Chapter 24
183 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as they were wondering if the attack should continue, an urgent message came in.

The ministers instantly became serious, while the emperor connected the call.

Shown on the holographic figure was the solemn face of General Lark, who had taken up the position as the defending General, on the border of the empire and the federation.

"What is the problem, General?" the emperor asked.

General Lark's eyes were focused on the battle outside of the commanding battleship, but he still answered seriously, "Your majesty, the federation has attacked. I don't think I can stop them".

The people in the room could see the shaking of the battleship, as well as the distant sounds of the ship being damaged.

"How have you been brought to this point so quickly" one of the ministers asked.

General Lark smile was self-deprecating. He didn't answer, he just opened up the camera's rearview. What came into sight was a large federation armada, as well as the elusive colossal mecha.

When they saw the huge force. They couldn't make a sound. General Lark asked, "Your majesty, reinforcements are needed. This minister won't be able to hold on before they g..."

At that moment, everyone in the room saw an arm swipe through the deck of the battleship. The camera dutifully recorded the process of the commanding officers suffocating in the vacuum of space. Their faces warped and painful.

When the call finally ended, the room was left in complete silence. Most of the ministers had never seen battle and of course they hadn't witnessed the atrocities that come with it.

It wasn't until one of the ministers voiced out his worries, "Those mecha belong to the omegas behind that asteroid field, don't they?"

Then everyone seemed to have remembered. They now knew that the two of them had defected to the federation.

The emperor felt that his doubts had finally been answered. He knew the two of them wouldn't create those monstrosities for nothing, but now he finally understands the reason.

He sent out calls to all generals. The room was soon filled with holograms of the highest ranking military commanders in the empire, excluding the three generals of the other borders. Unless the empire was on the verge of annihilation, he would never move the fleets on the borders. The male and female alphas waited calmly for the emperor's orders.

"The federation has attacked the border and defeated the fleet stationed there. This is now a national emergency. All fleets under your command will enter combat readiness and rush to intercept their forces. Beware the strength of the federation this time, is terrifying" the emperor ordered seriously.

The generals all responded and began moving the fleets under them. However the damage caused by the zerg attack has left an indelible mark on the empires armada. Even after a few years, only a small amount has been recuperated, so now the emperor is hoping this mish mash can effectively defend against the federation.

The emperor also called again, this time he contacted Duke Colt. A stout and dignified male alpha appeared in the room. The other ministers did not dare to speak in front of this highly respected military officer.

"Good afternoon, your majesty" the Duke greeted respectfully.

"Good afternoon, Duke Colt. I apologise for interrupting your retirement, but there is an important mission, and I require your expertise", the emperor said, his tone also carrying respect.

Duke Colt is the most decorated military officer the empire has. He has fought both the federation and the zerg in his lifetime and come out victorious in most of his battles.

He also has a private fleet under his command, which is said to be full of the veterans that he took when he was still fighting as a general.

The emperor doesn't know how much combat effectiveness the fleet still has, after being at peace for centuries. But he knows that the fleet is equipped with the most advanced armour and weapons, and the soldiers continue to train everyday. So even if they are all full of grey and white hair, these soldiers are still highly active.

Duke Colt was surprised when hearing what the emperor said, he knew that he wouldn't be contacted if there wasn't something that couldn't be dealt with normally. He asked "What is the problem your majesty, the minister will do his best to solve it".

The emperor explained the ins and outs of the matter, and Duke Colt came to understand the situation.

"That is a little interesting. My little brats ex fiancee and her lover have reached this level. The two omegas are really talented. What a shame".

Duke Colt didn't hold any prejudice for Arel or Sile. He had lived a very long time. His years were numbered and at the end of his life, he lost the impetuosity that comes with youth. He only felt that it was a loss, that such intelligent omegas weren't a part of his family. If they were he wouldn't have to worry about the future.

He also wasn't someone who underestimated his opponents. Although there were only two of them, but he heard they are genius inventors, and their creations have caused havoc among the empire. He quickly agreed to taking over the matter and ended the call. 

He ordered his assistant to ready the fleet, before contacting his grandson. 

When Eric answered, he heard his grandfather say, "Come here. His majesty has ordered me to deal with your ex fiancee and her lover". 

Eric felt a rush of ecstasy. If his grandfather was sent out, it must be a certain victory. He had hated those two omegas for so long, and finally he could get his revenge. He quickly responded "Yes, grandfather", and rushed back to the Colt's estate. 

Arel and Sile saw the battle that had just taken place through the eyes of their mecha. The victory came too quickly, and they knew the emperor could guess their involvement. They weren't too worried, they stood on their mining planet. 

Behind Arel and Sile, stood rows of silent, colossal figures. The empire would be surprised to see the number. Every last bit of azandium went into increasing their number, so what they sent off to assist the federation was only a third of their true force. 

The battle is to come, and the two omegas cannot wait to see it. 

6