Chapter 6
633 4 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So basically, this world is a classic swords and magic world. They definitely beautified the Elves a lot so I stopped paying attention halfway through though. To be honest, I don't like elves. I mean, they're cool but I prefer monster girls. I especially don't like the stink eye that that elf is giving me.

It's not my fault that the story got me so tired! Anyways, I finally get some peace and quiet. Until I realize that the druid is undermining my efforts.

DON'T PUSH THE BOOK BACK! I want to scream, but it just ends up in pitiful squawking that goes unnoticed. After moping around for a few minutes I finally look back up in my sorrow. I realize that I have been placed in the lap of the elven child from before. I look up at her and see that she has been asleep with drool spilling out of her face while unconsciously petting me.

It surprisingly feels nice being petted. It's that feeling like having accomplished something, no matter how small, and gaining a reward for your efforts. I slowly enjoy the petting until I too fall asleep on the lap of the sitting child.

-POV: Young elf girl-

After I wake up, I see that the little sulking birdie had fallen asleep I caressed the bottom of the bird, smoothening out the bird and let out a small chuckle. I then hear rusting sounds at the direction of the door. With my wind magic, I send a breeze out to identify the one interrupting my time with birdie.

I felt the person's magic and identified it as my dad. I put birdie down on the bed and tuck a towel around him. I ran to the door and jumped out, landing on the man's chest.

"Dad your back!" I exclaim as I excitedly hop around him. He gives a light chuckle as he ruffles my hair. The hair that Mom had painstakingly combed had now been ruffled into a shape worse than a bird's nest, but I didn't care.

"Aera, how have your magic studies been going? Can you show me your progress?" Dad asks in a gentle voice. His pretty looks and gentle and warm tone stills sends shivers down my spine. Apparently, Dad was a 'playboy' according to what Auntie had said.

I don't know what a playboy is. Doesn't every elf play with other elves growing up?

He sees the bird in my hands and then looks at me with a questioning look. I think he is looking at it weird. Like how Ryan looked at it. Is he jealous?!

"You can't have Birdy!" I yell in a loud voice. Dad looks surprised, and then grins while staring at Birdy. 

"I heard the hunters might be hunting for birds today." He says in a low malicious voice. I pale at the words and clutch Birdy tight before running. I got to save Birdy from the hunters!

And so, I proceed to run around the village for dear life with dad laughing not too far away. And with a really grumpy bird in hand, another fun day of tag ended. But, I didn't think it was fun though...

13