Chapter 2: Passing Days Thoughtfully
141 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Shun Su had continued to sneakily wring information out of Lin YanSu. Apparently the current royal family was Jun,and the current emperor someone named Jun LingFei. The emperor had a favored son,who was the eldest and said to be next in line for the throne,that son's name was also Jun Bai. Shun Su knew Jun Bai was a little special,but suddenly transmigrating into a prince? Pah! That guy's luck would be too good no?

Shun Su decided there was no way his Jun Bai was the same guy as the prince. And although he was a bit saddened because it meant his pal wasn't here on this strange journey with him,maybe it meant Jun Bai had ascended into the heavens and already been reborn in the modern world somewhere.

He couldn't do anything else but pray and send his best regards..

Lin YanSu had led him to a camp of sorts,all around were half-dressed burly men chopping wood or sharpening weapons. Even Shun Su was a bit flustered seeing so much skin,he covered his eyes.

" Are you really letting Granny see such a thing on a daily basis ah?! " Shun Su already felt that Granny was a little pitiful having to go out every day and work,but now he saw even the workplace was so disorderly. For a woman in ancient times,wasn't this akin to losing face and being labeled wrongly?

Lin YanSu gave him another slap on the back.

" Hey,hey,didn't I say to stop making us into villains ah? Clearly we wouldn't ruin Granny's eyes with such vulgarity! She works in the kitchen you know,we normally wouldn't take this route but aren't you a man ah? Stop covering your eyes! Yan-ge will even let you work outside instead if you ask sweetly! "

His hand was pried away by this sticky bro. The sight of pure manliness struck him once more. As a modern day princely boy,wasn't his body a little too shameful compared to these guys. Even the body he'd taken over seemed small as before. It could've been because he'd been in a coma,but what was Shun Su going to do if this body didn't grow? Was he expected to hurl around those chopped trees like nothing ah?

With shame he had to lower his head, " A-Su would like to go to the kitchen... "

Tears of shame were once more flowing as Lin YanSu laughed and dragged him away from the manly site. Even Lin YanSu,who was pretty much the same height,had bulging muscles showing through his robes.

When they arrived at the kitchen he was awarded another pat,his footing lost as he stumbled into the den of giggling young maidens...

" A-Su shouldn't be too distracted,finish your work before running away with someone alright? " Lin YanSu had sent him a wink and a thumbs up. He wasn't sure if this guy was genuinely his friend or if he just wanted to make trouble...

Shun Su was a modern day prince okay? Although he wasn't that huge,he still had that delicate,pretty boy charm. On top of that,people spread the rumor he was a musical genius after they heard he took vocal lessons and could play piano. Needless to say,his popularity could be compared to even Jun Bai's! 

His contact with girls was not little okay? 

But,even he who in the modern day was surrounded by women,was feeling a bit flustered being the sole focus point of so many pretty girls... 

The thing was,his popularity and spotlight were stolen by Jun Bai,when Shun Su walked into a room he'd be ogled at until Jun Bai stepped in beside him. Since they were inseparable and did most things together,Shun Su had become used to having only momentary attention on him.

The girls all gathered around him,Shun Su could only stand frozen,many delicate fingers pinching and pulling at him.

" Wah,this brother's skin is quite pretty~ "

" Soft ah! Gege,you must share with us your secrets! "

" His hair is soft too ah,so long and fluffy~ "

" He's so pale ah,just like a bun hehe~ "

" His eyes are so pretty! I've never seen such a color ah! "

Being assaulted like,Shun Su felt these comments were insulting his pride more than anything. What soft and tender? This is not how you compliment a man ah!

" Gege,here,tie your hair. Those guys will complain if something falls in " once the crowd dispersed, one of the girls came to give a small ribbon to tie his hair. It was thankfully black and it blended in with his hair. It was only then did he actually realize the length of his hair. It was already falling past his shoulders and was so knotted it looked like dog fur!

After that he was given plentiful jobs,even though the girls liked his face they didn't hesitate to make him do more work. Shun Su actually used to cook with his mother when he was younger,so doing simple things cutting and washing wasn't a big deal. The problem was that Granny was actually someone in charge and made more dishes. 

But the girls took pity on him since it was his first day,either that or they just tried to have more contact.

" Gege,come help me carry this~ "

" No,no. You're clearly strong enough. Shun-ge needs to practice cutting ah~ "

" Pah,aren't you two being a bit too shameless? Gege,come wash dishes! "

Like that he was passed around in the kitchen. Shun Su made up his mind to become buff enough to work with the other men,being teased by these girls was just a bit too much ah!

By the time the day was over Shun Su was exhausted. It wasn't even from labor but because of entertaining all the maidens! Lin YanSu had returned to walk him home. Shun Su was still a bit weirded out by the new people and strange little town,but he was already transmigrated so what could he do?

Besides,apart from living a bit shabbily he didn't much wrong. Everyone seemed to be on good terms with each other,he also had a job,as well as a doting grandmother. As long as he could eat and play around well,was there anything else that mattered in life?

With that in mind he walked back into the little house made of rotting wood...

Actually,maybe he should work a bit extra and get a better home for himself and Granny before becoming leisurely. Even if his endurance was good,he used to be a spoiled young master,he could deal with a lot, but living permanently in such a crappy place really wasn't too appealing.

So days passed,he was woken in the mornings by Granny,he felt a bit conflicted to be honest,every time she called out it was like she was confirming he hadn't gone stupid once more,he tried his best to prove to her he wouldn't be going back to that state.

They ate breakfast together,sometimes Granny's friends would drag her away before they could and she'd cook something for him before she left. After Lin YanSu would come to find him,his big brother,Lin Han,had decided not to send men to pick Granny up any longer yet that guy still came to fetch him every morning.

Shun Su actually didn't mind his presence,that guy was a little stupid but still a good companion. Sadly since Shun Su's muscles had yet to develop,he was stuck being teased by those little sisters all day. They would compliment and cling to him at any chance,Shun Su was after all a man,receiving this type of treatment constantly,wouldn't anyone become pigheaded?

Shun Su had decided,even if his muscles didn't improve,being stuck with these sisters wasn't too bad ah...

And after he finished working,him and Lin YanSu would go to a nearby river and wash away any filth. The water was often more cold than not and Young Master Su was less than pleased,but in this old aged world where could he find an automatic water heater?

Sometimes if he was lucky Granny was feeling well enough to help him carry water back to the house bucket at a time,they'd heat it over a fire and fill a tub with that. Though Shun Su would prefer this way of doing things daily,it really was a pain in the ass...

But really,Shun Su felt this type of lifestyle was quite good. No need to pay bills or worry about your home being taken,as long as taxes to the capital were sent. And speaking of the capital,Shun Su heard from Lin YanSu that it was where all the hotshots lived. It wasn't too far from their little town according to him,just a day's worth of time by horse. If one walked,well,it'd take considerably longer.

Because they lived so near the capital,taxes were somewhat higher and they'd have many people pass through. Shun Su would've thought with so many visitors that the Emperor would turn the place into a more lofty tourist town,but the truth was,because the people here were so poor,if renovations were made most of them couldn't pay higher taxes. So rather than letting these people all move out,it was decided that the town would just be some nameless part of a map.

Shun Su felt the emperor of this time was pretty good,not chasing out all these people to earn more cash,that uncle must understand a person's hardships ah.

Granny had asked him once if he still wanted to move to the capital,Shun Su would've said yes normally,but he already grew attached to this tiny place. The most he would probably do was go there occasionally to earn some cash with his minor singing gig.

Oh! And miraculously,his body was still the same ah! His appearance down to the beauty mark beside his left eye were exactly spot on! His hair and eye color as well. Originally Shun Su was of mixed blood. His father Chinese and mother American,which was why he had the forest colored eyes and fair complexion. 

In his own timeline these things weren't too uncommon,people from different countries married all the time. But in a dated world like this having such an appearance was quite troubling.

Because everyone in this town knew him from young they didn't say much. But for those travelers passing by,and occasionally resting,his unique looks made for quite the ruckus. His origins had been questioned so much that he grew tired of explaining and simply stayed out of sight of those people.

In this life it was his father who was a foreigner,Granny said he was a great man who made much money and took care of her and his mother well,but honestly Shun Su questioned that. Such a great guy yet he didn't take Granny and his mom out of this crappy place? Pah! This guy was probably a con. 

It didn't matter regardless,both the parents in this life were gone,his mother from illness and his father for unknown reasons. Granny said some people had come one to drag his father away,further increasing Shun Su's suspicions of him. 

Actually,Shun Su was a bit worried. What if those guys weren't satisfied with just his father and came to look for him as well? Or even worse maybe they'd drag poor Granny away! To ensure this didn't happen he'd have to quickly earn lots of cash to bribe his way out of situations. Shun Su thought maybe introducing a modern day invention would quickly get him rich.

But the problem was,he didn't know how most things were manufactured. As much as he'd like to use a toilet,he wasn't a plumber ah! How was he exposed to figure out and explain to people the mechanics of piping and things like drains? He simply couldn't! Plus,if he did that,he'd surely bankrupt the actual inventor. He wasn't a cruel nor greedy person,so he wouldn't take away someone else's efforts and claim them as his own.

And what's better to get one famous and rich than one's own trade? Shun Su's previous singing instructor was quite strict and would be very detailed in his explanations of techniques before actually teaching him. From that he got the basic gist of how to tutor someone,so rather than doing something penny-grabbing like singing,he could instead become a knowledgeable instructor.

The downside though was that people couldn't just learn in a day,so either he'd have to set camp in the capital or have people flock to their town. Neither was ideal,and frankly Shun Su felt that he was worrying too much. 

He had so many worries when he should just be enjoying the easy life...after being reborn,shouldn't people experience the ultimate desire for a less hectic life? 

Things like opening a shop for singing lessons was simply thinking too far ahead. Instead,right now he should focus on eating better meals ah. The food Granny made was good,but with limited ingredients there was only so much one could do.

But Shun Su had developed another skill in this short time,and that skill was...acting pitiful ah!

To be honest,he'd used this skill on solely Jun Bai before,for the sake of earning snacks there was no lack of self disrespecting. Jun Bai had told him before that,if Shun Su truly wanted to invoke feelings in a person,he must cry and plead...

Naturally Shun Su was too proud to do that to strangers and ended up using on the person who suggested such a thing. But now that he was on the verge of starving what could he do but tearfully bat his eyelashes and ask for discounts to those greedy shopkeepers ah?

The sad thing was that it worked ah! Who knew even a boy could tug at someone's heartstrings by acting pitiful ah,keke!

From then on Shun Su spared no acts,shame? What shame,ah? Pride? What pride? That was clearly Young Master Su! Now it is time for hark working,shameless,cute beyond words Xiao Su to wreak havoc ah!

 

3