Chapter 25
169 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once again, only a few years after the zerg devastation, the empire incurred another battle. The fleets that were available were sent towards the federation border.

However the advancement of the federations armament meant there was no longer a technological advantage on the empires side.

Now the federation has not only, a larger army, but also the assistance of Arel and Sile. The two of them managed to get into contact with Salessa, stating their intentions.

Salessa was vigilant at first. She had heard of Arel and Sile. Their fruit and vegetables were well known. Many of the upper circle in the federation wanted to get their hands on some things, but the empire had a strict defense on the border, so they could only swallow their envy.

Arel and Sile offered a deal. They said that they had a powerful force that could rival a fleet. A legion of self piloting mecha, with the latest technological advancements.

When Salessa laid eyes on the titans that towered over the delicate Omega in the video, she was shocked. She wondered if this was real, but they were very serious in their dealings, not at all suffering from nervousness or anxiety. Just calm and gentle.

Salessa felt that there was no loss in accepting this deal. She was already going to attack the empire, and in return they'd not only have reinforcements, but they would be the ones who were prioritised for the crops they grew.

So when Salessa watched as her armada attacked the empires border, she saw that as soon as the battle commenced, a group of mecha attacked the empires ships from behind. There was no hesitation. The mecha were ruthless, they started their attacks the moment the empires battleships were in sight.

Their destructive ability was greater than Salessa expected. In the blink of an eye, the two sides managed to almost annihilate the border army. She watched as small drones came to the mecha, and resupplied them with energy and ammunition.

The federation General that Salessa sent to attack was informed that they would have reinforcements on the empires side, but he had to admit, being in close proximity to these terrifying titans made him really uncomfortable.

He saw that the mecha could take the attacks of the enemy fleet like it was nothing. The Azandium armour on their bodies seemed to be very thick, thicker than the outer layer of their battleships, which was proven by the lack of damage to the mecha.

Knowing that they would be accompanying him along the way made his scalp tingle. If those mecha chose to attack them, they would probably fare no better than the empire.

Salessa didn't have much worry. She knew that the empire was targeting the two omegas, so she was fairly confident that the two of them needed the federation, as much as the federation needed them. They weren't completely necessary to each other, but the benefits of cooperation were great enough, that the two sides had no need to endanger the deal made between them.

It didn't take long for the federation to push further into the empire, slowly amassing territory. The fleets that tried to defend seemed to be useless. One after another were torn apart. The remains of the tragic battle floated in the vicinity, outlining the devastation that had occurred earlier.

The emperor and the ministers were sitting in silence, they could only watch helplessly as their forces were destroyed in front of their eyes. With the cooperation of the two superior forces, no amount of ingenuity seemed to be useful, in front of absolute strength.

Duke Colt received the report to attack the two omegas urgently. Although he had been retired for a while, he still had connections. They informed him of the severe losses the empire had taken, due to the alliance between the federation and the two omegas.

Duke Colt had a new found understanding of his targets. He was a cautious general in his prime, and even now that hasn't changed. His fleet entered the area of the solar system.

Eric had been waiting there for his grandfather, keeping a large distance from the asteroid field. Although he wanted the demise of the omegas more than anyone, but over the years he understood that they were unlike any opponent he had ever faced before.

Duke Colt had been informed of the peculiar defences that the solar system had, and seeing the asteroid field that barricaded the solar system, he marvelled at the naturally formed border.

He ordered the fleet to attack the asteroid field from the greatest distance that they could muster, and enter a defensive formation. He wasn't going to let his soldiers suffer from the incompetence of those previous captains.

Arel and Sile watched as the attacks rained down upon their asteroid field. The distance the fleet stayed at was still in range of the weapons, but the defensive formation really showed the careful thinking of the general in charge.

They didn't know which veteran was sent out this time, but it seemed they were in for a difficult time. Arel and Sile chose to attack the fleet haphazardly. They weren't intending to destroy anything, but just trying to lower the vigilance of the general.

Time passed on, and the attacks came one after another. The asteroid field that had stood as a barrier between the omegas and the outside world for decades had been broken under the constant fire of Duke Colts fleet.

The people of the empire finally saw the inside of this most secret place. What they saw was a few planets, one was bright and filled with blues and greens. They knew this was the main planet they were looking for. Surrounding that planet was a small star in the distance, and a warp point.

Duke Colt had been informed of this before he came, but he still admired the two omegas ability to create these things privately. However as he got closer he saw countless beams appearing on the planets, and he quickly ordered the fleet into its highest defensive state. 

8