Chapter 334: Blazing Spells
593 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Caena
 
Rup!
 
Three charms burned in front of me, releasing the spells of power, through them, covering the whole horde within seconds.
 
The mages they sent immediately sensed something had happened, but they couldn’t find out what. 
 
There are only four Lv. 20+ mages; the rest eighteen are below Lv. 20. These people couldn’t do anything against my spells, aside from strengthening the undead with their spells and skills.
 
The spells are strong and strengthened further by the power of the establishment, but it is a horde dealing with not a few thousand undead. 
 
There are twenty-five thousand undead in front of me. The charms are far from enough to deal with them, but it is not all I have.
 
Dusk Light X 10. Sticky Drizzle X 10
 
I took a deep breath and activated the spells. Immediately, the spells came to life above the undead.
 
The establishment had self-destructed, not a legacy. For most legacies, it is the same thing, but our legacy is different.
 
The core is fine, only the shell has been destroyed. 
 
If we had self-destructed the core, then the entire city would have vapored. The power contained in the Grade II legacy’s core is truly massive. Even the Grand Mage would die, if they were caught in it,
 
Dust Bright is a divine spell that enveloped a small area in dusky light. Sticky Drizzle, release drizzle, and this drizzle are stickly; it also has the side effect of absorbing the things around it.
 
Both of them are Grade II spells, but their power is enhanced to Grade II, and I had activated ten each at the same time.
 
The effect is clear.
 
Ten Dusk Bright spells covered a large area and the divine energy of it began to attack the undead. At the same time, drizzle fell on their bodies and stuck to them while absorbing the dusky light filled with divine energy, which did double damage.
 
The smoke had started to come out of their bodies as the light and rain fell on them.
 
They are behaving like it is burning them, and it is. Divine power is the bane of the undead, and it is killing them.
 
The mages tried to stop it, but there were too many spells; they 
 
The hundreds of undead fell down, and within seconds, their numbers reached over a thousand. It took a few seconds more before the spells finally stopped; killing over fifteen hundred undead.
 
“Leave and you will survive and stay and I will kill you all,” I said with my voice spreading across the horde.
 
I could see the fear on the faces of mages. Some had stopped in their tracks before they resumed moving with the horde.
 
‘They are not stopping.’ I thought worriedly.
 
We are less than five minutes away from the safe zone. I wanted to attack immediately after the horde separated, but I couldn’t do anything, lest it spooked the commander and they change the strategy.
 
The commander needed to lead the horde from the establishment. If he hadn't, we would have needed to use spells against them, which wouldn’t have much effective.
 
Seeing there is a Lich and Necromancers capable of casting a Grade IV spell and tens of other mages casting a Grade III.
 
I had only acted after the horde attacked the army, but that gave the horde a chance to get closer to the safe zone.
 
I could see guards lined up to defend against the undead, and behind them were the volunteers. Their hands shook as they watched the undead with fear. If these undead had gone there with such numbers; there would be a massacre.
 
There is a reason why Stone didn’t use all the volunteers and only those who had the combat classes. These volunteers, who are holding the weapons in shaking hands, could barely fight.
 
The guards could fight, but there are only a thousand of them. They are far from enough to deal with such a huge number of undead.
 
‘Since you aren't listening, you have left me no choice,’ I thought and activated the spells.
 
Dusks Brights X 10. Sticky Drizzle X 10
 
Once again, I released the spells in the same quantity, but mages seemed prepared to deal with it this time. 
 
Seeing that, a bloody smile couldn’t help but appear on my face. I had given them a chance, but they didn’t listen.
 
Earth Spike X 10. Earth Lances X 5
 
I attacked and a second later; panic appeared among the mages. The Earth Spike tore through ten mages and the Earth Lances from above killed two, while the three were injured.
 
In just a second, I had killed ten below Lv. 2O mages and two Level 20+ mages, while injuring three.
 
These are Valentina’s spells; they are stronger than normal spells. These mages stand no chance against them.
 
“Leave, there is still a chance,” I said, giving them another chance.
 
Immediately, three mages left, but the remaining two Level 20+ mages cast the spells and killed them. 
 
Their ruthlessness shocked me; that I wasn’t able to react for a moment.
 
“There is no retreat, without a victory,” said shouted the mage.
 
Seeing there is no way, they will leave. I resumed my attacks; it didn’t take much effort to kill the rest of below Level 20 mages, but killing the two Lv. 20+ is turning out to be difficult.
 
They had stopped resisting my attacks on the undead and focused on their safety.
 
I continued with the attack on the horde and the mages, before finally, I was able to kill another Lv. 20+ mage, leaving only one mage in the whole horde.
 
He is the same one who had shouted.
 
I had also killed over ten thousand undead, but it wasn’t enough, seeing there were less than five hundred meters remaining between the safe zone and the undead.
 
They are moving fast toward them.
 
When the lich separated the horde from the big horde. It had locked it on the life signatures of this place. So, even if I killed all the mages; the horde would keep moving toward it.
 
Still, killing the mage is important and I am going to use more power than he deserves to kill him.
 
Stone Bramble X 5.
 
The delicate brambles of stone came out around the mage. He used the shield and defended against quite some of them before finally caught him and once they did, it was over him.
 
‘He was one talented mage,’ I thought.
 
Few of his level would have been able to survive as long as he did, against so many spells. He defended against more spells, than his three counterparts combined.
 
I didn’t spend more than a moment thinking about him and focused on the horde moving toward the safe zone.
 
I attacked them with spell after spell and killed nearly fourteen thousand of them when they had finally reached the guards. 
 
There is not only a hundred meters of distance between them.
 
Bang Bang Bang!
 
The mines blasted as the undead stepped on them. Of course, Stone had placed mines here. They and my spells killed thousands of them before they finally clashed against the guards.
 
Hun!
 
I didn’t stop with the spells and continued to release them when I noticed two other hands pulling the power and joining me with the spells.
 
Seeing that, a smile appeared on my face.
 
A moment later, two groups of spells appeared. One had enhanced the guards, while the other brought bright radiant light on the zombies, killing them.
 
….
 
 
Margaux
 
Radiant Bliss X 3
 
The spell activated, and radiant light covered the undead. It began to kill the undead as it clashed against the death energy in the undead.
 
Radiant Bliss, a Grade II light elemental spell.
 
It only weakens the undead, but it is jumping from the grade. It was able to kill the undead.
 
The number of undead are huge. They were so terrifying, that when I had seen it; I wasn’t able to react for a few seconds.
 
“I am having a hard time believing that we killing these horrifying undead in doves,” I said as I activated the spells again. I want to cast more, but I am at the limit. Caena had informed me how much spells we should use when the three of us pulled the power.
 
We need to keep some space open for Master Silver, who is fighting the other horde with powerful enemies.
 
I was watching that battle with the Far Gaze spell, and it was terrifying. The powerful spells and skills flying there made me shudder to my core.
 
I don’t think, even with this power; I will be able to survive there.
 
“I had a hard time believing too, till I killed the assassin,” said Carla beside me; shaking in fear.
 
Assassin had attacked Carla, and she killed them. I came to know, a few minutes ago, when we came here.
 
We are on the roof of the tallest building near the guards. From here, we can target them better, while being safe and anonymous.
 
“I hope, I will be able to cast spells as powerful as these in my life,” I said with my voice barely more than a whisper. 
 
I had barely started casting a spell, and I was already dreaming of becoming a full mage. It is hard, most mages can’t reach this level.
 
“You will,” said Carla, while throwing the spells at the undead. 
 
They are dumb, but they are horrifying. They will keep coming, no matter how many slashes one gives them or limbs, one cut. The only way to kill them is to cut their head or sap the death energy from their bodies.
 
Though cutting their head is the most efficient approach or burning them, we couldn’t use such a spell where our people are fighting. 
 
They are also not as efficient as the light spells or divine spells.
 
“We are slow,” I said after a minute, seeing many undead slipping through the guards. We are targeting them, but there are thousands and spreading in every direction.
 
I could see the volunteers from behind moving at them. Some were able to kill the undead, while others got frozen in fear and got killed by the undead.
 
These undead were said to be weak, but only to the trained warriors who had some experience in fighting. These volunteers knew how to swing weapons, but they never fought and didn’t have the class.
 
We killed and helped as many as we could, but more undead, are pouring inside the safe zone.
 
Seeing that, I couldn’t help, but feel horrified.
 
I wish I had been a little more experienced in battle. I would have been more efficient with spells. I would have helped the guards better. Today is the day I got this access and now fighting against the horde of undead.
 
They are terrifying me to the soul and, if not for me, wanting to protect my girls and other people. I would have been hiding in my room.
 
“I am going down,” said Carla and white mist covered her as she walked out of the roof, while I kept attacking from it.
 
I wanted to follow behind her, but I needed to be here to deal with the undead attacking the guards. 
 
Thousands of undead are still attacking the guards, overwhelming them. Seeing them die, I wanted to close my eyes and cry, but I channeled it all and kept throwing spells at them.
 
This is the least I could do.

Still, Craving? Click Patreon.

21