(Vol3)139. Sewer Experiment(2)
259 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"ARGHHH!!!"

Every step leaves death. 

Three men jump in from every direction, blasting a purple explosion. 

"Hah..." I sigh from boredom within the smoke. 

"What?!"

One slash decapitates every one of the attackers. 

Those guys tried using demonic mana to kill me, another demonic human. Foolish but I can't blame them. They can't detect my demonic status, I can hide it to some extent now. 

Although the cultists are getting stronger the deeper I venture, they are still too weak. 

--------------

Objectives:

->Kill Radis(0/1)

Sub Objectives:

->Kill the "monster"(0/1)

->Kill 200 cultists (172/200)

->Find documents about the experiments. (0/1)

---------------

!

A sudden chill tickles my skin. 

At a junction with four pathways, I look around to search for the source. Nothing except blood and corpses. 

*Grrrrrrr* 

The sound of a stomach rumbling echoes. 

Above...?

I jump away before a mysterious creature crashes down. 

*BOOOM!!* 

"Haah...Haa...hehe..." says a fluctuating voice of exceptionally high tune. 

I smile. "Good, I was waiting for you." 

Radis was researching monster abilities and attempting to fuse species with species in hopes of absorbing monster attributes. This entity is his best work. 

It lacks intelligence and cannot use magic but can grow stronger by eating its prey. 

Many players in the community call it the "cheat monster". 

--------------- 

Unknown(Alias: Cheat Monster)

Strength: Infinite Growth 

Weakness: Intelligence 

Tribe: Chimera 

Status: Hungry, excited 

Lvl:271

Hp: 300000/300000

Mana: 81000/81000

Atk: 921

Def: 719

Dex: 1290

Mag: 0

Luck: 0 

---------------

Wait, that dexterity-

*BOOOM!* 

---------------

-5000 hp 

---------------

I couldn't even dodge and had to throw my guard up as the monster swiftly punched me back into a wall. 

Fucking hell...how much did this cheat monster kill? The first encounter should be easy!

--------------- 

"Eagle Eyes" activated.

--------------- 

---------------

"Weakness finder" activated.

--------------- 

It jumps at me, throwing a random flurry of attacks. I dodge every predictable attack. 

This thing is full of openings and weaknesses, relying purely on brute strength. 

I duck to avoid its sweeping arms and throw a slash with the intent to end it. However, its reaction is faster than expected as my blade only slashes a deep wound through the armpits. 

"ARGHHHH!!!!!!" A high-pitched scream erupts from the creature. 

The foreign pain invades the once invincible entity. Confused by the pain, it attempts to escape. 

"Fuck!"

It rapidly darts across the hallway from the walls to the ground to the ceiling, giving me no chance of hitting it. 

I chase it and turn a corner to find a hole in the ceiling. 

Shit! Shit! That coward!

...

"Hah...tch."

No use crying over spilt milk. 

I advance further into the lair. A thick grotesque smell rivaling the sewers permeates the air. 

"What is this conflicting smell of cheese and blood?" I mumble as I cover my nose with my arm. 

I large metal gate stands before me. On the other end are idle men, standing there like zombies. A lever is positioned beside the gate. Pulling the lever pulls the gate and attracts the idling men. 

"Hm?"

They are...mutants, other works of Radis. 

A man with tentacles as arms and a bloating face runs towards me. The tentacles extend out of his body, attempting to pierce me. 

I tilt my body as it strikes the wall behind me, the tentacles are as hard as steel. 

"Nahhh!!!" 

I jump in and split the mutant into two. Other varieties of mutants all charge at me. 

One with sharp wolf fangs pounces from above, and another with scissors-like arms and a slithering body leaps below. 

I lay low and kick off the ground, launching myself. My blade cuts through the first and second mutant with ease. 

Too weak and slow. 

After a general gauge of their power, I rip every mutant apart. 

--------------- 

Sub-objective complete!

->Kill 200 cultists

---------------

"The mutants count as cultists?" I think to myself as I wipe the blood off my face. 

A large metal door attracts my attention. That's my destination. 

One slash divides the door, revealing a small tunnel. 

I can see Radis running in the distance. 

In an instant, I catch up and smash the hilt against his head, throwing him to the ground. 

"AGHHH!! H-How are you already here, how can a mere inferior race be this strong!!??" Radis exclaims. 

"Because you are weak," I reply and pull away the storage ring on his finger. 

--------------- 

Sub-objective complete!

->Find documents about the experiments.

--------------- 

Alright, everything is here. 

"Don't be so cocky!"

"You are one to talk," I reply. 

"The day of the demons is inevitable! Your strength is nothing in front of Lord Zerstorung and my fellow demon warriors!"

I smile. "I know, for now. But don't worry, I will kill Zerstorung eventually." I raise my sword.

"My lord will-" 

"That's enough."

His head flies off with one swing, sprinkling the dirt with red. 

--------------- 

Congratulations! You have successfully conquered "Radis' Lair".

--------------- 

--------------- 

Side mission completed!

Rewards:

+2 million exp 

+1 Dragon's Bladder 

+1 Beast Pill 

Bonus rewards:

+3.5 million exp 

+1 Mutant Blood Essence 

+1 Lily Blood 

--------------- 

Haha! Nice! I can proceed with my class advancement with these ingredients. 

But before that, let's deal with this laboratory. 

I take out my communication orb and contact Melissa. 

"Arsto? It's been some time, and my workload has tripled from the recent chaos. Are you the culprit?" Melissa says. 

"Haha...maybe? It's a pity I'm calling you for a favour."

"Hah...Fine, let's chat next time. What's going on?"

I told her about the incident and the location. Soon, BOV officers swarm the area to apprehend the culprits. 

A young officer, the leader of the squad, approaches me and bows. "Greetings, sir Arsto, I'm Adam Levia." He extends his hand out. 

I take his hand. "Levia? Are you Melissa's brother?"

Adam smiles. "Yes, her younger brother. My sister often tells me stories about you, it's an honour to finally meet you."

Indeed, Adam looks like Melissa with his blonde hair and black eyes, albeit not heterochromia, and there is one thing that clearly runs in their family...

He is short. 

...

"I am slightly taller than my sister," Adam says as if he read my mind. 

"Sorry, I have no mocking intentions."

"It's alright...I've gotten used to it."

"Oh right, here." 

I pass Adam the storage ring with the documents. "I trust you to handle this?" 

Adam smiles brightly. "Yes, I will! Don't worry about a thing!" 

And he truly delivers his speech with actions. 

Rumours of a backstage organisation controlling the government have spread far and wide but many find it too ridiculous to believe. But with clear concrete evidence sprouting from every corner of the country. The reality of the rumour is nigh. 

Therefore the BOV, even corrupted ones, are forced to take action and investigate. 

The Order has been exposed to the public.

19