Foreword to the Third Edition
680 10 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We live in a dangerous world.

Were it not for the brave Knight from Idira and the adventurers that populate our lands, we would be at the mercy of monsters.

One of the most interesting and yet dangerous types of monsters is the Tentacled one.

It does not possess the incredible capacities ascribed to the ever elusive (and nowadays almost mythical) Slime Girl.

It does not strike terror and awe like the appearance of a Dragon, and surely it is not guarding Samash-knows-what valuable treasures.

And yet, it is a constant threat, and it can be dangerous even to the most experienced of adventurers, given its appetite for sexual fluids.

According to our latest reports, out of one hundred female adventurers, ninety-one reported an encounter with a Tentacle Monster or one of its subtypes in the last twelve months.

And if you are a female Knight and reading this introduction, please consider that the very same reports describe Knights falling prey those monsters in at least forty percent of cases.

As I am fond of saying, knowledge is the first and best line of defence. Please join us to discover the habits, ecology, and effects of these monsters. How they can impact your equipment, your mood and the success of your own mission.

Most importantly, how they can impact you.

It is known that an encounter with a single Tentacle Monster can disrupt a raid, cause mood alterations and in the case of certain subspecies, these alterations can extend to the psyche, mind and body. Tales of valiant heroines turned into wanton breeders are making the rounds even now.

Learn how to best protect yourself!

This first section of the book will provide you with a list of Tentacle Monsters, sorted by their ecology, threat level and weaknesses (if any).

In order to provide you with even more valuable information for this Third Edition, the Tentacle Monsters were also unleashed on our valiant (and I assure you, mostly willing), volunteers, to provide further data on feeding habits. This will give you a new and exciting perspective on the effects if you were ever caught.

We are really proud of this new section, and we hope it will be most useful to plan your sortie.

 

Best Wishes,

T. Aramis, Distinguished Academic

High School for Higher Learning, Chordata Lea

8