Beginning 1.1
65 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blaze, Buster, and Burst, three broad classification of abilities. Burst is instantaneous effect ability, Buster is amplification ability, and Blaze is specialist ability.

After exchanging pleasantries, the both of us entered and was ushered by a staff towards a room.

"Thanks you for waiting, I am Anne, your agent." A black haired beauty in a suit said as she beckons us to sit on the sofa. "Now, let us discuss about you two."

She turned towards me. "Sir Elric, as a newcomer, you are to be tested for your ability after this then we will arrange for you to choose your [Pair]."

Next, she turned towards my companion. "Miss Victoria, have you found a suitable [Pair]?"

"Now yet. Everyone feels kinda off, ya know." She replied. Then a smile bloomed on her face. "How 'bout I pair up with Elric?"

My eyes widened in surprise. Choosing a [Pair] is an act of trust. A Mage or Witch leaves their back to their [Pair].

"Are you sure about that?" Anne asks.

"Yeah. My intuition's telling me that he's a good match." Victoria says with a small grin.

Anne smiles and turns back to me. "As you have heard Miss Victoria, she wants to be your [Pair]."

I looked at the resigned Anne and the smiling Victoria. After thinking it over for a few moments, I reply.

"We can just break it off if it won't work, so sure."

"Really? Breaking off a [Pair] leaves a black mark on your records so it might be hard to find a new [Pair] after." Anne said.

"Yeah. I'm sure." I reply.

Victoria beamed, her joy was so evident in her face that I smiled as well.

"You won't regret it!" Victoria proclaims.

"Very well then. Everything seems to be in order, please follow me to your examination." Anne stood up and beckons me to follow her.

"Good luck, partner!" Victoria hollered as I follow Anne.

"Thanks," I grinned. "But I don't need luck."

After a few moments of walking, Anne and I arrived at a certain room. It was circular, with hexagons running across the walls, ceiling, and floor.

"This is the danger room." Anne said. "Here we will assess your strength. We may begin when you are ready."

I went to the center of the room and then engulfed one fist with the other hand. Applying a decent amount of pressure, I felt and heard the joints in my hands popping. I did the same with the other hand.

"I'm ready." I said after a few stretches.

With my words, the room was engulfed in a bright light that forced me to close my eyes. When I opened it, I was greeted by a ruined city teeming with monstrous creatures that looked like floating stones clumped together in various forms.

"Haah!" Letting out a shout, the ground beneath me cracked and broke as I leap into the midst of the creatures.

My fist was cocked back and as I was about to land, I twisted my body, letting all the kinetic energy focus on my fist to which I punched the ground. A crater formed and the various creatures near me lost their balance.

Not wasting any time, I dashed towards the nearest creature and punched it, scattering it into tiny fragments. And then I moved to another. Then another, and then another. I kept punching and fighting the creatures, totally uncaring of their attacks.

I was clawed, bitten, impaled, and slashed many times that I could remember. Yet with all these attacks landing on me, not a drop of blood was spilled to the ground.

The pain was intense, unlike anything I've ever felt before, yet this pain only served as more fuel for my bloodlust.

As I fight through the endless horde, a grin split my face.

This! This is what I was yearning for! No thoughts, no schemes, just pure battling!

At that time I didn't know feel it, but as I move against the endless horde of monsters, I was laughing the entire time...

2