The Battle to End an Era
1.3k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Don’t be so cocky, Bruce.” A middle-aged man with a fiery aura that can burn anything in the world spoke in an arrogant tone as he stared at the monarch.

“Do you think you can kill all of us with just yourself? Even if you have your little minions with you, all of us can destroy your faction”

“Don’t think that we don’t know you’ve lost a significant amount of your powers after failing The Celestial Ritual.”

“Oh please, I’ve already sent my people to a safe place. I alone am enough to destroy all of you who are so-called sons and daughters of heaven.” Bruce didn’t even look at the Overlords in front of him. Instead, he looked at a section of the empty space for some reason.

After a brief moment, he turned his attention back to his enemies.

“You people are all losers with absolutely no significant talent. All of you got here through schemes and depend solely on your background to get to this point”

“To be honest, it’s quite sad that you guys are still stuck at the overlord level after millions of years” Bruce calmly said as he felt no threat from this group of people who are venerated as gods.

Many beings may pray to these Overlords every day, but to him, they’re nothing more than a speck of dust as their powers are insignificant in his eyes.

“Let’s kill this asshole and take his divine essence. I can’t wait anymore!” The Lightning Phoenix Overlord spoke vehemently as he stared at Bruce like a predator staring at delicious prey.

Everyone nodded and brought out their weapons to prepare for the battle that will end this era. To them, this was the opportunity to ascend to the next level and achieve the greatest fame for killing the Universe Monarch.

“Haha, the little chicken says it well. It is indeed time for a massacre” A demonic look took over Bruce as the runes from Deathwing shined as bright as the surrounding stars. Then, he swiftly moved to the center of the group catching them off guard.

“You all thought that you know all of my abilities after I chopped that little chicken’s father in half last time, but you are wrong.”

“Ever since I ascended to the monarch level, no one has ever seen all of my capabilities.”

Bruce slammed Deathwing into the space between the overlords and created an explosion that shattered the protective runes on their bodies and countless surrounding planets.

“Impossible!”

“He can control space too? I thought his abilities are only limited to elemental affinities.” One of the most beautiful women known in the universe, Scarlet Evergreen Overlord, turned pale after seeing everyone’s protective runes shattered and the space between them fluctuating causing them unable to move.  

“It doesn’t matter. We all knew that he wouldn’t go down easily. Everyone now is the time to get into the formation and summon the destroyer!”

All the Overlords formed a formation in front of Bruce as he stood there curiously waiting for their next trick. They then put forth their energies and started chanting spells that would steal the energy of their followers to summon the being that could help them defeat the Universe Monarch.

“Oh, I didn’t expect you guys to be this ruthless and deliberately sacrifice your followers to summon that monster” Bruce moved ahead and tried to stop them from summoning the destroyer, but he was blocked by an invisible wall.

It appeared that the overlords came prepared as they used a significant amount of their resources to create this ancient barrier when he teleported next to them.

“How pitiful. As expected, all of you plan so carefully to ensure that I fall today. Not one of you has the gut to challenge me head-on"

"That is why none of you will ever become the monarch of the universe.” Bruce had a disappointed look on his face as he broke down the wall protecting the Overlords.

The overlords continued their spells while ignoring Bruce's chatters. To them, Bruce was a delicious meal that was almost ready to be eaten.

Suddenly, a gigantic creature came out with an extremely dark aura that was capable of destroying anything it touches. This creature looked at Bruce and roared a deathly energy blast toward him.

“So, you chose to ally yourself with that side” Bruce narrowed his eyes after seeing the monstrosity that came out of the void.

Due to losing most of his original powers, Bruce ended up taking the blast directly.

“Ah shit, that really hurts” Bruce coughed up blood after taking the brunt of the blast. His body started to decay as he finally broke through the barrier.

With a smile, he vanished from everyone’s surroundings and teleported straight to the weakest Overlord, and sliced him in half with Deathwing. An overlord just like that had died!

However, the Destroyer charged directly at Bruce and bit his body while the other overlords summoned their strongest attacks on him.

It was then that Bruce smashed the Destroyer away from him and summoned a phenomenon of elemental storms comprising Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Darkness, and Lightning.

The storms gathered energy from all the surrounding stars and charged toward the Overlords. These storms swept up the overlords while wreaking havoc across the entire universe. Meanwhile Bruce wrestled with the Destroyer as the two were in a deadlock.

Being at half his strength, it was difficult for Bruce to fight the Destroyer and the overlords simultaneously. He had to end the fight fast before his energy runs out.

Bruce’s vitality continued to deteriorate as he fought the ruler from the Nether Realm that also wanted his powers.

“Well, I guess it’s the end of the road for me” Bruce said calmly as he struggled to fight the overlords and the Destroyer in his weakened state.

Upon hearing Bruce’s words, the Overlords became overjoyed as they were so close to getting what they wanted all along.

With all his last strength, Bruce slammed the Destroyer away from him and let go of the Deathwing. He then teleported Deathwing to a faraway abandoned planet. Afterward, he stared at his enemies and laughed like a madman.

“While it’s true that I got weaker after failing the Celestial Ritual, I did discover something from that incident.”

“At that moment, I was at the lowest point in this life. Thus, I was able to create a new element, Destruction!”

“All of you will be the first to witness the power of destruction and so, please enjoy the show.” Bruce began to form multiple ancient runes around him, and a bleak aura began to resonate with everyone within the vicinity.

“I have a really bad feeling about this.” One of the Overlord turned deathly pale.

“This fucker is not bluffing, the aura surrounding him is suffocating me. We need to retreat now!” The other Overlords freaked out as they struggled to breathe and began to summon a portal to escape. Before they even had a chance to get away, the mysterious energy enveloped them, preventing them from escaping.

“First law of destruction….”

“Before creation, there is only the abyss.”

An energy so overwhelmingly powerful oppressed everyone and caused even the Destroyer to shriek in fear. As everyone struggled to escape, the energy materialized into bright darkish red particles and completely annihilated their existences. The Destroyer and the universe overlords have died forever. Not even their souls could escape from the destruction energy.

 

 

 

27