5. Dungeon Hell(3)
6.1k 17 364
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

----------------------

What would the player like to build?

1. Spear Gun Trap 

2. Spear Trap

3. Log Trap 

"Spear Trap" has been chosen, follow the instructions given.

----------------------

I take a piece of wood from the walls of the hut and chip the tip into a sharp point. 

Afterwards, I make the rusty machinery into something similar to a crossbow and turn the cogwheel. Next, I wrap the rope connected to the makeshift spear around one cogwheel and pull it back to charge for potential momentum. 

Lastly, I tie the rope around a small table. The table is connected to a thin wire that I laid across the floor. If I pull it, the mechanism will fire the spear. 

----------------------

"Spear Trap(poor)" successfully built!

----------------------

Judging by the state of the machinery, it can probably fire two or three times.

I sigh and get up brushing the dirt off me. 

For now, I attempt to bury the goblins' corpses beside a cabin to hide them. I've crossed over to the orc's territory. The buildings here are relatively bigger and taller than the ones in the goblin's area. The number of materials in each cabin also drastically increased.

I can see some smoke and lighting near.

"A fire?"

Curiosity killed the cat but if I'm not wrong...

Following the smoke, I arrive at the source. Three orcs are munching on something around a campfire in an open space.

Hung on racks are meat...human meat, limbs specifically.

The torso...have firm meat...

One of the limbs has a metal plate stuck to it. 

Those are the bodies of trained knights, they most likely were from my squad. 

The human torsos are being barbequed above the fire. 

Another fat orc approaches the three orcs but they scorned the fat orc.

"How dare you! I am the son of the chief!" the fat orc exclaims.

"Keke...the useless one." one of the three orcs commented. The rest laughed at his mockery. 

The fat orc roars at the three orcs and stomps away in a tantrum. 

Hmm...

============================= 

"Meat...I need meat!!!" The fat orc says as it walks around.

Suddenly, it spots a familiar figure in a distance, the treasure it always wanted.

"human...? MEAT!!" It shouts and stomps after me. 

*BOOOOM!* 

With a swing of its bat, it demolished the surrounding cabin and send a wave of debris after me. 

"Heh..." a grin slides onto my face.

I bend my knees and leap up, avoiding the shockwave. 

So this is dexterity!! 

The fat bastard starts drooling. I can hear his stomach rumbling from here but we cannot fight here. I need to go somewhere more secluded.

I bring him out of the borders of the city near the walls and stop there.

"MEAAAATTT!!!!" The orc screams, charging after me with his bat held high. 

I grab three wires on the floor and pull them. 

*creak...BOOOM!* 

?!

Three crafted wooden spear shoots out from the buildings through the windows, bashing the orc's head.

"Ack?!" the orc groans. 

Despite being unable to pierce through, the spears dazed the orc. I jump in and rapidly slash its heels.

"ARGH!!" the orc stumbles but uses its bat as support. "Mere meat dares!!!" 

It stomps onto the ground with its injured feet expelling a wave that pushes me back.

In a fit of rage, it haphazardly slams its bat around him. 

"DIEEEE!!!" It screams.

The orc runs towards me with its bat up.

I grip the dagger in my hand firmly and lower my body.

When the bastard is about to swing his bat, I dive to its feet and slash its ankle.

*BOOOM!* 

"KEGHH!!! MY LEG!!" The orc cries out. It falls and drops its weapon, rolling around. 

A shadow overlooks it. The orc widens its eye at my dagger. "Human! Wait! No fight! Truce!" It begs. 

But one final thrust and I stab the dagger deep into its eye.

----------------------------

+5000 exp 

Level up!

12->15 

+3 free stats 

----------------------------

Huff...huff...

My hands are stained with blood. I throw a glance around to ensure nobody is near.

...

Next, I bring the goblin corpses and lay them around the orc's corpse. 

I attempt to hide my presence by bashing the goblins' bodies with the bat for validity and adding more cuts to the orc.

Something shiny gleams at the orc's hip.

?

I scrutinise and retrieve it to find a small smooth iron badge

!!!

Sweat falls from my chin when I put on an awkward smile.

"I've hit the jackpot..." I mumble. This orc that I killed is the third son of the Orc Chief, Kastro.

Now that I've laid the trap, I just need to wait for them to move. 

=================================

2 hours later...

=================================

The Orc Chief is an orc that has survived for a hundred years. He refined and improved its strength, evolving into a red orc with immense power. 

Thus, he refuses to be on equal footing with a mere small goblin. 

His name is Markov. 

One hour ago, Markov found his son murdered among goblin corpses. A further autopsy revealed many cuts on Kastro's lower body especially the foot. 

"...Chief...We..." Irok says, the right-hand man of Markov.

Markov stares at Kastro solemnly with veins about to explode. "Those lowly midgets dare to set foot into my territory...GNOKZ!!!!!!!!!!" Markov screams. His voice trembles throughout the dungeon.

"Keh? What? Who shouted my name?" A goblin sleeping in lustrous tent jolts. He is Gnokz, the leader of the goblins.

*BOOM!!* 

Markov smashes a hole in the wall and travels to the goblin territory. Gnokz walks out of his tent and stretches his body. Afterwards, Gnokz jumps on the tent and leaps to the wall. 

"Markov, are you going against the king?" Gnokz asks, puzzled.

"Shut up! My son was murdered by your kind!!! Are you declaring war?!" Markov exclaims.

Gnokz raises his brow and scratches his head. "What?"

364