Chapter 17: Meeting “Supermodel Boy”
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wanted to keep sleeping, but my body felt so uncomfortable laying in bed that I felt forced to get up. I attempted to open my eyes, but the harsh glare of the sun was beaming into the bedroom. Why the fuck we're the curtains opened? I sat up quickly, realizing that was a huge mistake because instantly my stomach turned. Oh God! I ran to the bathroom and puked out everything from the night before. I tried to breathe in-between each heave, however every time I attempted to do that, I kept seeing little white dots in the air. This went on for way too long, which made me nervous thinking I had alcohol poisoning. When I thought I was done, more would come back up. God I fucking hate drinking!

At some point, I must've passed out again because I was woken up by the painfully cold tile I was sleeping on. I was able to get my bearings straight and stand up on my feet. Okay, so how did I make it back to the hostel last night? I walked into the bedroom and didn't see any signs of Beth, or that anyone else had been here. Where's my phone? I wobbled over to my purse to check if it was there... No, it's not here. Fuck, I paused for a minute, "Okay Tabitha... Where else would it be?" As though my phone was listening to me, I heard vibrating. I swiveled my head around the room, without moving too fast, I delicately looked at the top bunk. Ah! There you are! Oh, and it's Beth calling:

"Yeah?"

"OH THANK GOD YOU'RE ALIVE!"

"Uh yes... Barely though... Wait! You didn't take me home last night?"

"Nah dude! I wentz home wit nother girl last night, if you catch my drift!

"How the hell did I get home?"

"Ummm... Welp, I vaguely member you talkin' wit this cutie at the bar and he said he would watch you... So yeah..." I'm infuriated! They let someone they don't even know take me home!

"WHAT THE HELL BETH! What if something happened to me?"

"Dude chill! Fah said he was like some famous dude sooo if somethin' happened den we would know." Nice fucking logic there. And what does she mean by famous?

"I-I... Whatever... I'm fine. Just extremely hungover. Can you text me Fah's number? I want to text her."

"Sure mate! Glad youz okay! I feel great, buuut I'm kind of a pro at drinking sooo yeah" Beth started cackling extremely loud into the phone. Jesus Beth, that's not something to be impressed with.

Immediately after getting off the phone with Beth, I texted Fah:

"Hey! It's Tabi! I got your number from Beth. Just checking in!"

After sending the text to Fah, I noticed I had an unread message from a random number:

"Hey Tabi! Hope you are doing okay! Text, or call, to let me know."

"Oh! This is Beam by the way. From the club last night. In case you forgot :)"

Who the hell was Beam? Was that the guy Beth was referring to? I kind of remember talking to a guy who was very attractive, but I don't remember what we talked about, or remember giving my number to him. Oh God, I must've been awful last night. I should probably text him and apologize in advance:

"Hey Beam! Sorry in advance, but I don't remember much from last night!"

Okay, sent. Now I'll just wai-- My phone started vibrating. Beam was calling! Oh man, I really didn't want to answer, but he knows I'm near my phone, so I felt forced to.

"Hello?"

"Hey you're okay! You were pretty out of it when I dropped you off." This is embarrassing.

"Shit, really? Yeah sorry about that! I normally don't get like that either... So sorry again!"

"It's okay! Alcohol has a tendency to make people do dumb stuff, so don't worry about it!" He actually sounded genuine about that. He had a really sweet sounding voice, like a little kid.

"Well, thanks again."

"Sure, sure. Ummm, hey I was going to ask, but do you have plans today? I'm sure you feel like shit, but-but I know this place that has great hangover food... I-I mean, that's if you don't have plans already... You know?" As shitty as I felt, this Beam kid was kind of adorable. He just sounded so nervous, and I know if I say no I'll just feel terrible about that, considering he helped me out last night.

"How far is the place from the hostel?"

"It's probably like a 30 minute car ride... If that's too far for you we can--"

"No, that's fine. Let me just take a shower and I'll meet you there. Can you text me the address please?"

"Oh-oh yeah, of course. I'll see you in like an hour then. Uh, bye Tabi!"

I'm curious about this "Beam" kid. Why did he sound so nervous over the phone? Maybe I was looking into it too much. I wonder what we talked about last night and how much my big mouth blabbered. There was no point in trying to guess it, I really couldn't remember much from my intoxicated state. There were bits and pieces, however those bits and pieces still didn't add up to a full memory. I should probably just jump in the shower and get ready for the day then.

Ahh, that shower felt so refreshing! My stomach is still pretty achy and my head is throbbing, but I'm sure the food will help. As I started laying out which outfit I was going to wear, I heard my phone vibrating on the table. I looked over at it and saw that Fah was calling, "Hey Fah!"

"TABI! You were crazy last night! I didn't think you were like that!"

"Oh my God! This is embarrassing! I don't remember anything from last night!"

"SERIOUSLY? Not even the hot supermodel you were talking to all night?"

"The supermodel? I don't remember any model, but there was this kid 'Beam' I was talking with..."

"Yeah that's him... At least I'm pretty sure that's him! He looks like the guy I've seen in billboards and commercials! I dunno, I don't know his name, but I'm like 99.9% positive that's him!"

"Well... If it is, then I'm actually getting ready to meet up with him right now."

"WHAT? LOOK AT YOU GO!"

"IT'S NOT LIKE THAT! I just feel bad about last night because I can't remember anything, so I just want to apologize and talk to him sober."

"Mhmm... Sure ya do! Well, I won't keep you waiting! But before I go, I spoke with that animal rehabilitation place I used to work at, and they would love to chat with you! So I'll text you over the info! Just call them before Friday."

"Really? Oh my god! Thank you Fah! That's awesome!"

"Don't worry about it! Go have fun with 'supermodel boy'! I'll call you later to get the tea!"

"Stop it! But okay, talk to you later!" You know, I thought Fah was all innocent, but it turns out she's just as crazy as Beth. She just hides it better. I chuckled at myself thinking about this.

I needed to hurry up and get ready. I examined the clothes I laid out on the bed, "... Hmmm, a dress or a skirt...? When you feel like shit, dress like you don't feel like shit." I have had this motto in my head since highschool. It's pretty stupid sounding, but whenever I was hungover, or maybe just wasn't feeling well, I always took the opportunity to overdress. I thought that maybe if I looked pretty, I would feel pretty. After much decision, I had finally picked my ensemble; a white t-shirt that was tucked into a red floral maxi skirt, with black converse. Oh, and of course sunglasses. My eyes are going to burn when I walk outside, so the sunglasses might make it less painful.

I grabbed my purse and rushed outside. I texted Beam:

"I'm going to take a cab, so I'll be there in like 30 minutes."

Before I could put my phone away, I immediately got a response from Beam:

"Ok! See you soon :)"

Seeing the cute smiley face, I realized I was smiling at my phone like an idiot. Jesus Tabitha, pull your shit together. I threw my phone in my purse and walked out to the main street and called down a taxi. I still didn't know any Thai, so when I hopped into the cab, I instantly pointed to my phone with the restaurant that was listed on Google maps. The only word he said was, "Ok." After that minor stressful interaction, he started driving and we did not speak the rest of the car ride. I thought about how much interaction might be with Beam, and hopefully find out what happened last night.

0