Chapter 2: Weak
1.1k 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Weak

 

Okay.

 

I was excited over getting a maid...but now?

 

I’m super excited because I’m getting two, Heh, I am the main protagonist after all.

 

Pretending to be calm, I replied to Anabelle

 

Hmm, let’s see noble etiquette lesson number 4, never bow to others, unless they are the king or noble of higher standing.

 

So, I slightly nodded my head and introduced myself

 

“The pleasures all mine, I hope you treat me well”

 

She bowed once again and then decided to stand behind me like Sirisa.

 

My mother chose this moment to start talking.

 

“Well, You’re probably wondering, where they came from, right?”

 

Of course, especially after I used my [Eyes of Appraisal] on them.

 

Spoiler

______________________________________________________________________

 

Name: Anabelle

 

Race: Elf

 

Title: Maid of Silver Grimshard

 

Level: 20

 

Class: Elementalist

 

HP: 5200/5200

 

MP: 9365/9365

 

STR: 347

 

END: 326

 

MAG: 486

 

DEX: 367

 

Skills:

 

Maid training {Common} LV: MAX

 

To serve one’s Master

 

The ability to be a maid; has reached the highest level of being a maid.

 

Spirit’s Blessing {Epic} LV: MAX

 

One who has gained favour and protection from the Spirits

 

The wielder of this skill is one blessed by the spirits themselves.

 

Effects: Ability to contract higher ranks of spirits.

 

Spirit Contract {Rare} LV: 10

 

A Contract with boundless potential

 

The ability to contract with spirits.

 

Contracted spirits: Sylph

 

______________________________________________________

[collapse]

 

I know for a fact, that an Elementalist is extremely rare, and only a select few can become ones, it’s more common amongst elves, but it is still extremely rare, it was one in a thousand for Elves, and it was one in a million for Humans.

 

I felt as if these two were meant to be my bodyguards rather than maids.

 

Anabelle had a magic list as well, but I skipped it, for now, to appraise my other maid.

 

Spoiler

____________________________________________________________

 

Name: Sirisa

 

Race: Elf

 

Title: Maid of Silver Grimshard, Wielder of Claíomh Solais.

 

Level: 370

 

Class: Magic Swordsman

 

HP: 188230/188230

 

MP: 99150/99150

 

STR: 8890

 

END: 7056

 

MAG: 7964

 

DEX: 7543

 

Skills: 

 

Maid training {Common} LV: 0

 

To serve one’s Master

 

The ability to be a maid, having barely begun they are almost incompetent at being a maid.

 

Brightest Star in the Nightsky {Unique} Lv: MAX

 

Not leading anywhere, the brightest star grants comfort in the night

 

Grants various effects

 

Master Swordsmanship {Rare} Lv:15

 

To take a sword to its limits 

 

Ability to wield a sword with precise and graceful technique.

 

Enchanted Blade {Mystic} Lv: 19

 

Guiding mana within blades

 

The ability to infuse a sword with many forms of mana.

 

 

___________________________________________________________

[collapse]

………

 

I...I feel so weak...I mean, I get level 20...but 370...and I’m still level 1….

 

Is this what inferiority feels like?

 

Outdone by my maids...That’s it, I don’t care what my mom says anymore, I’m going outside and fighting.

 

“Silver, Silver? Are you listening?”

 

My mom’s voice knocked me out of my depression as her red eyes stared at me with...smugness.

 

She knows about my newly found inferiority complex already.

 

“Yes I am, please continue”

 

Still looking smug with herself, she continued her story on how she came across them.

 

“As you might have already found out, both Sirisa and Anabelle are Elves, they are the daughters of a friend of mine, who happens to work as the maid for my Aunt”

 

I had no idea who this Aunt was, but I just nodded along.

 

“My friend trained them as maids, and when I asked for maids that could act as bodyg- I mean body pillows, she sent them here.”

 

There’s no point in hiding it mom...my pride has already been shattered...wait, did I hear body pillows?

 

“Anyways, they already swore their lives to you, so take care of them to the very end, got it?”

 

“Of course”

 

Or rather, it seems like I’ll be taken care of instead…

 

My Mother nodded with a smile that lacked the smugness she had moments prior, and left the room, not before leaving a meaningful remark though.

 

“Well then, take this time to get along with them, they're your life-long companions after all~”

 

...I feel like, events that were out of control just took place...but whatever, I got my maids.

 

Turning around I find them both standing in the same position they were, Anabelle was looking at me with a slight smile, and Sirisa had her poker face.

 

“Anabelle and Sirisa...mind if I call you Bel and Risa instead?”

 

“If it is the wish of my honourable Master, I have no qualms”

 

Risa agreed without any hesitation, and from the extremely slight twinkle in her eyes, I think she likes it.

 

“Ehehe~ I like it Master~ please call me Bel from now on”

 

What is this gap Moe? So cute, does she plan to be like this in front of me only?

 

Shaking my head, I looked outside, it was still bright out.

 

Looking back at them, I decided on our next course of action, as the fourth in line for inheritance, I really have no future, so I decided to become an Adventurer, if these two really do intend to stay with me forever, then I guess I have to see how well we work together.

 

Thinking so, I looked at my stats, it’s changed quite a bit.

 

Spoiler

_______________________________________________________

 

Name: Silver Grimshard

 

Race: 

 

Title: Fourth son of the Grimshard Family, [̗͑̃͛͐ͧHI͉̦D̎͑ͬ̀Ď̞̯̖̦̟͟Eͩ̉ͤͧ̂ͩ̑̕N̻ͤͤͥ͢]̭̩͚͗͂̉̈ͩ̊

 

Level: 1

 

XP: 0/100

 

Class: Magic Knight

 

HP: 100/100

 

Mp: 1496/1500

 

STR: 21

 

END: 15

 

MAG: 29

 

DEX: 19

 

LUK: [̗͑̃͛͐ͧHI͉̦D̎͑ͬ̀Ď̞̯̖̦̟͟Eͩ̉ͤͧ̂ͩ̑̕N̻ͤͤͥ͢]̭̩͚͗͂̉̈ͩ̊

 

Skills:

 

Goddesses’ Favour {???} LV:???

 

I’ll leave it to your imagination~ Teehee~

 

Effects: Secret~

 

Eyes of Truth {Unique} LV: MAX

The Eyes that see the Truth of the World.

 

Combines all eye skills into one single skill

 

Effects: Appraisal, Observation, Clairvoyance, Cursed Eye, Future Sight, Eye of the Demon…see 100+ more

 

Bloody Ascension {Unique} LV: MAX

For the Blood of the Gods shall shatter all restraints.

 

A skill that allows its wielder to evolve every time said wielder drinks the blood of a being who holds a higher rank of mysticality.

 

{Warning: May have unintended side effects}

Effects: Race change, status change, skill assimilation, level gain, change in physical appearance [Human Appearance was chosen]

 

Charisma {Rare} LV:3

{For every hero has it, get yours now for the price of eternal slavery! -Goddess}

The builder of Legends and Story.

 

A skill that varies in effect for each wielder.

 

Effects: Varies

 

Master of Arms {Rare} LV:2

 

A true warrior knows how to handle every weapon

 

Combination of all basic weapon skills, at this level you have only begun to grasp at how to use these in combination.

 

Etiquette {Uncommon} LV:18

 

A must-have for every would-be Noble

 

Able to perform actions expected from nobility at a basic level.

 

___________________________________________________

[collapse]

 

Ugh, truly, I feel so inferior at this moment in time, My mom hired these two as bodyguards.

 

Well, I guess that means I finally have permission to go into the forest, the forest of which I speak of, is the forest between the demon country and human country, which acts as a natural border, add to the fact that many high-level monsters live there, and the number of people who even think of skipping countries can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

 

I’m still going of course...well not today at least.

 

 I caressed my right eye as I spoke to my maids.

 

“Once again, nice to meet you two...now if you don’t mind, I’m going to practise my magic”

 

I had to, for a level 1 I had an obscene amount of mana, at the cost of my hp of course.

 

The way the stats work in this world are also rather simple, you have certain stats when you’re born, in my case, all of my stats were 2 at the time of birth when we reach the age of 6 our stats become what people call, the base.

 

Every time someone levels up, the stats also increase.

 

For example, my base Magic stat was 29, when I reach lvl 2 it will become 58, level 3 will be 87.

 

My base stats are multiplied by my level, that is also the case for everyone.

 

That said, some skills boost the base stat, and is also added into the calculation.

 

And I’ve been avoiding this particular topic till now, but my maids have outrageous stats, even for their levels.

 

An average person has their base stats at around 10.

 

I admit I’m as strong as a level 2 or 3 with my level 1 stats.

 

Then what about Risa?

 

She’s level 370, she'll be a match for average people 100 levels above her.

 

And she’s only 9….heh.

 

I’m not sure if 370 is possible, but I certainly do believe my growth shouldn’t be that bad...I think.

 

I honestly want to go into the forest already and start levelling up….but I made a promise with my mother not to go until I graduate noble school….I forgot the actual name...I was going to enrol soon, so I was given my maids or something along the lines of that.

 

...I feel like I’m in a generic Isekai novel now... the only difference is…

 

That I have maids.

 

Ha, I’m already living a more fulfilling life than those generic Isekai protagonists.

 

What’s surprising though, is that I somehow managed to go outside to the outskirts of the town while being engrossed in my inner monologue.

 

Skills.

 

Stretching my body, I allowed my mana to flow through my body.

The sensation of such a process allowed me to focus on the task at hand, creating a weapon.

 

I activated one of the chunni-er eye skills I had, [Eyes of creation]

 

I felt my mana churn as it coalesced into the form of a sword in front of me, it started as an outline, but in an instant, it turned into an actual longsword.

 

I stretched out my hand and grabbed the sword, giving it a short swing I was able to confirm that it had indeed become a proper sword, it all depends on imagination.

 

I remember the first time that I tried using these eyes, I ended up creating a sword the size of a mountain.

 

...let’s just say, there used to be a normal mountain here once, but for some reason, it transformed into a sword-shaped one, I wonder why.

 

“Master, do you wish to spar?”

 

Said Arisa, in a barely contained excited tone.

 

Oh lord, spare me, please.

 

But honestly, in the face of her excited face, I couldn’t exactly say no….I would have to be a monster to do so.

 

“Alright...come at me whenever”

 

Please don’t

 

“I’m ready”

 

I’m not

 

“Very well, here I come Master”

 

Oh, sweet mother of all-

 

Before I could finish my mental curse, I found myself buried inside a mountain.

 

The pain came a second later.

 

A manly grunt is all I let out.

 

Honest.

 

I absolutely did not scream like a slaughtered pig.

 

Absolutely not.

 

I could hear Bel’s worried voice from the other end of the tunnel, made by yours truly.

 

“Master~, are you okay?”

 

Ah yes, I’m peachy, extremely so.

 

I enjoy being used as an impromptu drill.

 

But as a man-

 

“I’ll...help, Master”

 

Huh, I swear the sun wasn’t there a second ago?

 

Sirisa had lifted the entire mountain and thrown it across the forest.

 

It crashed against the giant Sword.

 

I mean sword-shaped mountain.

 

There was a loud crash as the object of incidence just crumbled into tiny bits.

 

Bel and Risa ran up to me, Bel lifted me and was fretting over my injuries, whilst Risa was blushing and avoiding my gaze.

 

“I-I’m sorry Master...I didn’t...I assumed”

 

In eroge’s, I mean visual novel’s, this would be the time the choices showed up.

 

  1. Faint
  2. Say it's not her fault
  3. Commit Sudoku (Definitely Good End)

 

Hehe, if my years of playing Erog- I mean visual novels. Has taught me anything.

 

Always take the one that seems safe, at least you won’t get Yandere ending.

 

So...2?

 

“No, it’s not you-”

 

[Faint] status has been acquired temporarily.

Oh, crab bask-

 

Sorry for the late update, I actually had this chapter written down ages ago, I was too busy to upload it though, anyways here it is, enjoy or not.

 

It's up to you really.

19