Ares the God of War
284 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bruce and Ares started to exchange blow-for-blow against one another. Both have forgotten that they both have other techniques at their disposal but opted to only use their fists.

'Why is he getting stronger and faster' Bruce always thought that his opponent in the trial would always remain at the same strength.

That was not the case for Ares. That monster kept getting stronger every second!

Seeing nothing in his eyes but an undying fighting spirit, Bruce knew that Ares had entered enlightenment as he fought Bruce.

'This is bullshit!'

Not only were Ares' soul and body absurdly powerful. His techniques and fighting styles were also perfect. Who could have ever defeated this person in the past?

Bruce stopped thinking about the negatives and only thought about one thing. How to defeat Ares in his current form.

Bruce removed all distractions from his head and only focused on Ares' movements. Gradually, Bruce began to enter enlightenment as well and became stronger.

"Good, good, good!"

"This is how it should be!"

Ares was overjoyed to see that Bruce entered the same state of mind as he did. Ares could fight to his heart's content without his enemies dropping like flies.

"Remember this Bruce, war is not won in one battle"

"You may lose most battles but still win the war"

Bruce understood what Ares meant and was excited himself. He was fighting against the legendary God of War.

The two fists collided thousands of times sending shockwaves across the ruins. Bruce was weaker than Ares due to being down one cultivation realm, but he compensated for that weakness by using runes and his gauntlet to empower his offensive attack.

In this battle, Ares used his bare hand as his weapon of choice. Like a true mad warrior, he didn't care whether his hand would be injured because he would just heal it back up.

"Let's get serious now" Ares stopped attacking and summoned his weapon, a silver spear.

"Wait, I thought you only used your fists" Bruce was surprised to see a weapon in Ares' hand.

"Who says that I can only use my fists?" Ares laughed.

"I can use any weapon I like with perfect mastery"

Ares thrust the spear in Bruce's direction and caused a mountain nearby to fly off the map.

"Erm, I call a time out" Bruce didn't think Ares would get more frightening.

"Bruce, you're fighting for your life now. There is no such thing as a time-out!" Ares attacked Bruce ferociously with no openings.

The only good thing going for Bruce was that his gauntlet was able to block Ares' attack, but he wasn't going to win at this rate.

Any powerful rune that he aimed at Ares got destroyed. Elemental attacks don't work on the monster because he would just heal himself.

Ares is a man with unlimited stamina and power. Who could defeat this person?

Who?

Who…

The scene where the Monarch destroyed his enemies came into Bruce's mind once again.

So that's how it is.

Ares grew in strength due to his godlike perceptions. He consistently broke the limits of the world.

Why can't I break the limit of this world as well?

Over the past decade, Bruce had tried his best to derive the original technique of Heavenly Stars. He never asked The Monarch for help because his pride wouldn't allow it.

To reach the peak, there is no shortcut.

With all his training throughout the past couple of years and being in a state of enlightenment, Bruce finally unlocked the original technique.

"Heavenly Stars Open"

"Give me all your energy!" Bruce screamed out loud and the stars responded to him.

Stars in the surroundings began to spin and reacted to Bruce's command. Suddenly, a storm of cosmic energy swept the battlefield. At the center of the storm was a man with starlike eyes.

Bruce felt connections with all the stars that granted him powers. Usually, he would only obtain a 50% increased in power whenever he used Heavenly Stars. However, at that moment, Bruce felt nothing but sheer powers in his veins. One punch of his could probably destroy a country.

"I see, so you're the successor of the only man who could challenge me in this world"

"Come on, let's fight to the death!" Ares' eyes glowed as he used his ultimate technique.

"World Breaker"

The planet began to break as the God of War's aura increased abruptly. Even a Great Emperor would cower in fear when facing him. Tears in space can be seen across the world.

Bruce and Ares finally collided with one another. Creating phenomena whenever they clashed.

The same scene had happened countless times in the past as the Eternal Star God and the God of War fought for supremacy.

In the end, the winner was always the same person.

"Spear art: Divine Nine Suns"

Ares spun his spear and created nine suns around his body. His domain empowered the suns making each of them blood red. Each red sun was capable to destroy anything in its path. Ares fiercely lunged toward Bruce with the intention to end the fight.

Bruce summoned 3 gigantic runes in front of him. Each rune would empower his attack to the utmost limit. He then channeled all his energy into the gauntlet to send out the strongest attack of his life.

Bruce saw the God of War charging at him with the power to destroy the world. Instead of panicking, he smiled.

"Sorry, but I'm stronger than you now"

"World Breaker"

Right before Bruce sent out his attack, he activated the forbidden technique at the last second to obtain the power to destroy the world.

Stars surrounding the planet condensed and arrived in front of Bruce's fist.

"Stars Extinction!"

Bruce threw out his fist and Ares subconsciously flinched for a few microseconds because he felt how powerful Bruce's attack was.

The stars and the red suns collided.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

The planet's core was damaged by the explosion and the planet itself was on the brink of collapse.

'After all this time, I lose to you once again' Ares lightly chuckled as half his body was destroyed.

"Congratulations, Bruce Stellae"

"You managed to achieve the impossible"

"Don't be too happy though. I will find you and have my revenge" Ares' voice sounded irritated.

Bruce heard Ares' voice and laughed.

"Hahaha, I defeated the God of War!"

"I fucking did it!"

Bruce happily cheered until his body betrayed him. Using both Heavenly Stars and World Breaker has torn down his body. Bruce began to close his eyes and fell into a deep coma.

The Dragon God appeared in the sky and looked at Bruce in admiration.

"Over my long life span of ten billion years, I have been defeated by those godlike beings"

"Yet, you managed to achieve the impossible and defeat all of them with a handicap"

"I applaud you Bruce Stellae"

"You are worthy to become the next Dragon God"

9