Chapter 361: Siblings
541 3 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emer
 
I looked at the young man, whom I had heard about for years. He is so different from what she had described him to be.
 
She had said, he was the most gifted person he had seen and likely had joined the imperial knights. 
 
It was his dream. She had said.
 
When I reached the Rendfawn, three weeks and a half weeks ago. I heard different things. He is a merchant and adviser to a noble in the frontier city. 
 
And a host of the legacy.
 
Legacies. The most dangerous things in the world. After Oton, I had to swear, that I would never step into one, yet I am standing in another one.
 
Destroyed to every inch, but not dead. I could feel its effects and see the mist. I am, surprised that it didn't fill my heart with dread immediately.
 
It used to be for years whenever I felt the mist against my skin.
 
Now, he is a lord of the city. The one, who had fought against the undead and gained an impressive victory over them.
 
I looked at him, and the similarities with the women I know are striking. The same facial structure, the hair; the only thing he didn't seem to get from her was the color of his skin and the eyes.
 
Those silvery-grey eyes turned to me. I felt wisdom in them, that a man of his age should not have. They stayed on me for a second before moving to the children behind me.
 
When suddenly his eyes became intense, and a faint mist swirling around froze in its place. I followed his eyes and saw him looking at the girl. 
 
'Blood recognizes blood,' I thought and followed behind the old man with children. Soon, we reached the young man, who was still looking at her. 
 
Usually, she is shy and hides behind her brother, but now she is looking at a young man, without hiding.
 
"Who is she?" he asked, without looking away from her.

 
"She is your sister," replied Hendricks. "At least, it is what this man is claiming to be," he added, looking at the middle-aged man beside him. 
 
Strangely, I am not shocked or even surprised.
 
"So, she is alive," I said after a moment of silence and looked at the carriage. I know it is empty.
 
I am talking about my mother. The woman, I and everyone thought, to be dead. The young girl looked so much like her.
 
"Mr. Emer saying she is," replied the old man. I turned my eyes to the middle-aged man. 
 
"Where is she?" I asked. 
 
"Masal Colosseum," he replied. 
 
The name is familiar; it took me a fraction of a second to remember all the information about it. It is shocking.
 
Masal Colosseum is one of the twelve heavenly colosseums of Oton. It ranked fourth in the twelve. 
 
A legacy.
 
"Is she, my sister?" I asked, looking at the girl. Though not before covering us with the privacy.
 
I already know the answer, but I don't want to let my emotions drive me. There is magic in the world, which affects these kinds of things and I want to be absolutely sure.
 
"She is the daughter of Esa Raak," he replied.
 
I didn't say anything to that and turned to Zela. "Do a test," I said to her. To which she nodded; I didn't have to tell her the kind of test, I wanted her to do.
 
"Give me your finger," she said, and I did. She touched it with her staff, and it lit up. I felt a sharp pain for a moment before a drop of blood came out of my finger.
 
She took a staff back with the drop of blood and took a step toward the child. The boy immediately stepped in front of her protectively.
 
"Don't worry, it will only hurt for a moment," she said to him. He kept looking at her a moment, before turning to a middle-aged man, who nodded.
 
He hesitated for a second before stepping aside but still remained close to the child.
 
"Give me your finger, child," said Zela gently. The girl obeyed after looking at the boy, and Zela moved her staff toward her finger.
 
She didn't immediately take the blood, but first covered her palm with icy mist, before drawing out the blood from her hand. There was barely any change in the girl's face as she took her blood.
 
Seeing that, I felt relieved. I don't want to see her hurt.
 
Zela closed her eyes and her staff lit up. A moment later, a shining watery string came out and pierced through the drop of my blood. It came out to the other side and moved toward the girl's blood before piercing through it.
 
For a few seconds, nothing happened, before the line of string between the two-blood turned red.
 
Zela opened her eyes and turned to me.
 
"She is your relative," she confirmed. "Call Bishop Merial. Ask her to come here as soon as possible." I said. 
 
She nodded, while I turned to the man with the mustache.
 
"She had disappeared for over a decade. There was no message, no letters. So, why contact now and even send a child?" I asked, feeling really confused and a host of other strong emotions that I am barely containing in my heart.
 
I am Remus, his soul had merged with mine. I am feeling all the emotions he would have felt if he had been in my place.
 
"Only she could provide an answer to that question, but this letter may shed some light on it," he said and handed me the letter.
 
I took it, but didn't open. Just kept looking at it.
 
"I may not know all the reason for her action, but I could tell you one. Masal Colosseum; is different from what you had heard about it. The masters love secrets and they will use each one against you,"
 
"In over a decade she had been there, she had revealed very little. I got to know her real name, the day, I left the colosseum," he said, smiling mirthlessly.
 
I didn't say anything and waved my hand. Immediately, several chairs and tables appeared around us, surprising them.
 
It will take a few minutes for Bishop to arrive. There is no use to keep standing, especially for the children.
 
"Please, sit everyone," I said, took a seat, and they sat after me. 
 
Carla sat beside the children and took out the snacks from the vault. They are bar snacks, like nuts and chips, but the children could eat them.
 
They looked at the middle-aged man and only when he nodded did, they take the bowls of snacks.
 
"When did you leave, Oton?" I asked, the middle-aged man. "About three months ago," he replied, surprising me. "It was pirates; it took quite an effort to get away from them," he added.
 
"It wouldn't have been easy," I said.
 
"It was not, especially for the children," he replied, turning to the children.
 
I didn't ask him anything further and laid back in the chair in waited. There are a hundred questions in my heart, but no mood to ask them till, I am sure. 
 
Zela had confirmed it, but there are magics in the world that could manipulate such things. I need to be absolutely sure because I don't think, that once I believe it, I will not be able to unbelieve it.
 
I could feel the truth, but I don't want to trust that too.
 
Fifteen minutes passed when the carriage with the flag of the church of dusk came. It stopped and an elf wearing a priestly robe walked out.
 
"Lord Silver," she greeted. "Your Excellency, thank you for coming at such short notice," I said gratefully, to which she smiled.
 
"What can I do for you, my lord?" she asked. "I was hoping that you could do the blood test," I said to her. She seemed surprised and her eyes turned, before stopping at the child.
 
"You and this child, I assume?" she asked, looking at the girl. I nodded and the drops of blood flew toward her from Zela.
 
Dusky light covered the blood drops but covered our bodies. It is strong and since it is dusk, her spells are at the strongest. 
 
The shine lasted for a couple of seconds before he wore off. Her glowing eyes turned normal, and she turned to me.
 
"She is your sister. Half-sister, technically. She and you share mother," she said, confirming what Zela had said.
 
"Thank you, Your Excellency," I said to the woman. She smiled and walked away. 
 
The convention and divine magic had given the same answer. Now, the last one; the one, I trust the most.
 
I turned to the drops of blood, enveloped them in a ball of mists, and sent them toward the center of the establishment. This test will be the hardest to manipulate; Caena is going to test the blood with the core.
 
It is extremely hard to mess with the legacy's core. Even by those with higher leveled legacies.
 
It didn't take long, and I got the answer; it was the same as I had felt.
 
"She is my sister," I said with a sigh. I don't know, what to feel about it. I never had a child and while I had a sister, she was older.
 
"Both of them are your siblings. Your mother adopted him, nine years ago," he said, dropping another bomb. 
 
'Of course, she had,' I thought.
 
I looked at the boy, who had been very protective of the girl. I should have guessed it. It is clear looking at them; they have a strong bond with each other.
 
"Hello, I am Remus," I introduced myself. I tried to be gentle, but it felt awkward. I had never been good with children and never had much contact with them, other than with neighbors' kids.
 
"I am Heron. This is a Josie," the boy replied, while the girl kept looking at me.
 
"Are you, my brother?" she asked finally. Her voice is soft, that it is barely audible, and there is a nervousness and fear in her eyes, but also hope and expectation. 
 
"Yes, I am," I replied and for some reason, tears welled up in my eyes for this admission.
 
"Mommy said we will need to stay with you," she said. "You will," I said to her and wanted to hug her, instead I turned to the middle-aged man.
 
"Thank you for bringing them to me," I said. "It is the least, I could do to repay all the favors I owed to your mother," he replied, I smiled and turned to Carla.
 
"Take them home," I said to her.
 
They are clearly tired, and I don't know what to say to them. It is better for Carla to take them home and let them rest. 
 
It will also allow me to process all this.
 
"Come, kids," she said to them. They once again looked at the middle-aged man. "You shouldn't look at me for permission anymore. You are at your brother. He is your guardian now," he said.
 
The children didn't say anything and went with Carla while I turned to the middle-aged man again.
 
"I have so many questions, but am in no state to ask them," I said to the middle-aged man. "I will stay in the city for a few days. Call me whenever you are ready," He replied. I nodded at him gratefully.

For more, Tap PATREON Below.

27