Prologue 1
626 8 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"AAAAAAAAAH!"(???)

"HEEELP!"(???)

"THIS DAMNED WA--"(???)

 

The sky was dyed orange, smoke rising from fortresses and numerous cries ringing through the area.

 

*PEW* *PEW*

*VIEWWWWWWW* *KAPASH*

 

Aircrafts crafted specifically for war were ravaging lands off the face of the earth, land vehicles created for the sole reason of war and nuclear weapons that can destroy mountains are as common as the day. There were numerous battlefields such as this scattered across the globe.

The reason? The reason is because of the long dream that all humans have thought of at least once. The possibility of migrating to another planet. Yes the possibility, it is not even definite.

 

"[[Code name: Joker]] get ready to deploy."(???)

"Affirmative."(Joker)

 

Hovering over the cause of this war is a large battleship that was specifically created for self-destruction. The battleship's bridge was lowered and a single man was standing on the edge. The characteristics of this particular man was light pink brown skin, brown hair with a tint of black and green eyes. The man known as 'Joker' was clad in a black armour that seemed to protect every vital of the body, this was however not noticeable as there was an orange cloak concealing it.

 

A countdown was being relayed to Joker, this was the signal of his depart.

 

10...

9...

8...

7...

 

"I wonder how things ended up like this..."(Joker)

 

Joker muttered under his breath a question and it was answered by a female voice.

 

6...

5...

 

"Who knows? The AIs were right though, humans are the ones destroying the world."(Operator)

 

4…

3...

2...

 

"I'll be seeing you on the other side, partner."(Joker)

"See you."(Operator)

 

1...

0...

DEPART!

 

*PSSSSHHHHH*

 

Joker was sent flying to the main reason of the war, the bureau of space technology.

 

Intercom message has been received.

A message was sent to Joker, since it was most likely his partner he answered.

 

"It seems my time has come earlier, multiple missiles have been sent my way..."(Operator)

"I see..."(Joker)

"May I call you by your name one last time..?"(Operator)

"Sure, Veis."(Joker)

"Thank you, Saito..."(Veis)

 

*KABOOOOOOOOOOM*

 

An explosion rang out through the area, Joker instinctively knew it was his partner. Joker couldn't stop his frustration at having lost his partner and childhood friend, Veis, killed so he shouted.

 

"DAMN IT ALL!"(Joker)

 

Joker readied his sword-shaped gun and the moment he landed he dashed into enemy base.

 

"W-wha!"(???)

 

The first person Joker saw was a soldier who had the unfortunate job of guarding the enemy base. Joker immediately focused his strength in his legs and as if he teleported, was near the soldier. The soldier was surprised as he didn't expect someone would be crazy enough to target the base, this however led to his demise.

Joker held his sword-shaped gun tightly and chopped off the soldier's head, he then grabbed it by the hair and threw it while activating a function of his armour.

 

Power output as been raised to 70%

 

"HA!"(Joker)

 

When Joker threw the head, it crashed into the vault-like door and created a ravine like tear in the whole base. This alerted Joker's enemies however he didn't care in the slightest.

 

"RELEASE ALL THE BOMBS!"(Joker)

 

Affirmative. Explosives activated.

 

The entire base was blown up in mere seconds, this however was not Joker's goal. The underground section of the base was as clear as day due to the explosion, Joker jumped into the underground section and started his rampage.

 

"It's the god of death he--!"(???)

*FWIP*

"RUN NO--"(???)

*BANG BANG*

"PLEASE SPA--"(???)

*BANG*

"GOD SA--"(???)

*BANG*

 

Joker mercilessly killed all the soldiers, engineers and scientists in his way, the numbers of people he was killing increased as seconds passed due to Joker heading directly to the main cause of his and many other's suffering. Eventually Joker had killed all the people in the area and was in front of a large vault.

 

"So this is where my suffering will end."(Joker)

 

Joker kicked open the vault and rushed inside. In the vault there were numerous unknown machinery and rooms, however the room that stood out the most is the room at the end of a corridor. It was the biggest door he had seen, and since according to Joker's logic which is 'big places = important places' he kicked down the door and was in a room.

 

The room was a fairly large room with a white colour, in the middle of the room was a humanoid machine that was the size of a small mall and behind that machine was a large crystal that was just as big.

 

"It's beautiful isn't it?"(Humanoid Machine)

 

Joker was a little startled at first but then comprehended the circumstances and calmed himself down.

 

"Yeah, it is."(Joker)

 

Honestly speaking, the dark blue crystal had a shine that could be described as ethereal or even divinity itself. After both the humanoid machine and Joker stared at the crystal for a while, the humanoid machine brought up a conversation.

 

"So, who're you?"(Humanoid Machine)

"..."(Joker)

"Okay, let me start. I'm Hayden Kosma."(Hayden)

"...Joker."(Joker)

"I don't mean those silly code names, I meant your real name."(Hayden)

"...Saito Maeda."(Joker)

"I see."(Hayden)

"...Why are you doing this?"(Joker)

"I honestly forgot, but I probably started this when I first laid my eyes on this beauty."(Hayden)

"...I'm going to kill you, you know?"(Joker)

"Haha, I know. I can only expect that from the famed 'card master'."(Hayden)

"...You know me?"(Joker)

"Of course I do! Who hasn't heard about the card genius, Saito Maeda. The man who can do anything that involves cards, from simple games to even weaponizing cards."(Hayden)

"Then you should know what they call me right?"(Joker)

"Of course I do. You have many names but the three prevalent names are 'The God Of Death', 'Card Master' and last but not least, 'Traitor'.

 

Joker readied his sword-shaped gun and--

"--So, can we start killing each other already?"(Joker)

"Haha, before we do I have a proposal."(Hayden)

"--What is it?"(Joker)

 

Hayden stretched his robotic hand and said--

"--Join me."(Hayden)

"Fuck off."(Joker)

And Joker replied in an instant.

 

"I see!"(Hayden)

"Now, lets kill each other!"(Joker)

 

Joker and Hayden attacked each other. Hayden sent missiles and then Joker parried them and sent them back.

*KAPEESH*

This explosion didn't stop the two from their fight and Joker came up close. Joker slashed Hayden numerous times and eventually Hayden caught Joker's sword. This however did not stop Joker because Joker raised his armour's output.

 

Power output has been raised to 100%

 

Joker raised his output and overpowered Hayden's grip and immediately after Joker swiftly brought down his sword on one of the elbows of Hayden's machine.

 

"AAAAAHHHHHH!"(Hayden)

 

Hayden bellowed as if he was a speaker that had surpassed 1000% volume, this however amused Joker.

 

"Not used to pain eh?"(Joker)

"I don't think I ever will!"(Hayden)

 

Joker and Hayden resumed their fight. Joker sent slash after slash and parried incoming projectiles, and Hayden shot projectile after projectile and was damaged by reflected projectiles. This continuous exchanged ended when Hayden shot two missiles in front of himself and blasted Joker away.

 

"ARGH!"(Joker)

"Not used to pain eh?"(Hayden)

"I'm more used to pain than you and plus what hurts still hurts."(Joker)

 

Joker replied to Hayden's provocations and eventually landed, but not safely. He kept rolling on the floor and since Joker knew he was close to crash, he put his hand in his pocket then took out a gun and shot a card.

 

*KAPASH*

 

"GUHA!"(Joker)

"ARGHHHH MY EYE! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY EYE!"(Hayden)

 

The card Joker shot during his crash flew like lightning straight into the head of Hayden's armour, it seemed to have pierced through the armour and was lodged in Hayden's left eye.

 

"Kuhaha..."(Joker)

 

Joker laughed, it was the kind of laugh that would only appear on villains.

 

"KUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"(Joker)

"WHAT'S SO FUNNY!"(Hayden)

"ALL OF IT!"(Joker)

"ALL OF WHAT?!"(Hayden)

"ALL OF THIS! SOMEONE WHO CAUSES SO MUCH PAIN AND SUFFERING TO OTHERS CAN'T HANDLE A SMALL INJURY."(Joker)

"SHUT UUUUUUP!"(Hayden)

 

Hayden shot only missiles, it seems he wants Joker to die painfully rather than quickly. This however was Hayden's undoing because Joker approached Hayden in a rush while deflecting the missiles. The deflected missiles were aimed at Hayden's legs and thus--

 

"ARGHHHH"(Hayden)

 

--His legs were blasted right off.

 

Joker was now in front of Hayden and thrusted his weapon to pierce Hayden's chest piece, Joker's weapon was clogged into Hayden's armour. 

 

"Hahaha...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"(Hayden)

 

Hayden laughed because Joker's weapon was a few centre metres away from his heart. This however brought a smile on Joker's face because--

*CLUNK* *KAPOW*

--His weapon is a sword-shaped gun not a sword.

 

"Eh?"(Hayden)

"I told you, I'll kill you."(Joker)

 

It took Hayden a while to process what was going on until Joker pushed his weapon's handle downward and thus his gun was pointed upwards, then Joker pulled the trigger.

*CLUNK* *KAPOW*

The bullet pierced Hayden's neck and killed him, although Hayden should be angry when Joker looked in the head area of the armour he could see a Black haired, white skinned man who had his eyes closed while smiling.

 

"Why the fuck are you smiling?"(Joker)

 

Joker questioned the dead corpse, it seems seeing the cause of all his problems dead invoked the hidden emotions in Joker's heart.

 

"I SAID WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU SMILING?!"(Joker)

"EVERYONE'S DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU! JOHN, CHRIS, AMANDA, PAUL, SCHWERT, SAMAD AND EVEN VEIS, THEY'RE ALL DEAD!"(Joker)

"WHY DO YOU GET TO DIE FREE WHILE EVERYONE ELSE DIED WITH REGRETS?!"(Joker)

 

Joker was about punch the dead corpse but somehow managed to crush his urge to do so.

 

"No... It's my fault. I couldn't protect them all."(Joker)

 

Joker said so while tears were dripping down his face, all that remained in his heart after killing the person he wanted to kill the most was regret. Joker soon after brought himself into a calm mind state and looked at the crystal, it was glowing brightly and Joker put his hand on it soon after.

 

"Huh?"(Joker)

 

Joker himself didn't know why he did this, it was as if his body was moving by itself. His legs marched further into the light and eventually he ended up in an unknown place.

 

"Where the hell is this?"(Joker)

 

The place Joker was in now could be said to be similar to a glacier cave, however there were numerous oddities. Some of these oddities were: the concept of temperature seemed to not exist, no way out and the area was dark however it was at the same to bright with light. The colour of the ice was like the crystal, it was a deep blue. It looked surreal.

 

Come closer.(???)

"Huh?"(Joker) 

Come closer, closer, closer , closer, closer, closer, closer, closer, closer, closer, closer, closer, closer, closer, closer--(???)

"Shut the fuck up already."(Joker)

 

A Strange voice kept calling out to Joker and so Joker simply followed where the voice was coming from. When Joker reached his destination he found a creature. The creature had odd characteristics such as multiple eyes on it's head, multiple batwings for arms all over it's body, pale skin and also the size was taller than a tower.

 

The creature gave Joker's instincts a sense of dread, but Joker who was already on the brink of despair decided to ignore his instincts.

 

"Now that's an ugly motherfucker if I've ever seen one."(Joker)

Do you not fear me?(???)

"I fear you but I don't give a shit."(Joker)

Kukeke, how amusing.(???)

"Not from my point of view."(Joker)

But it is from mine.(???)

"So who the fuck are you?"(Joker)

I am the reason of your despair, the one who corrupted that young prodigy's mind and also your new owner.(???)

"Fuck that."(Joker)

NOW COME!!!(???)

 

The creature went in to swoop down on Joker as if to enshroud him with his 'arms' but---

 

*SHIING*

 

URAAAAA! WHAT IS THIS?!

 

---The creature was repelled, it was repelled by the box in Joker's pocket.

 

"The fuck?"(Joker)

 

Joker's pocket glowed, and so Joker reached out and saw it--

 

"Why's the memento glowing?"(Joker)

 

--The memento that Joker got from his parents. Joker never met his parents as he was an orphan in an orphanage, however he was told that his parents left a box with him, this box was nearly impossible to open though.

 

THIS IS... IT'S LOUIE'S CARD DECK?!(???)

"Uhh?"(Joker)

But there's no way a mortal would have it! But what if...(???)

"Well, whatever."(Joker)

 

Joker opened the box and saw a card deck with a note-like card. The card read as:

"If you come across a weird monster that wants your body be sure to throw this card at him. From yours truly, Louie Maeda."

 

Oh shit, then he must be the son of--(???)

 

Before the creature could finish talking Joker threw the note-like card at the creature's head.

 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA---(???)

 

The creature let out a deafening cry, one that screeched through this seemingly endless glacier cave. The creature knew it would die, and so it cursed the person it hated the most for it's last words.

 

THAT FUCKING GOD OF GAMES!(???)

*POP*

 

Joker who saw all of this had one thought--

 

"--Well, that was anticlimactic."(Joker)

"I wonder why I just did what the card said without hesitation? Hmm... It felt like I just did what a parent asked me to do."(Joker)

 

*CRACK*

"Mhm?"(Joker)

*CRACK* *CRACK* CRACK *CRACK* *CRACK* *CRACK*

"Oh... Shit."(Joker)

*KAPOW*

 

The area that Joker was in, or to be more accurate the whole glacier itself, cracked and broke--

"FUUUUUUUU---!"(Joker)

--With Joker in it. Joker's voice radiated inside the void he fell into, and soon after he lost his consciousness.

 

14