Making Friends and Sorting Loot
118 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the crew of the Concordia was boarding the HMT Lee II, a small rowboat with a crew of four and a yellowish-white piece of cloth was slowly making its way towards the massive ship in high spirits as the target they were chasing for weeks was finally dealt with. It took them 30minutes of constant rowing between the four of them to actually reach within shouting distance of the now MASSIVE ship.

 

John, Harry, Fred and George: "Hey...hey"

As soon as the four got a crewmates attention, it wasn't long until they found themselves standing on the deck, and Infront of the Captain of the ship.

John: "Greetings Captain, I am John, the one to my left is Harry and the ones to my right are Fred and George, we come on the orders of our Captain, Captain Ian of house Evergreen. He wishes to establish friendly relations with you and your crew"

Edward took his time looking at the four messengers standing Infront of him, all of whom with tanned skin covering well-muscled bodies with scars littered here and there, showing off the years of working aboard a ship.

 

Captain Edward: "Well met gentlemen and welcome aboard the Concordia I am Captain Edward Cunningham, but before we start talking about alliances and all that, first let me get you some food and drink. David go get some snacks and water for our guest"

David: "Aye sir"

When David cane back, he handed each a chilled bottle of L&P, and had some crew bring a table and some chairs for us to sit down and to have somewhere to put down the snacks that he brought out, the snacks being chocolate, Fry bread, chocolate fingers and other types of junk food(You can imagine junk food that you would eat)

Captain Edward: "Please be seated"

Coming out of their shock, the four of them take a seat as the Captain eats one of everything and pours some of their own drink into a cup and drinks it down, being obvious in his actions to show that the food and drink are safe to consume. True to his word the Captain did not talk while they were eating food fit for nobles if not royalty, and it was only when a second serving came out that he started to say anything.

Captain Edward: "So, you said you're Captain wanted to discuss an alliance?"

John: "Yes sir"

Captain Edward: "Did he mention what this alliance will be for or what my crew and I get out of it?"

Fred: "Yes sir he did, he said that he wanted to have good relations with you and your crew, as well as not wanting to be sunk, in exchange he has agreed to put in a good word about you to his higher ups and grant you a letter of recommendation for any of the guilds on the west side of the seas, also may I ask what you and your crew are doing out here in the 'Sea of Sorrows'? it's not every day that ships go alone through this area of the Cursed Sea"

Captain Edward: "Well, first of all we are a merchant vessel so it would be appreciated if he could send us a letter of recommendation for the merchant guild, and why we are out here? well we decided to take a shortcut through, to reach the other side of the Sea of Sorrows"

Harry: "Wow, I'm not sure if that's the greatest thing I've ever heard or the most insane, but with a ship like yours I'm sure not many other ships would have the balls to try and take it, HA they'll all probably turn about just seeing your ship's hull"

Captain Edward: "Anyway, would your Captain have a spare map of the area he would be willing to trade, maps of these seas are expensive from where we came from and not that detailed"

John: "Hmm, yea I think he does, if he doesn't, I'm sure he could lead you to a port, for a price of course"

Captain Edward: "Of course. Very well gentlemen, I will be waiting on word from your Captain, have a nice day and safe travels"

John: "And to you as well Captain Edward, before we go, here take this, so you can directly read the message our Captain sends, straight from the bird itself"

John says as he hands Captain Edwards a thick leather glove followed by a small mouse with its legs tied together and some small cloth scraps with charcoal for writing back.


Another half hour passed and the loot from the HMT Lee II has been completely sorted out:

There being a lot of gold, be it gold coins, gold rings, gold teeth and many more.

Many supplies you would expect on a ship, weapons, cannonballs, gunpowder, dry food, grog, rum and other such things.

The ship itself(Heavily Damaged)

30 Captured humans, 20 men,10 females

50 Slaves of different races(Mostly Dwarfs)

40 Human bodies (In various states of damage) & Human souls


^^^^^

All in all, it was a great first haul even if it was beginner's luck, why do I say that you may find yourself asking? well first of all, most ships do not sail alone if they are carrying a lot or expensive cargo, and secondly, I got 80 new slaves to sell AND I got a way in with the Merchants Guild... is that enough?...

Okay enough of my inner monologue I just spotted a hawk flying from the ship of Captain Ian, and it was only a 5minute wait until I raised my right hand that was covered up to the middle of my forearm with the glove John gave me and holding the struggling little mouse within. Once the hawk landed on my arm its beak went straight for the mouse, while I got the cloth that was wrapped around its right leg with a little bit of struggle on my part, but once off I quickly flattened it out on the capstan the letter reading...

5