Beginning 1.2
66 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I exit the exam hall, I was immediately greeted with the exited face of my future partner.

"So, how'd it go? It's easy right? Didya get a high grade? What rank did ya get?" Victoria shoots of questions after questions.

I couldn't help myself but smile at her exuberance. Her energy and enthusiasm is just like that of a puppy.

"Easy there, I can't answer everything at once." I held my hands up in surrender. "Anyways, it was not that hard, and look."

I hand out to her my Identity Plate. It was a silver card the size of my palm with writings engraved into it.

Name: Elric Blackmore
Age: 19
Classification: Mage (Buster)
Rank: B

"Hey! We're the same rank! And you're younger than me!" She said as she looked over my Plate.

"Is that so?" I grinned. "So should I call you Big Sis then?"

Her face turned stony and she stood stock still. Just as I was about to apologize, a dopey smile appeared on her face.

"Hehehe," She giggled.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at her straight in the eyes.

Her smile fell.

I kept looking at her.

The tips of her ears began turning red

I kept looking at her.

She began to fidget.

I kept looking at her.

"Okay, stop it already!" She stomped out. "I wasn't having any lewd thought, okay!"

"I didn't say anything." I smirked.

Just as Victoria was about to reply, Anne interrupted.

"If you're done flirting, please follow me so we can make your [Pairing] official." Anne says as she walked past us.

"W-w-we aren't flirtin'!" Victoria stammer out.

I just let out a small laugh as I follow the two. After a few minutes of walking, we entered a dimly lit room with a pulsing magical circle at the center.

"Please enter the circle." Anne told us. "Then you may begin the ritual when you are ready."

Sharing a short glance, Victoria and me entered the circle at the same time and faced each other. I gave her a small nod as a sign to begin.

"I, Victoria Alf Akasha, do hereby proclaim, my blade shall be your to command, and my body shall be yours to take. This is my pact, this is my will"

The world began to fade away. In this moment, there was only Victoria and me. Our selves were laid bare as our souls touched one another. In that moment, there were no one else who knew Victoria better than me and there were no one else who understands Elric other than Victoria.

"I, Elric Blackmore, accept this pact." The words involuntarily came out from my mouth. It was not against my will, rather, the words that my deepest self wants to say are forced out. "In turn, my soul and body are yours to take. Let this covenant chain us in this everlasting harmony."

We held out our hands and placed our palms against one another. I closed my eyes as I feel a bond, a connection forming towards my partner.

After a few moments, I opened my eyes just as the same time Victoria opened hers. When she locked eyes with mine, a smile bloomed into her face. I smiled in return.

"[Pairing] Successful." Anne said as she inspected something in her data pad. "Congratulations, [Pair] number 1332. Now you are now eligible for specialized services of the Agency."

"Thanks!" Victoria said as she skipped towards the door. I followed her, giving a brief glance at Anne. To which she nodded and went back to writing something at her data pad.

"So what now?" I ask Victoria as we traverse the halls.

"Now? Now comes the fun part." Victoria replies. "How would you feel beating up some [Unknowns]?"

[Unknowns], the enemy of mankind. Nobody knew where they came from, but they just suddenly appeared one day. They devour any creature they encounter and they almost eradicated humanity. Their arrival was heralded by portals that leads to the areas where they mostly congregate, the [Zones].. Once a sufficient amount of [Unknowns] have gathered, they would start to spill out of the [Zone] and into the real world.

My lips broke into a feral grin. I felt my heart unclench and my body shiver in excitement on the prospect of pure unadulterated violence.

Seeing my expression, Victoria just chuckled. "Now that's what I call an expression!"

She turned around and pumped her right hand into the air. "Now onward! There's [Unknowns] to slaughter and [Zones] to loot!"

3