Beginning 1.0
66 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I came to, I was standing in an ordinary family home.

But the world I was in wasn’t my world, and I wasn’t ‘me.’ Though one might think I was being philosophical, I really wasn’t. It was just the best way to describe the situation I was in.

I had been inserted into another world.

Memories of another life and another time flowed within my mind, yet it seems muted as if I was viewing it from a movie.

This crazy body possession(?) or transmigration(?) was completely unreasonable. I had gone to bed just like any other day, but when I woke up, i found myself on the last day of the semester at Agent Military Academy.

At first, I had two suspicions.

First was that I was being pranked.

But that idea was shot down in just five seconds. I couldn’t even be bothered to explain why.

Second was that I was dreaming.

But I naturally came to dismiss the idea. As everyone knew, the thought of being in a dream never occurred to dreaming people, and more importantly, no dream continued for two weeks with such a clear sense of reality.

As a result, I spent the past two weeks pondering on what to do in this new reality of mine.

Just like I’ve been doing in the last two weeks, I was lying in bed and staring blankly at the ceiling when my smartphone alarm began to ring.

Glancing over, I saw that it was a mail. Taking the smartphone in my hands, I opened the mail and read it.

'Congratulations! Your application to [Gemini Agency] has been approved! Please proceed to any Agency branch for additional instructions.'

The me of this world sent over an application a month ago.

To be honest, he was nothing special. Abysmal Mana pool, good ability, average physique, and no [Pair].

It was as if I was just another mob.

Yet when I arrived, I seemed to have manifested a new ability.

[Reset] - it automatically reverts my body and any object I am in contact with to the original state it was in every 5 seconds.

An ability that makes me a Pseudo-immortal.

But it only does just that, it just resets my body. It does not null the pain of any injury I take. I tested it two days after I came to this world.

By itself, its almost useless. But if you add in the ability of this world's me, it can be made into a useful ability.

[Enhancement] - permanently boosts anything I choose proportional to the amount of mana I use.

Due my low mana, it was mostly useless because Mages who completely deplete their mana falls into a comatose state, never to awaken again. However, my new ability takes care of that.

For the past two weeks I have been boosting my mana capacity and body nonstop. I don't know how strong I am now compared to the rest of the world.

After staring at the ceiling for a few hours, I came to a decision.

"Fuck it. I can just quit if I don't like it."

I stood up and then got ready. A few moments later and I was walking in an alley a few blocks away.

It was a shortcut the prev- no. It was a shortcut I frequently used. Despite it being a hotspot for crime, the locals know who not to mess with. And with me being a Mage, nobody bothers me as I walk across.

Another few minutes of walking and I found myself staring at a large building.

The Agency, an international organization that is solely responsible for the clearing of [Zones].

"You new here?" Someone asked..

Glancing to my side, I saw a red haired female looking up at the massive building.

"Yeah. I was about to finish my application." I reply.

"A rookie huh," She said. "The name's Victoria, B-class Burst Witch."

She held out her hand to which I shook.

"Glad to meet you. I'm Elric, Unranked Buster Mage."

2