Chapter 26
189 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fleet was hit from numerous positions. The beams worked tirelessly to incinerate everything in its path. Just as Duke Colt was about to relay his orders, volleys of shots appeared, directly attacking the helpless fleet. 

Duke Colt had fought in many battles, so although his soldiers were under heavy fire, they didn't panic; simply awaiting his commands. 

"Target the positions of the continuous beams, and make sure they're not capable of making any more trouble". 

With a direction to go, the ships divided the targets, very tacitly. Focused shots were fired towards the stationary weapons, and in just a flash, those pesky annoyances had finally been dealt with, or so they thought. 

Just as they were about to proceed towards the planet where the two omegas were, another batch of beams fired from different directions. Duke Colt pursed his lips, his expression showing a hint of solemnity. It looked as if he had gotten rid of the first batch of weapons easily, but the beam cannons weren't for child's play. His ships had suffered some noticeable damage under the barrage, and these separate beams continued to focus on the damaged parts. 

He knew the two omegas were watching the battle closely, and the method couldn't continue on this way. Thinking of countermeasures, he decided to "capture the king" first. 

"Eric, take your ships and capture those two. Be careful though, if the outer defenses are this numerous, the inner ones won't be lacking". 

Eric agreed to his grandfathers request, in fact he had been hoping for it. He quickly ordered his ships into formation and split from the main group, heading towards the home of Arel and Sile. 

Duke Colt continued to destroy the beam cannons, but seemed to be in a deadlock with the surprising amount that kept appearing. He wanted to just destroy the planets, but unfortunately he didn't have the necessary ships for it, so he could only continue with his method aggrieved. 

Eric wasn't as worried as his grandfather. He had always kept his memories of Arel and Sile when they met at the various banquets. The two were inseparable, both demure and gentle. How could he possibly admit that those omegas had the ability to harm him. He would lose all his dignity as an alpha. 

So under his own brainwashing he continued to approach his target. But just as he was about to stop his ships, he noticed the drones floating around the planet. He had seen these drones before, they were used to deliver the fruits and vegetables that Arel and Sile were famous for. Seeing this, he thought the two of them must have not expected him to get here so quickly, which forced them to use these weapon less drones. 

As he was about to continue towards the planet, he felt a chill run up his spine. He had always trusted his instincts, and this time they were telling him that he was in grave danger. 

He noticed movement outside, looking towards the area in confusion, but all he saw were a few of the drones beginning to link together. At the start he wondered what they were trying to do, but as time went on he understood what was happening to the drones. He quickly fired shots into some of the places where the drones were linked. He noticed that the energy was dispersed without leaving any trace. This result made his blood run cold. He switched up methods and tried to break the connection with the unlinked drones. 

He thought his idea was very plausible, but he watched in frustration as new drones took their place. Even with his constant suppression, the Web of drones still succeeded. 

The drones didn't wait for Eric and his small group to regain themselves, directly firing upon them, while they were dazed. 

The constant shots used the energy of the attacks it had absorbed, which unfortunately was not many. Eric saw through this fatal flaw and decided to act more aggressively, wanting to directly by pass the drones. 

But it seems luck was not on his side today. Out of nowhere a colossal mecha appeared at the rear and ripped into one of the ships. Eric's eyes were bulging at the sight, he had heard from his grandfather that the mechas were sent to aid the federation at the border, but now he sees one cleaving into his subordinates ship. 

The walking fortress was so powerful that it could ignore the defenses of Eric's ships, which left him very embarrassed. He ordered the remaining ships to focus on this unwelcome visitor. Under the joint attacks of the entire group, the mecha could still attack without fear. 

Just as they had put their attention on the troublesome colossal mecha, he saw more mechas flying towards him. This reversal was quick and brutal. The mechas didn't pause for a moment, dragging the few pitiful ships to death. 

Eric could only stare in horror and unwillingness, as his ideas of revenge, and selfishness unravelled in front of his eyes. The ships were quickly torn apart. 

Duke Colt could see the destruction of his grandsons group, and finally a burst of anger erupted from him. His attacks on the planets became more ruthless, also focusing on the situation ahead of him. 

He had already guessed that the information was pointless. The mechas in front of him was not the same group as the report said were siding with the federation. These were backups that dealt a decisive blow, not only to human life, but also towards the morale of his fleet. 

He tried his best to fight off the increasing amount of colossal mechas that were secretly stationed on the planet next to Arel and Sile's home, but under the immense strength gap, he could only follow his grandsons path. 

At the beginning the emperor and the ministers were focused on the border war. They saw that their armies were no match for the alliance between the federation's armada and the colossal mecha, and started to feel slightly worried. Knowing the situation was not positive, they hoped Duke Colt could catch the two omegas, at least that way; they only had to face off against the federations fleets. 

7