Ch12 Chizuru
114 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The momentum of the duel had shifted significantly towards Mari’s favor as one solid strike of her bat after another came hammering down on her opponent.   Despite her small stature she proved as unrelenting as a storm.

“Ember Bulwark”   

A shroud of amber flame formed In front of Mari blocking her strike from colliding with it’s target.

But unlike her fist this time she would be forced backwards so easily using the downward momentum and her strength she pushed firm against the blazing shield.

“Are you kidding me how are you so strong”  Shinbou said through gritted teeth.

“I’m a blacksmith’s daughter, that’s how!”  Mari proclaimed proudly

The struggle persisted with Mari bearing all her weight down upon her target

“Come on Irabu we can do this just a little longer”

Tiny fractures emerged across the flaming shield as Shinbou’s concentration wavered giving way to intrusive and unwanted thoughts.

“Argh!”  

The decisive collision reached a conclusion with Mari’s trusty bat shattering the fiery pushing Shinobu backwards and dropping the girl to her knees as the fire dispersed into cinders before disappearing with a sizzling pop.

“Score one for Mari it looks like victory!”  

“This isn’t happening,  this isn’t happening”  Shinobu murmured

“That’s funny I don’t recall yielding so you’ve won nothing except my ire”

Searing flames poured from Shinbou’s grimoire

Her stomach was twisting itself into nots as Shinobu staggered to her feet,  her jade eyes burning far hotter than the fire of her grimoire.  

“You’re clever I’ll give you that,  but it’ll take more than that to best a Matsumoto”  

“Now burn!”  

“Fla…”  

The sound of approaching people stepping across stones filled the ears of the two girls causing Shinobu to lose focus giving her and opening she was all too happy seize.   

Casting aside Irabu she lunged towards the girl connecting a punch to her stomach knocking the wind out of her sails and toppling the proud witch thus bringing the duel to a close.

A trio of girls dressed in school uniforms approached given there colors they were three third year

She didn’t recognize them at first but she soon recalled and Mari’s prideful expression soured.

Flanked by two girls with arrogant expressions was the young lady who spat on Aisha and

Indirectly started this whole mess in the first place.

Unlike the other two the girls who brimed with vanity the third year girl standing at the centre wore an grim expression and carried eyes bleaker than the winter wind.   

Any semblance of confidence Shinobu held had evaporated like her flames as she scrambled to return to her feet and make herself presentable.    

“Lady C...,  Forgive me.”   Shinbou stammered

A sharp back hand struck Shinobu across the cheek causing the girl to step backwards and whince.  

“I don’t recall giving you permission to speak”   

The girl said slapping Shinobu again causing tears to well up in the girls eyes.

“Hey!  Stop it  You can’t treat people this way.”   

Mari said stepping forward to defend her former enemey.

“I’m sorry I can’t understand you,  I don’t speak insect.”    The girl laughed dismissing Mari

“You lost to a fledgling without a grimoire,  You’re pathetic Shinobu,  Clearly your sister was the only exception to your pathetic bloodline”  

“Sorry for my incompetence,  My lady.”   Shinobu said bowing her head.

“Oh yeah would an insect do this?”   Mari yelled recklessly tossing Irabu towards the crowd of girls.

“Get behind me My lady”  

“Ember Bulwark”  

 Irabu collided with a wall of fire but without the momentum of Mari to carry it through the bat was easily cast aside descending to the ground with a shrill ringing noise.   

“Consider yourself redeemed Shinobu,  

The girl raised her hand to the cheek she had  struck and uttered a phrase that Mari didn’t recognize.    

“Sana”

 A flurry of jade light emerged from her hand and Shinobu’s reddish cheeks returned to normal.

“Thank you,  my lady”  Shinobu whimpered averting her gaze.  

“Do you know who I am?”  The girl said her voice colder than a blizzard.  

“Can’t say I do,  my lady”  Mari said in a mocking tone.  

“Shame because I happen to know all about you,  Mari Higurashi,  Daughter of Keisuke Higurashi our premier blacksmith.”  

The girl  said,  the soft grin on her lips contrasting with her lifeless sapphire eyes

“How rude of me to drone on and on without offering a formal introduction.”

“My name is Chizuru,  Chizuru Akishino,  Don’t threat I’ll make sure you never forget it”

 

 

 

 

3