Chapter 2: Taking things differently
2.2k 6 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Downstairs Ichigo found his father, Isshin and his two little sisters Yuzu and Karin waiting for him.

"What took you so long? Come in, we were about to start without you." Isshin said which made Alex glare at him as he was reminded of how he was woken up from his sleep by this guy.

Alex calmed himself down by taking deep breaths before sitting down on the chair.

"Good morning Oni Chan." Yuzu said in her sweet voice while smiling whereas Karin just nodded at him.

Alex nodded at them in return. He was soon served rice in a bowl by Yuzu which he ate without worry.

Seeing this Isshin said, "Look at my daughter she's just like an angel helping her lazy ass brother by giving serving him rice."

"Doesn't that also make you a lazy ass since she served it to you too?" Karin said by his side which made Isshin unable to retort.

Isshin ran towards his wife's frame and cried while wiping his tears off a napkin"Misaki! See our daughter, Karin has finally got her way with the words...I'm so happy for her."

"Could you stop that you baka!" Karin shouted at her father from embarrassment.

Alex was an orphan so he was never familiar with how it feels to eat meals with family members so this was a first for him. He remembers seeing this scene in anime and manga and now being able to experience it himself made him a bit emotional inside.

He had somehow now started accepting his new identity of Ichigo. After eating the meal Ichigo went back to his room to get ready. He soon changed his clothes and went out to school.

At least that's what his plans were initially but it changed the moment he heard an ear-piercing scream. This screen was very familiar to the one he heard in the anime. This meant that a hollow was nearby.

Ichigo was dumb so he might have run towards the sound but he wasn't. He started moving right opposite the source of the sound. As he turned back Ichigo saw a short figure dressed in black with a Katana on her waist running past him.

It was Rukia. Ichigo had just doubted things a bit at first but now it became clear to him that today was the day his family would get attacked.

With this in mind, Ichigo first decided to move far away from his house to make sure nothing happens to his family members.

He soon moved to a secluded area in the mountains after walking for more than an hour. He made sure to be in an open area so that Rukia could discover him and then deal with the hollow herself.

He wasn't interested in becoming a soul reaper at all and didn't mind if those above would erase the human world. Since all the humans would disappear from existence simultaneously it didn't affect him a bit.

He would just have his fun here till he can before dying with rest. Ichigo soon found himself sitting on the top of a tree and lying down to relax while waiting for the sun to set.

He had bought some snacks and water along the way so he could easily do so without worry. Hours passed slowly but Ichigo wasn't perturbed because he was used to being patient thanks to his former profession.

Finally, when it was around seven thirty in the evening he saw the appearance of Rukia. She started patrolling the area as she said "Strange, I felt the aura of hollow moving right here why did it suddenly disappear."

Listening to her Ichigo thought that it was mostly because his own spiritual pressure was interfering with the surroundings. He wasn't expecting it to do so even in an open area like this but if the hollow came close she would still be able to clearly see it.

And just like he had thought the hollow soon arrived which made Rukia battle ready as she bolted towards it.

Unlike what has happened originally where due to Rukia being in a confused mental state she easily got defeated by the hollow. She was battling it out with it quite confidently and the fight seemed to be in her favour but it was only by a little.

"Why is this hollow much stronger than a normal one?" Rukia thought to herself while blocking the hollow's face with her Zanpakto.

The hollow suddenly tilted her face a little and slid past Rukia's sword before biting deep into her shoulder.

In retaliation, Rukia stabbed her Zanpakto right inside the hollow's neck which made him throw her towards a nearby tree.

Seeing Rukia's body flying towards the trunk of the tree, where he was hiding, Ichigo grabbed hold of the branches tightly. Falling now was the last thing on his mind.

The hollow slowly approached Rukia's trembling body lying beside the tree trunk. Ichigo knew that if Rukia fails then the hollow would come after him but he still didn't help her because he was waiting for someone else.

Just like he had predicted before the hollow could come any closer to Rukia, Urahara made an appearance and killed the hollow with a single slash from his Zanpakto.

"Well well..with these injuries it will take a while for you to recover your powers Kuchiki San," Urahara said as he approached her.

Seeing that the hollow was defeated Rukia's consciousness faded away from the exhaustion. Approaching Rukia Urahara asked Tessai who was beside him "Is the body ready?"

"It is," Tessai replied. Listening to him Urahara sighed "I can only prolong it for now. Hopefully, something happens in the soul society during these months that will turn the winds in our favour."

After saying that Urahara went back to his shop along with Tessai who has the unconscious Rukia over his shoulder.

Seeing that everything was over Ichigo finally took a breath of relief and started walking towards his home. He didn't want to meddle in others' business when he could live an easy life as a human.

Ichigo soon reached back to his house where he was welcomed by a flying kick from his father who was laying in ambush for him. He was fortunately prepared this time and easily dodged the attack. After a bit of bickering with the man, he soon reached his room and fell down on his bed facing up.

47