Chapter 1: An Average Life
486 18 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Jack and I am your average 15-year-old white male, from the good ol' United States of America. I have an average short haircut of brown hair and I have brown eyes. I even am the average height of a 15-year-old which is 66.9in1 Which is 5ft 6.9in for fellow Americans and 169.926cm for the rest of the world

But that is my problem. I am way too average. Average life is way too boring, with nothing exciting going on or anything cool about it so I thought of a solution. 

Reincarnation.

It was an interesting concept that many people believe in, and while many believe in it I don't. I mean how could I, what proof was there that reincarnation exists? 

The only proof I have seen was a bunch of crazy people and people who are looking for attention claiming to be a reincarnation. Their stories are fake because reincarnation just couldn't work, like how could the population of things grow if everything is reincarnated?

They wouldn't.

And that is exactly why I am on my computer looking for ways to reincarnate. Even if reincarnation didn't exist it doesn't mean I hated the idea. 

As I was looking through the web for answers by searching 'Ways to reincarnate easily', after looking past all the religious stuff I arrived at a Reddit post. It talked about a magical being called Truck-Kun.

Truck-Kun is a magical being who runs people over to kill them and then reincarnates them. Truck-kun only ever appears in front of people it seems worthy. Many things try to imitate Truck-Kun called trucks, but you can tell if it's Truck-kun if it is seemingly out of control. Often though not always, Truck-kun tests the person it deems worthy by running into someone and it's up to the person to choose between themselves or someone else.

'This seems like a perfect way to get reincarnated!' (Jack)

Ever since I learned about Truck-kun I kept my eyes out for it, such as today. 

Right now it's Friday and I am walking to school with my best friend James. 

James looks very similar to me as he is also your average 15-year-old white male. The ways James looks different to me are so small that in elementary many kids mistook us for twins or even the same person. We both have always been the same height as each other even having the same growth spurts at the same time. 

James has hazel eyes and brown hair while I have brown eyes and brown hair. That's the only difference.

James and I have been friends since the 2nd grade when we were forced to group for a science project.

Ever since we have stuck together like glue. We made sure we were in the same class in elementary school, and we made sure the same in middle school. Now we are 10th graders in high school and we still have the same classes.

"Hey James, would you be interested in trying to reincarnate with me?" (Jack)

James turns around and looks at me as if I had gone insane.

"I thought you didn't believe in god or reincarnation or any of that?" (James)

"The reincarnation I'm talking about doesn't need a god or religion. I'm talking about finding Truck-Kun." (Jack)

"You do realize that Truck-Kun is just a plot device used to reincarnate people in novels right? It's not a real thing." (James)

"Maybe, but it couldn't hurt to just keep an eye for it right? We don't have to go out of our way to look for him." (Jack)

James rolled his eyes and said "Fine… I guess we can just keep an eye for it. But even if you do see Truck-kun don't interact with it. Your life is worth more than getting run over by a truck" (James)

James has always been like this. He has always cared for me and I care for him. I saw James' point since I would hate if James got run over as well.

"Okay~ I'll not interact with Truck-kun even if I see it" (Jack)

James starts to smile.

"Good" (James) 

Then we walk to school while talking about our favorite video games we've played recently.

We go to the same classes so we both eventually arrive at our 1st-hour math class but I just realized something.

"H-hey James did you do the math homework?" (Jack)

"Yeah, here you go. Honestly, what would you do without me" (James)

I take James' completed math homework from his hand and quickly copy it down before the teacher arrives.

The rest of the school day went smoothly except for the boredom as we were just assigned useless homework and then I finished it in class.

As the bell rang that released us from the purgatory that is a school I found James. We walked until we had to split up to go to our houses.

I arrive at my house and open the door expecting my parents to be home.

"Hello? I'm home" (Jack)

'Hmm, it seems my parents are working late' my parents often work later than usual and it seems today wasn't an exception. Just in case I grab my phone and message both of them

'How long are you working for today?' (James)

I get no response and I notice that it says both of them were active last 4 hours ago so I think they probably have their phones put away for some reason. 

So I go into my bedroom, hang up my backpack and start playing some video games on my computer. I play video games for quite a few hours until the sun is gone and my parents still aren't home. I'm also quite hungry so I preheat the oven to 450°, grab a frozen pizza from the freezer, and put it in the oven2 this is exactly how I cook my frozen pizzas and they always taste good . 12 minutes later I have a delicious pizza that I eat. I then message James goodnight and head to bed.

I get into my bed, lay down, and my consciousness fades away as I'm taken away to the sweet sweet dreamland known as sleep.

This is my first time writing a novel so tell me you're feedback and criticisms in the comments, please. Btw I don't know when the next chapter will come out since I wrote this on a whim

Was this a good first chapter?
Results are only viewable after voting. You must be logged in to vote.
14