102: Honey, I’m Home
261 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ability of the cape is way too fun. Pity it ends, as I land in the courtyard of the manor. They are going to be so surprised, seeing me alive! Unless maybe Yorgar said something. I walk up to the entrance. My permanent read reveals the people inside the mansion, but there are surprisingly few.

I try to open the door but it is locked. Luckily, it seems someone is coming down the hallway. As he passes, I knock on the door. He stops up, freezes for a little bit, then comes over to open it up.

Slightly embarrassed over my current state, I flip the cape around, so that my privates are covered, before he opens up the door.

I don’t recognize the man who opens the door. In addition to that, he is dressed rather weirdly, with a finish black and white suit, with gloves on his hand.

“What are you doing here? This is private property!” He says in an accusatory tone.

“Eh, ah, if you could just call Ahorn here, he’ll voich for me” I stumble through my words, as I was a little surprised from the tone of his voice.

“Ahorn? The Hero? He sold this mansion more than a year ago?” What?  A year?I thought I had only spent a few months at most in the dungeon. I am seriously bad at keeping time, when I am removed from the world. But Ahorn gave up, huh?

“Do you know where one can find him?” I ask.

The man merely grunts dismissively. “I know not and I do not care, remove yourself from the premises immediately” Shit, so uptight.

I quickly vacate the grounds. I jump up and start to glide again, towards a new target, the house where Vasha and Amina lived. They could also have vacated, but I really need clothes and they are my only lead.

I can see one person is in the home, as I climb the stairs that lead directly to the second floor. Upon knocking, they come over and open up the door. It is Amina.

“Ah, hi! I was wondering if you could help me a little.”

She seems a little taken aback at first, but just replies with “Certainly, sir, come in.” I was initially happy to see a friendly face, but the tone she has, over time it has started to sound less like respect, and more like her taking her distance from me. It bothers me.

“And where have you been sir? Your brother was very worried when you didn’t show up after a few weeks.”

“Ah, I went to the bottom of the dungeon and met… an angel? God? Not really sure.”

Her eyes widen and her next line livens up from her usual calm demeanor. “Really sir? Can you describe it?”

“Like a child, not a girl or a boy, slightly shining, completely nude?”

“That matches Ahorn’s description! You really met with God!!” She is ecstatic. I remember now that she used to serve in a temple, is that why? Still, God huh? After it sounded like the thing ran its own show, I had my suspicions, but to think a god can look so… puny. And be so annoying.

“What did they say? What did you do? Ah, to hear of such in my lifetime.”

“Ah, erhm, sure…” I give a recap of the events to Amina. I tell her of the talk, the one gift and one question per dungeon and the cape I received. I leave out the details about her kidnapping me though. I feel like it really doesn’t add anything, and I already feel more like a resident of this world, rather than of the previous one.

She appears very enthusiastic and happy while I tell her. Afterwards, I address a more immediate problem.

“Erhm, it’s great that you are happy. Now I would like to ask for a favor, though” I say.

“Of course, sir. I assume it is with regard to clothes?” She adapts her calm tone once again. I am sitting here wearing the cloak, like one wears that cover at a hairdresser’s.

“Yeah, that would be great.”

“There’s no clothes here that would fit you, but Yorgar will come back when it is time for dinner. He will likely be happy to lend you money.” I smile a little, though I don’t know why.

“Is he out with Vasha?” I can’t help but notice her absence.

“Ah, no, sir… The things is… She passed away more than a year ago.” More than a year?

“How long have I been gone?”

“Almost two years, sir.”

“Well, I am really happy that you and Yorgar stayed around. Was it for my sake?” I ask.

“Ah, no, sir… I believe Yorgar will tell you when he returns.” Amina averts her eyes. She is looking a little guilty. Why?

Soon she starts preparing a meal and the sky starts to darken. She is boiling meat over a lit fireplace. Can you even call it boiling? The water doesn’t bubble or steam after all, it merely becomes hot. I wonder if it can turn into ice? I have heard that cold places exist, but I have never seen one.

Soon, the sound of the door opening. “Honey! I'm home!” sounds the familiar voice of my younger brother.

Honey? Vasha is dead so…. Ah. I somehow feel betrayed.

5