2. Survival
8.8k 27 386
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first problem right now is the environment. In Elvis Arcane, I've died more to the environment than to monsters. 

"Body status," I say.

------------------------

Overall body status: Fine

Hunger: Fine

Thirst: Fine

Injury:

Forearms sore muscle(-10% atk)

Status Ailment:

Cold(-10% dex)

------------------------

That's right...debuffs.

The state of my character is very important or I will get countless annoying debuffs. Some of them can even kill me. 

Beneath the breastplate, there is some fur padding to mitigate the cold. I throw a glance at the corpses.

...

"I'm sorry, brothers," I say and loot their bodies, taking their armour fur for myself.

--------------

+8 bloody fur

--------------

Next... I need the crafting system.

A panel pops up:

-------------------

Available crafting options: 1

(Fur-filled armour)

-8 bloody fur

-1 fur armour

Estimated Crafting Time: 10 seconds

[Craft]

--------------------

I press craft and an arrow materializes in the air, pointing at the fur and then to the armour.

I follow the instructions and stuff the fur in my armour, evenly spreading them out.

---------------------

Crafting Successful!

+1 Fur-filled armour

+10 cold resistance

---------------------

"Phew...that feels better."

The crafting system in Elvis Arcane requires the player to do everything manually and the player is vulnerable to attacks when crafting. 

Now, I need to know where I am.

There isn't such a convenient feature as a minimap. The player needs to have a good sense of direction or bring a map.

On my waist is a small pouch, acting as my inventory.

Open inventory.

-------------------

Inventory Space: 10/10

-1 rock 

-1 dagger

-1 flint

-1 small steel

------------------

Great! Flint and steel can help me start a fire but why was I carrying a rock??

I throw the rock out and check the bodies of my comrades. After 10 minutes, I finally find a map from a corpse wearing golden armour. 

"This must be the commander," I mumble.

*tsst...*

!

I heard something...

Shit, something is here! 

I don't have time to run! I'm too slow and weak to fight too!

As last resort, I dig in the snow and attempt to bury myself with corpses again.

*CLICK!*

"Ack...fuck..." 

Blood drips down my middle finger, part of my fingernails broke off. 

------------

-5 hp

Status Ailment "Bleeding" is applied.

------------

I dig myself a hole under the corpse and roll up into a ball before slightly kicking the snow, forcing the area to cave in and burying me below the corpse.

1 minute later, footsteps and muffled growling can be heard.

It's probably Snow Wolves, a fast and ferocious beast. At my current level, even one of them can instantly kill me. 

...

To wait, I rest for a while and close my eyes.

=============================

"Ngh..." I groan. 

Loud howling rings in my ears.

----------------

You have rested for 1 hour. 

+5 hp

Hunger: Fine -> Mild Hunger

Thirst: Fine -> Thirsty

"Bleeding" Status Ailment removed.

"Cold" Status Ailment added. 

-10% dex

Body Status:

Mild Lumbago

-----------------

Lumbago? Ah right, it's back pain because of my sleeping position.

I push the corpses aside and stretch my body. 

"Haachew!!" I sneeze.

Damn it. It's a blizzard.

I can barely see the surroundings but the wolves left. I should too. 

I take more fur and wrap it around my face before leaving. 

Although foggy, I can see some mountains near. 

"Please let there be a cave," I pray as I venture closer.

20 minutes later, my prayers were answered but not to my advantage. The cave is too small only a rabbit can fit in. 

Tch...

As I quickly rack my brain for solutions, a familiar silhouette came into sight. 

I follow it and found a rocky statue carved as a dwarf with his right arm transforming into a tentacle-like monster.

...!

I remember this! This statue is related to the main mission of the protagonist, the first campaign quest for the main story starts with finding this statue. 

And near the statue...

I go around to the back and find a map.

Yes! That's right, this is the pathway to the abandoned dwarf kingdom, an ancient city within the mountain overtaken by monsters.

Although it is dangerous, it should be fine if I set up a camp at the entrance. 

Since I memorized the map and landmarks, I quickly left and found the cave easily.

An eerie atmosphere ejects from the cave.

---------------

The atmosphere tears at your soul.

-2% overall stats.

---------------

Right, there's this debuff too.

Regardless I'm only going to stay at the entrance. As a start, I use my dagger to gather wood for a campfire. 

Let's see... I need to manually gather tinder, kindling and also the fuel wood. Dead wood should be a good dry source of wood.

It took me 3 hours collecting before I finally settle down and make my fire, striking the flint against the steel and lighting the tinder. The fire slowly spreads as I lightly fan some air into the spark.

"Finally..." I say and sit on the rock, breathless. The fire burns wildly.

...

"Ahhh..."

It's tiring...but the warmth rewards my hard work.

Exhaustion gives a massive debuff of 20% stats reduction. I should sleep...

Unable to contain myself, I doze off into a deep sleep.

=============================

The next morning, the blizzard passed by and so did my fire. I am greeted by a loud growl from my stomach.

-----------------

You have rested for 7 hours.

Hunger: Mild Hunger -> Hungry

-10% overall stats. 

Thirst: Thirsty

-5% overall stats.

-----------------

Yeah yeah, I know. I push the panel aside.

Since this is the first campaign mission, the protagonist should pass through here soon with backup. I have to survive until then.

-------------------

A Main Mission has been created!

Survive until the protagonist Rena reaches the cave. 

Reward: 5000 exp, 1 free stat.

Failure: Death

--------------------

...

I have a bad feeling. 

Whenever the game gives out missions, some bad things usually happen. 

"Whatever, I will just deal with it when it comes," I say and stand up.

386