hole, Anto says, “If I fell such a distance at such intense speed, I would without a doubt mistake when my dagger timing to switch is and die, not to mention if I was to throw the dagger the wind pressure will make it fly away.”

Turning my head, to Atalanta, I ask, “Aren’t you able to use fire to fly with your legacy.”

“Not really I use fire from my foot as a boost, pure flight is something I wouldn’t be able to do.”
Cyrus who looks even more panicked than Pine, says, “I think I could survive that fall.”

Looking at Cyrus, Buloke asks, “Are dragons really that tough?”

With bright eyes, Cyrus says, “I might break both my legs, and most of the body in my upper body, but I should be able to crawl.”

“DON’T SUGGEST DOING THIS THEN!”

Elliot interjects and says, “I think we are looking over something, Orb advent would be able to create enough ice to reach back here at full capacity, but he has already used it today for a lot of work, so they are just probably waiting for it to recharge.”

“Elliot is right, and unlike my son whose legacy can decrease speed and gravity allowing for a nice fall. But even if we use Atlanta’s or Cyrus’s methods we might cause a scene.”

Cyrus says, “B-B-B-B-But wha-a-a-a-at about eve-e-e-eryone.”

Buloke responds, “Orb, Iancu, Maple, and Suzuka are all legacies, with Orb being able to advent, and Willow is quite strong in enough himself, we should just leave them be because throwing ourselves into the mix will only make more problems.”

Putting my hand on Cyrus’s shoulder, I say, “I know how you feel, my little fireball of a son is down there, but for now the best thing we can do is wait, and if they don’t return soon we can ride down on a Zterytavis, though we would have to break a good portion of this mansion from that.”

Φ I nod my head in agreement of Avaram's words, and as everyone disperses, I look down through the hole and as I do the scene of my sister dying with me helpless to do anything flashes through my mind.

Behind me, Atalanta says, “Cyrus, you coming.”

Snapping out of this I turn around and says, “R-Right.”

Name: Astamatisaurus

Height: 208 cm

Type: Predasaur, Omnivore

Description: A bipedal wonderbeast, reminiscent of a pachycephalosaurus. Its head is incredibly strong and when combined with its aerodynamic body and speed it can easily shatter trees, and it has a flexible body which allows it to attack with its head in a style similar to that of quick jabs.

Fact: Whenever one of them and a Spercera meet, they instantly enter a competition with each other about whether its head is shinier, or the Spercera’s horn.

 

Name: Kovosaurus

Height: 700cm

Type: Predasaur, Omnivore

Description: A bipedal wonderbeast, reminiscent of a therizinosaurus. Attached to each of its fingers are swords longer than an adult male's body, and when it holds its five fingers together these blades combine into a giant blade. Its fur-covered body has materials similar to its finger all across it to serve as armour.

Fact: Every day it breaks off all five of its fingers, to allow them to grow back just as sharp the next day, this also allows it to move more freely without hurting itself.

0