Chapter 343: End of Lich II
537 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lich Savais
 
“How can this be?” I asked, as the revelation hit me. It is so, shocking that my soul begins to shake.
 
Entertainment Legacies don’t cast spells. I had never heard of one capable of casting it. The legacies that could cast spells are extremely rare.
 
Most of them are magic towers and a few are arenas and some other things. They are extremely rare. In this entire continent of Zenid, where there are nearly a hundred legacies and only two are capable of it.
 
The archmage tower is a prime example. It is a terror; it is considered the most powerful legacy, after the three titans.
 
Now, this bastard’s legacy is shooting the spells, and they are powerful, Grade III spells, despite their structure being a Grade II. They shouldn’t have been able to jump the grade, but they are somehow doing it.
 
I calmed my turbulent emotions and began to think rationally.
 
A second later, a smile appeared on my face. Even, the powerful urge to escape had vanished my heart and also the feeling to kill him.
 
I really like to kill the bastard, but him being alive is more important to me.
 
His deathless would be extremely pleased by the news. I wanted to send the message immediately, but I did not.
 
I am high enough in a hierarchy that nobody would read the message sent by me directly to his deathless, but there are always people taking risks and I have no dearth of enemies that would like to see me fall.
 
The news is too big. Its value is immense.
 
It would be a great idiocy to let others know of this news. I need to tell him the news personally to get the greatest benefits. If I played my cards right, then I might be able to get the specially forged body from his deathless; it will help me tremendously.
 
I have to contain the news and defeat this bastard without killing him, which wouldn’t be easy.
 
Till now, it had defended against all my attacks. It seemed like, I would really need to use my trump spells. Which came with another problem, the energy to cast them.
 
I am quite low on it. Less than 15% of it had remained. 
 
Usually, it is not a problem for me as I continue to get a constant supply of it from my phylactery. If I really need it, I could also pull it from the undead or the environment of heavy death.
 
The bastard has used the power of his legacy to stop the energy coming at me.
 
There is also a large of death mana here, but the bastard is denying it to me. He is also preventing me from taking mana from the undead. If I had access to energy, I wouldn’t have been worried about using my trump spells.
 
Hun!
 
I was in my thoughts when suddenly I saw the ice spears coming, shining in radiant light.
 
I was surprised to see the attack. It was the first time he had used an offensive spell; it seemed like he was getting desperate. He might not show it, but a person smart like him clearly understood the consequences of his secret.
 
Dark Frost Shield
 
My staff lit up, and the shield appeared in front of me. The attack is powerful for a Grade 3 spell, but I am High-Mage and even with suppressions, my spells are more than strong enough to effortlessly defend against it.
 
Bang Bang Bang
 
The spells clashed against the shield and scattered into the dust. I could see his expressions turning worse.
 
I smiled, but a moment later, my expression turned somber, and cast, the first of my trump spells.
 
Soul Freeze.
 
It is a Grade IV spell of death and soul element. My most powerful spell, through which I had killed a Grand Mage.
 
It is a spell exclusive to Liches. The necromancers could cast it, but they couldn’t bring out the power as we could. We are experts in soul and our souls are stronger, with greater attunement to the death element.
 
I am being extremely careful with it; I don’t want to kill the golden egg.
 
It seemed to sense it and tried to move, while defensive spells appeared around him. I was surprised to see, that they soul defensive spell.
 
They are powerful and have enough numbers that they would have been able to stop the spell. If it had been cast by the necromancer, but mine is stronger. It was from his deathless’s collection and all the spells in it are powerful.
 
It is very good against such defensive spells.
 
The invisible attack reached the shields and crushed through one shield after another. By the time, it had reached the bastard; it still had over 50% of its power.
 
Hun!
 
I could see the horror on his face as his face as the attack struck him. Seeing that, a smile appeared on my face, but it remained there only for a second before it froze when I saw the horror on his face turned to grin.
 
“I had expected the soul attack from the lich to be powerful, but it is just so-so,” he mocked, making my heart burn in anger.
 
I was able to control it barely.
 
“How were you able to deal with the attack?” I asked, to which the grin on his face became bigger.
 
“You will know soon enough,” he replied, and I wanted to kill the bastard and this time, I didn’t control my anger and cast my second trump spell. 
 
Soul Spikes!
 
I saw invisible spikes of the soul element materialize. It is an area spell, but I am concentrating it all on him. This time, I didn’t care whether I would seriously injure him. If he gets injured, his deathless will heal him.
 
He sensed the attack, and the shields appeared around him to protect him, but the spikes tore through the shields around him, before reaching him.
 
I watched him as the spikes hit him, but there was barely any reaction from him.
 
“It seemed like; I had underestimated you,” I said with my teeth clattering, looking into his smug eyes. 
 
The spells didn’t hit him but ended up costing me a lot of energy.
 
“For it, you will pay with your life,” he said and began to take a step toward me. Till now, he had always maintained the distance between us, but now he is walking toward me with no fear in his eyes.
 
I felt fear for the first time and that turned into rage. Now, I didn’t care about the consequences anymore.
 
I am going to use that spell despite the cost and dangers. It will kill him or turn him into a vegetable, but I don’t care. The only thing, I care about is wiping that smug smile off his face.
 
Soul Drain!
 
I cast my strongest spell and immediately felt the weakness as a small part of me was cut by the spell, but it powered the spell. So much that the smug smile on the enemy’s face had wiped out.
 
Multiple shields appeared around him, but just as they appeared, they turned to dust. They had not even lasted for a moment before being destroyed.
 
The spell hit him, and I saw his expression change to pain. I expected him to scream raw, but he just gritted his teeth and blood came out of his eyes and nose as he looked at me.
 
“I have to say; the spell is quite strong. It had injured me, and I will return the gift by reaping your life,” he said with a bloody smile, and something appeared in his hand.
 
Seeing it, my eyes couldn’t help but widen, and I cast Haste and Ghost Wind immediately to run as far away from that thing, as before he activated it. 
 
I had been an idiot; I should have guessed when he defended against my soul attacks.
 
Only they are powerful enough to defend against our attacks. They are one of a few people that his deathless had warned us to be careful of.
 
I need to get away from the bastard as soon as possible. 
 
I had even cast the message. I didn’t even care about the news spreading, I needed to inform the deathless as soon as possible. 
 
Hun!
 
I cast the message spell, and immediately my expression changed when I saw the message repelled back to me.
 
“Fucking witches!” I cursed and ran even faster when I felt something enveloping me. 
 
“Oh, no!” I said with fear filling my heart as I felt my power decreasing. 
 
Grade 4 spells that were mine to cast felt restricted. I know, I would not be able to cast them in a short time and that scared me to death.
 
I felt a genuine fear for the first time since I stepped into this wasteland.
 
….
 
The charm burned with the activation and covered the lich. I felt its effect on the lich as it began to slow down rapidly. Its Grade 4 spells disappearing, and it won’t be able to cast another one for a few minutes.
 
There are three spells that Caena had given me. One, she had given me one while activated two with her own hands in the afternoon.
 
The first spell is of the soul protection, which she considered paramount. According to her, my legacy is entwined with my soul. All legacies are, but mine is at a much deeper level.
 
It is why, even if someone cast a Grade 6 spell on the establishment and turned it into dust. It will remain unaffected.
 
It won’t matter if the enemy destroys every inch of my legacy. It will remain as long as I am alive. No harm will come to it, even if my enemies had destroyed a hundred shells; it will not do anything.
 
In her words. I am the true legacy.
 
The second spell was the communication blockade. I had asked her to craft this spell. It is only covering the establishment.
 
It is to protect my biggest secret.
 
Enemies would only realize the truth here when I am against them alone, and that could only happen here. It is very hard on the battlefield with tens of mages; they would not guess even in their dreams that legacy is casting the spell.
 
The third one, I had activated. It is a powerful suppression spell. 
 
Caena isn’t weak, she is as strong as this lich. She had told me, she had crossed Lv. 30, before her class upgraded and regressed in level, but not in power.
 
The Lich had turned to Mage from High-Mage. His spells are as strong as mine now. 
 
The reason I had waited so long and spent so much emotion essence was because Stone had told me, to do it after it had spent a lot of its energy. It will give me a better chance of killing it, compared to when it was at its full strength.
 
Even at Grade III. Dealing with it wouldn’t be an easy kill. It, being low on energy will make things much easier.
 
Sup Sup Sup!
 
The lich reacted immediately and sent bone lances toward me, while Bone Construct also came at me, but their speed was much slower than before.
 
Bang Bang Bang!
 
I looked at the lances, and the shields appeared in front of me and the smile on my face.
 
I had fought with it, but I have not revealed my full spells and all tricks of my establishment. 
 
It is time; I show that, and I am doing it same time.
 
Blessing of Dusk X 6. Radiance of Dusk X 6. Sword of Dusk X 6.
 
I activated eighteen divine spells at once, and I activated it right at it, barely an inch away from its skin, or rather the bones.
 
Me saying it is my domain; it is not just the pretty words. It is the truth.
 
I could activate the spell at any place, by passing the field of presence. That is around every person, it is especially powerful among mages, and it is extremely difficult to cast a spell close to them, but I am casting it to an inch.
 
Even that inch wouldn’t have remained. If not for the difference in level.
 
It sensed the attraction and was able to cast spells. The spells that hadn't fully formed and were being suppressed. It didn’t take much effort for my spells to break through them and strike the Lich.
 
Ahhhhhh!
 
The lich had stopped in its tracks and screamed.
 
Eighteen divine spells are too much; a well-hit single spell could do good damage and there are eighteen. They are of the divine element, the anathema of the undead.
 
Blessing of Dusk X 6. Radiance of Dusk X 6. Sword of Dusk X 6.
 
I didn’t waste any seconds, or care for the cost before I hit it with another eighteen spells. I don’t want to take any chances; I like to finish the bastard as soon as possible.
 
Hun!
 
I reached close, but not too close as I watched the lich burn in the divine energy, when I sensed something.
 
Its body fell down, but I am not looking at it. I am looking at the soul floating above. It had sacrificed the body to save the soul.
 
The soul is invisible to normal eyes but in my domain. It is clear as the day.
 
‘You will pay for this bastard. I will tell his deathless everything. You just watch how he will turn your life into hell!’ he threatened in a ghostly voice and moved at incredible speed.
 
“You will not!” I said and an iron-grey planet, with faint translucent silver, appeared in front of me.
 
I gently tapped on it.
 
Immediately, the plant covered the whole territory of the establishment, before shrinking and appearing in front of me as before.
 
Though now it is not empty anymore. There is something inside.
 
I looked inside the planet and saw the lich bound by hundreds of iron-silvery translucent chains, screaming, struggling to get away.

Visit Patreon to read 15 Advanced Chapters.

22